Goverment official says " Ditch your Moderna order and get Pfizer from the state"

stupidfarang

My Thai wife paid for two jabs 3,300 baht in August and still waiting for the vaccine to arrive (though has now had a Pfizer jab from the state about a week ago. My point is what happens about a refund? Hospitals have said no refund, so are we to forget about the money along with thousands of other Thai people who have paid? To have the goverment say "ditch your Moderna" is an insult

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2220447/ditch-your-moderna-order-get-pfizer-from-state-anutin

Well, in the sense that Moderna has been found to last longer against covid, it is bad advice. That has to be weighed against the possibility that you may be able to get Pfizer sooner.  As for the payments, the government never mandated that anyone purchase the Moderna. There was always the possibility that other options would turn up. Of course, if your financial situation is not strong, I can understand and sympathize with your chagrin.

• Like 1

BP articles verboten here.

Odd that the government is STILL anti-private option? Not sure if this part of the continuing vendetta/family feud, or an indication that paid private vaccines will be severely restricted?

One assumes that the minister will reimburse all people who ditch their Moderna?

The "government" has "ordered" some 8.6 mm doses of Moderna.

Edited by mtls2005

moderna payed in august will arrive january-june. Suppose to be the second generation.

Those 5mln bought in June are arriving now, but in a very small quantities 1k doses per hospital. This year only 2mln planned.

Out of those 5mln some 1mln will go directly to the red cross, at request of army (will go to army, civil servants, some end up on the black market, as dr Anutin selling donated pfizer at his khao yai rancho at 25k).

I have bought my 2 moderna at the end of august, yet before I was booked for pfizer.

That would be good as a booster for me, maybe wife or anybody from family.

It's good to have a back up to supposedly free governmental program. Problem is, that foreigners in thailand are the last to be treated and offered booster shots (a very similar situation to what was happening earlier on - blank refusal).  

most foreigners did not have any other choice as to buy moderna or fly back to their own countries for free vax

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

Problem is, that foreigners in thailand are the last to be treated and offered booster shots (a very similar situation to what was happening earlier on - blank refusal).  

most foreigners did not have any other choice as to buy moderna or fly back to their own countries for free vax

Both of that is just wrong.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

One assumes that the minister will reimburse all people who ditch their Moderna?

Why should he reimburse people? He gives the people a free vaccine, just not the one that they paid for.

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Both of that is just wrong.

Why should he reimburse people? He gives the people a free vaccine, just not the one that they paid for.

yes, that is plain wrong by thai authorities to segregate population on nationals and not nationals as to access to vaccination program.

If not the usa 1.5mln pfizer and now 1mln moderna, the UK 410k AZ donation, only very few foreigners would be vaxed by now.

By some agreement thai authorities promised to allocate up to some 10% of those donations to foreigners.

I was offered my vax at the end of August, despite registering in all vax programs offered to foreigners and also willing to buy sinopharm.

I don't hope for a booster shot from thai - unless again stipulated by an international donation or I will fly to my home country for J&J and get a proper covid passport allowing european and hence world travel

9 minutes ago, internationalism said:

yes, that is plain wrong by thai authorities to segregate population on nationals and not nationals as to access to vaccination program.

If not the usa 1.5mln pfizer and now 1mln moderna, the UK 410k AZ donation, only very few foreigners would be vaxed by now.

By some agreement thai authorities promised to allocate up to some 10% of those donations to foreigners.

I was offered my vax at the end of August, despite registering in all vax programs offered to foreigners and also willing to buy sinopharm.

I don't hope for a booster shot from thai - unless again stipulated by an international donation or I will fly to my home country for J&J and get a proper covid passport allowing european and hence world travel

I got Sinovac+AZ a few months ago, they could have given this to a Thai person instead, but they didn't.

Afaik the current booster program is for everybody, where does it say Thai only?