Thaksin calls for the preservation of Hua Lamphong station

webfact

On 11/24/2021 at 6:45 PM, Golden Triangle said:

I've so many happy memories of that place, taking trains to places like Ayutthaya, Korat, Kanchanaburi, going further north & coming back into BKK, sneaking down to the last carriage where there was just a chain across and standing having a ciggie or two ( I no longer smoke) wait for it to pull into a station & buy some food and a couple of beers from the local ladies who came aboard.

Those were the days, then you could have fun, it's getting more sterile every day.

Yes, a beer on the train -- such a wonderful thing!

Thailand is losing its charm. And few even care.

18 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Yes, a beer on the train -- such a wonderful thing!

Thailand is losing its charm. And few even care.

I'm not sure if that was a sarcastic remark or you were being serious, I'm sure you'll let us know, but many years back before I lived here & had a car I travelled a lot by train, it was good fun & I enjoyed it immensely, a 4 hour trip from BKK to Korat could take 6 or 7 hours, brakes stuck on and then burning, stuck in the middle of nowhere for no apparent reason, so when you pull into a station and on get the local ladies with sarnies, rolls & beer great ????

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I'm not sure if that was a sarcastic remark or you were being serious, I'm sure you'll let us know, but many years back before I lived here & had a car I travelled a lot by train, it was good fun & I enjoyed it immensely, a 4 hour trip from BKK to Korat could take 6 or 7 hours, brakes stuck on and then burning, stuck in the middle of nowhere for no apparent reason, so when you pull into a station and on get the local ladies with sarnies, rolls & beer great ????

Certainly not being sarcastic.

Who wouldn't agree that beer and locomotives are a great combination?

A beer whilst looking at the scenery was wonderful. Now, it's just a journey from A to B.

In general, Thailand is losing its charm.

• Like 1