Guy next to me on plane has COVID, so i have to quarantine?

2 hours ago, Oxx said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Link ???

Link not permitted by forum rules.

With over 4000 posts surely you have seen other posters post links to sources ???

A link to a credible, reliable and accurate source adds credibility to quotes and facts presented.

NOTE: the word Credible...   linking to the equivalent of a flatearthers site does not lend credibility.

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

With over 4000 posts surely you have seen other posters post links to sources ???

I think his info was from a source that is under this this forum rule.

"26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum."

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, elcaro said:

As long as the emergency decree is in place I would not book a holiday here as any rules and regulations can change overnight 

Clouds so swift
Rain won't lift
Gate won't close
Railings froze
Get your mind of wintertime
You ain't goin' nowhere

Yeah. I'm probably not going too far either... 

On 11/24/2021 at 7:44 PM, fhfuentes said:

yes thank i know that going somewhere else is always an option

but i'd like to make an informed decision and that requires reading the official policy to make an informed decision that is why i am posting this thread

You could not find any government reference but read in some blogs. Why do you thinks members would know what's the government policy is? They will also regurgitate the same information they read from the same blogs , most probably.

Sorry, but I think you are being very naieve?

Committing everyone to the cost of this....what if one person in your group has covid at time of flight, maybe you will be all refused boarding, maybe all quarantined at Bangkok.

A new highly contagious strain was announced today from the African Countries with flights entry etc being effected! What if that spreads to other countries?

It is far too early to be organising such a trip, but as they say "Up to you"

I agree with a lot of posters, it's down to an officials interpretation the law. Remember this is the land of brown envelopes. From personal experience I can tell you what the law and official line is isn't always what happens. I had to use the threat of involving the UK consulate to get my passport back once. Remember you are a foreign visitor in Thailand and if you weren't here something wouldn't have happened. Eg, motor accident your fault even if not as if you hadn't been here on holiday the accident wouldn't have happened. A lot of things in Thailand seem illogical to foreigners but that's life in Thai.

Edited by Petey11

You should look for a specific travel insurance policy (not medical) that may cover enforced quarantine when not ill. Medical policy generally will not generally cover you if you are forced into precautionary quarantine if you are not personally ill enough to require hospitalisation. There have been numerous cases of covid positive people who were foced to quarantine whilst infected but who were asymptomatic and medical insurance companies denied them coverage. Some have subsequently contested the payment denial though and succeeded as well. So its dependent on your policy, the insurance company attitude and your state of wellbeing.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:35 AM, fhfuentes said:

can anyone find the official government policy on this

The policies are dynamic, always changing, covid keeps changing, there's a new variant coming out of South Africa. 

Best you look into the crystal ball, your questions can't be answered here at this time. 

Good luck in the future 

Struggling to see how this works - u sit next to covid infected person (not known at time) and go to different hotels and have tests done. 

The following day they get back their positive test, the system then needs to find you as a close contact and get onto you before getting your test and leaving...in LOS i think that would be nigh on impossible. 

Now of course they can find you and drag you back to QT i suppose ?

And as i just read they are already going to rapid test and no overnight hotel, million to one it'll still be an issue in April next year...or the whole border closed again because of Europe/US blowouts...i doubt it but def would be not booking anything months in advance atm