Greatest and most Haunting film of our times: Melancholia

GammaGlobulin

Off Topic, regarding other great films just released, Last Duel, directed by Ridley Scott ( true history) and of course, The Rescue, Thai kids cave rescue. All the recent Marvel releases are just terrible, except Falcon Winter Soldier , a decent effort. Rewatched the rather brilliant Burn Notice ( Pilot Episode)……

On 12/7/2021 at 6:29 PM, TropicalGuy said:

“Melancholia” is very highly rated by critics and moviegoers.80% Critics Rating & 67% from moviegoers, on the gold std. film review site Rotten Tomatoes. Will now watch it as SciFi. Dunst regarded to have given her best career performance. 

To be correct "by critics and people that bother posting about movies they see". Other than on here I've never commented on line about any movie I see and I see a lot of movies.

Critics probably loved Out of Africa, which is all I need to say about critics ( rubbish movie IMO ).

Movies I love ( the ones I watch again and again ) best are those that critics probably never comment on.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:35 PM, TropicalGuy said:

Off Topic, regarding other great films just released, Last Duel, directed by Ridley Scott ( true history) and of course, The Rescue, Thai kids cave rescue. All the recent Marvel releases are just terrible, except Falcon Winter Soldier , a decent effort. Rewatched the rather brilliant Burn Notice ( Pilot Episode)……

Agree about Marvel movies. They seem to have completely lost the plot. The recent Shang-Chi and the 10 rings was OK though.