Thailand reports 6,073 new COVID-19 cases, 32 deaths, 6,538 recoveries

webfact

COV27.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Saturday (November 27) reported 6,073 new COVID-19 cases, 6,538 recoveries and 32 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

▶︎ Infections outside prisons: 5,904. Prisons: 169

▶︎ Recoveries: 6,538

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 2,072,096

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 1,973,076

Saturday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 2,100,959 with 20,677 deaths.

The news comes as an advisor to Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), Professor Dr. Udom Kachinthorn, said today (Friday) that the COVID-19 situation in Thailand has not yet improved, with  daily infections fluctuating between 5,000 and 7,000 for the past few weeks and infections may surge following the easing of lockdown restrictions.

He believes that new infections will not, however, increase substantially, as has been the case in the past, but stressed the need for vaccinations and compliance with basic safety measures, such as wearing face masks at all times while outdoors and maintaining social distancing.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update27NOV).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-27

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Very little change over the last 2 weeks. Numbers include ATK.

sun 14/11 8429   sun 21/11 9698
mon 7498   mon 7935
tues 8020   tues 6642
wed 8553   wed 7717
thur 9007   thur 8726
fri 9491   fri 9365
sat 9607   sat 10333
total 60605   total 60416
daily av. 8658   daily av. 8631

Deaths seem to be bouncing all over the place.

Thanks for the numbers @Bkk Brian

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At least there is a drop in cases from the 154 previously. Up and down like a fiddler's elbow!

Health officials on Friday (Nov 26) reported 89 new COVID-19 cases, 24 were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 11 cases were found in Pranburi, 12 cases in Sam Roi Yot, zero cases in Kuiburi, 6 cases found in Thap Sakae, zero cases in Bang Saphan, zero cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 36 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan. No deaths were reported today.

In Hua Hin, a new cluster was found at a complex of rented rooms in Soi Banjong Suk at Hin Lek Fai. Cluster has so far resulted in 22 confirmed cases.

Nov 26: Prachuap reports 89 new COVID-19 cases, 24 cases in Hua Hin - Hua Hin Today English Newspaper Info, Reports, Events and News Social Life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

as they are hoing to do ATK tests for incoming tourists, it is sure that the cases will go down, and the ATK cases go up, but that will not be counted... Look how good Thailand is doing with the Covid, they will say but in the meantime today cases above the 10.000 again....

Hopely this covid thing not repeat itself. Now this new variant from Africa, country's start to close border's people from there! What happen when this hole sht started, country's close border's people from China! If this new variant can dodge the vaccine protection hole thing start again from beginning! Hopely not!

Weekly WHO Thailand update from 25th Nov

Vaccination coverage in Thailand is increasing with RTG targets of 80% first dose and 70% second dose having been reached at national level. However, vaccination coverage is still too low in some vulnerable groups, and there are significant differences in vaccination rates across all of Thailand’s seventy-seven provinces.

• These gaps in vaccination are important, because they allow pockets of transmission to continue at a local level. The lesson from Europe should inform us that unless we remain vigilant, the confluence of localised low vaccination rates, poor adherence with protective measures and the travel and mass gatherings we will likely to see in the next 4-6 weeks can be a recipe for a rebound in COVID-19.

• It is therefore essential that as Thailand continues to re-open, we all do everything we can, all of the time, to protect ourselves and families. COVID-19 is not yet beaten in Thailand.

https://www.who.int/thailand/emergencies/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports

• Like 2

Not inspiring much confidence when he's not even got the correct number of people infected with the new variant Omicron right, its far more than 22!

Thailand ready to tackle new Covid-19 variant, says deputy PM

Deputy Prime Minister Supattanapong Punmeechaow said the government was monitoring the situation but is not too worried because so far only 22 people have been found infected by this variant.

However, he said, all public health measures, ranging from vaccination and medicines to medical equipment, are being prepared to deal with new infections.

Supattanapong also said Thailand could ask for the remaining batches of Covid-19 vaccines to be adjusted to fight the new variant.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40009334

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Rinse and repeat week after week as the numbers ever so slowly decline and then peak again before falling the next weekend.

Vicious cycle.  Let's pray that in 3 weeks we see the numbers decline and that the SA variant also known as Omicron stays away.

Very true.

This new variant which is now called " Omicron " seems to be a real beast.

It has 30 different mutations on the protein Spikes and over 50 other mutations within its structure.

The WHO and medical Professionals World Wide really need to get to grips with this thing, and quickly, or Delta could possibly look like a Head Cold.

• Like 1

Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna expect data on shot's protection against new COVID-19 variant soon

Summary

Looking for signs that warrant a vaccine redesign

BioNTech says it understands experts' concerns

BioNTech, Pfizer in effort to establish relaunch routine

Moderna also studying booster options for new variant

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/biontech-says-expect-more-data-new-variant-2-weeks-2021-11-26/

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Very true.

It has 30 different mutations on the protein Spikes and over 50 other mutations within its structure.

The WHO and medical Professionals World Wide really need to get to grips with this thing, and quickly, or Delta could possibly look like a Head Cold.

it is early on but so far the cases of omicon are deemed to be mild.  so that is good news so far.

https://www.businessinsider.com/omicron-coronavirus-variant-cases-mild-south-africa-2021-11

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

Very true.

Yes the vaccine evasion and less protection from previous infection is the main worry along of course with the potential for it to overtake easily the current transmissibility of Delta. 

A top UK health official warned that vaccines would "almost certainly" be less effective against the new variant. The WHO said the number of cases of this variant, initially named B.1.1.529, appeared to be increasing in almost all of South Africa's provinces. 

The fact that the case in Belgium was found from a traveller who had returned from Egypt and Turkey sort of tells you that its in many countries already.

Not much good to say about it at the moment, have to wait and see now.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

To prevent the spread of Omicron, the Thai health ministry announced the ban on arrivals from 8 countries including South Africa, Lesotho, Botswana, Eswatini, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia and Malawi. Starting December 1.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1464503582233792516

Thailand bans arrivals from 8 African countries as a precaution against new COVID-19 variant Omicron

The Thai government has imposed a total ban on arrivals from eight African countries, effective today (Saturday), and those who already have permission to enter the country will be subject to quarantine for 14 days from tomorrow.

The countries are Botswana, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe.

Additionally, nationals from these countries, where the new coronavirus variant known as Omicron has been found or who are at risk of spreading it, will not be allowed to apply to enter Thailand, effective today. 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-bans-arrivals-from-8-african-countries-as-a-precaution-against-new-covid-19-variant-omicron/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

From Mail one I recieved from a friend just now.

Indeed. 

Was just reading Oz news. Had bad feeling..

Western Australia state of Oz has just slammed shut entries from Sth Australia.

Also Northern territory has suspected case from Sth Africa.

The point is folk need to be aware that this "brave new world opening" could be very short lived.

I dislike the panic merchant type threads.

These reports along with what's happening in Europe and recent WHO report, would make me very nervous to plan international trips. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed. 

Was just reading Oz news. Had bad feeling..

Western Australia state of Oz has just slammed shut entries from Sth Australia.

Also Northern territory has suspected case from Sth Africa.

The point is folk need to be aware that this "brave new world opening" could be very short lived.

I dislike the panic merchant type threads.

These reports along with what's happening in Europe and recent WHO report, would make me very nervous to plan international trips. 

I am supposed to head to the US in just over a month. Praying for the best. My tickets are 100% refundable.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just read on BBC a suspected case in Germany also. Lets face it, its already in the wild

Best analogy I can think of is the Trojan Horse.

The horse representing opening of international borders. 

Is international travel going to end in tears for many.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am supposed to head to the US in just over a month. Praying for the best. My tickets are 100% refundable.

Yes aware of your plans family matter.

I was organizing trip back to Oz Feb to catch up with family.

Put that right onto the back burner.

My fear comes for my return to Thailand from Saigon 16/03/2020.

I only snuck back in. 

Lesson learnt...things can change in a blink.

33 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes aware of your plans family matter.

I was organizing trip back to Oz Feb to catch up with family.

Put that right onto the back burner.

My fear comes for my return to Thailand from Saigon 16/03/2020.

I only snuck back in. 

Lesson learnt...things can change in a blink.

Yes they can. The door to return to the US, at least for me, will not close, unless they shut out their own citizens  it's the return that might be dicey and may cost me two weeks of quarantine if it reverts back. If that happens I will have to head to Phuket and do a beach stint if that's still in play.  

Talk about a final nail in the high season coffin if that happens. Thailand will be utterly sunk at that point.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Talk about a final nail in the high season coffin if that happens. Thailand will be utterly sunk at that point

Been posting info re current travels. Have only spoken to several farang and of the few that recently arrived in Thailand with TP all returning to see wife etc.

On Samet the few younger farang that I spoke to were working here as teachers.

Tourists are not coming. Why would they. Many more easy options. Even for USA folk.

Mind you USA leading the TP numbers. 

• Like 2