Mandatory quarantine required again?

12 minutes ago, grego49 said:

Fingers crossed my son arrives 21st

I am sure Thailand will no stop all entries to the country. They might though scrap there plans for the antigen test for those using the test and go scheme.

I can see them tightening up on those entering without being fully vacinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Nothing related to that has been changed yet. I think everybody needs to wait for some more official info being announced instead of just speculation.

Agreed.  And until it's published in the Royal Gazette! LOL

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

But I do believe if you were fully vaccinated it was only a 7 day quarantine. Now seems to be changing to 14 days?

I just read another news story (source cannot be mentioned) that states that the sandbox scheme for those from other countries in Africa has been eliminated they have to to a 14 day quarantine and have 3 covid tests after arriving.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure Thailand will no stop all entries to the country. They might though scrap there plans for the antigen test for those using the test and go scheme.

I can see them tightening up on those entering without being fully vacinated.

I agree with that, I don't think that there will be a travel ban from most of the countries but possible more PCR tests and possible quarantines days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

They likely won't need to bring it back for all countries to keep it out - because it will be in already and once that happens, well - there's no need to quarantine because it's here already.

This makes no sense at all, just coz it's already in Thailand they'll do nothing to prevent more coming....don't think so.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jackdd said:

Click on the red "Urgent Announcement" button.

The Thai version says 14 day mandatory quarantine for people from other african countries (8 african countries are banned). Looks like they skipped this word in the English version.

But looking at this, it could of course happen that if in the next week the cases of the new varient in Europe should rise, that suddenly Test&Go will be scrapped for them as well. So good luck planning a trip to Thailand.

ALL African countries have been removed from drop down menu's except for the 2 week hotel option.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I just read another news story (source cannot be mentioned) that states that the sandbox scheme for those from other countries in Africa has been eliminated they have to to a 14 day quarantine and have 3 covid tests after arriving.

Correct, refer to TP website and check drop down menu's for test and go and sandbox, no african countried available to select.

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Correct, refer to TP website and check drop down menu's for test and go and sandbox, no african countried available to select.

There were no countries in Africa on the list for the test and go. There is no country list for the sandboxes.

6 minutes ago, doosyhindleg said:

As an Australian who has booked and been approved for test and go entering 14th December, are we now required to do 14 days quarantine instead of the 1 night test and go with

RT-PCR test? This is how I’m seeing it now…….

No

The 14 day quarantine is only for those that arrive from Africa.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

My point exactly, there was up till a couple of days ago.

The list for the test and go is the same 63 countries. See: https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/eligible_list_for_EQ_ENG_as_of_31_OCT-1.jpg

There was no list for the sandboxes. But I assume that will change. 

image.png.dd96ad0c670b9f72b14c40fddbc6320e.png

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The list for the test and go is the same 63 countries. See: https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/eligible_list_for_EQ_ENG_as_of_31_OCT-1.jpg

There was no list for the sandboxes. But I assume that will change. 

image.png.dd96ad0c670b9f72b14c40fddbc6320e.png

On the sandbox list there used to be african countries, now there is not.

39 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

On the sandbox list there used to be african countries, now there is not.

There was a list of countries for the sandbox long ago but that was changed.

See this infographic from October. https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/248512116_285856866874133_7928875840203102807_n.jpg

25 minutes ago, Morpheus42 said:

I read somewhere that it is for countries where "Omicron" is found, as well? So for example Belgium and Germany?

As of today that is not the case. Everything only mentions African countries.

• Like 1

Um, has anyone told these guys and other countries who are banning African nations that Omicron was 1st detected on 9 November, in other words, the cat is out of the bag, banning them is like putting a band aid on a massive injury, good luck with that, coming to a City near you, Omicron.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Um, has anyone told these guys and other countries who are banning African nations that Omicron was 1st detected on 9 November, in other words, the cat is out of the bag, banning them is like putting a band aid on a massive injury, good luck with that, coming to a City near you, Omicron.

They're just trying to slow the spread down to buy them some time to get prepared. Makes sense.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

The 14 day quarantine is only for those that arrive from Africa.

But I suspect that this will change very fast.

Personally I can survive the 14 day quarantine as long there is no total travel ban. (I have my TP QR from Amsterdam already for 12 December)