TM30 Questions

I arrived on a test-and-go on a new non-O visa (my previous re-entry expired during lockdown). I am staying in a condo in BKK that my g/f an I have leased for 5 years. The last time the TM30 question came up, the property agent for the owner completed my TM30 online but this time she says the online system is not in use and I must go myself into new immigration office close to Impact Muang Thoung Thani to register. She said she will provide the owner's details to allow me to do this.

1. Does any of what she said make sense, or is she just too lazy to do the TM30 registration for me? Since all the hotels use the online registration system, how could in not be in use now?

2. My recollection from the past is that the owner must do this registration not the tenant. Is it even possible for me to go into an immigration office to do this? If so, what documents do I need from the owner in order to accomplish this?

3. It has already been a week since my arrival, will they accept the late registration? What is the fine charged if the TM30 registration is not done?

4. I will be going in to get the one year extension of stay in about 8-10 weeks so I imagine that is when they will nail me on any fine. Is BKK enforcing this rule, as I seem to recall they were not a couple of years ago?

6 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

I thought they stopped this last year and it's only for change of address?

He entered on a new non-o visa. That requires a new TM30 report.

If entering with a re-entry permit or a multiple entry visa the report is not required.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules immigration act states the owner, housemaster or possessor must due the report. A tennent is a possessor.

Your girlfriend can do the report or you if your name is on the lease.

OK, thanks. What is the best way to do this registration and what documents do I need to provide to them to complete this?

Also, Since it has already been 10 days since my arrival, are they likely to fine me for being late and would this fine be the same if I just do it when I submit for my Extension of Stay in 8 weeks?

8 minutes ago, Canuck50 said:

OK, thanks. What is the best way to do this registration and what documents do I need to provide to them to complete this?

Also, Since it has already been 10 days since my arrival, are they likely to fine me for being late and would this fine be the same if I just do it when I submit for my Extension of Stay in 8 weeks?

You or your girlfriend could complete a TM30 report your info is entered on page 2 and attach copy of the lease to it. The may want a copy of the owners ID and house book attached to it,

Your arrival date at the condo could be backdated a day or so before the report is submitted to immigration to avoid a fine.

The report would be done at the Muang Thong Thani office.

6 minutes ago, Canuck50 said:

How much is the fine usually and would it be the same fine if I pay in in 8 weeks (with Extension of Stay) or pay it now?

It can normally be from 800 baht to 2000 baht. The maximum fine is 5000 baht. It is thesame no matter how long you are late.

Ubonjoe - I will be leaving Thailand in March, presently on an OA extension and will not return to my registered address.  I will probably return with a 90 day Non 0 visa. How do you close out my current TM30 or will that be necessary ? Also on arrival I may be in hotels for a week or two at first, so what do I do about TM30 then ? thanks

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It can normally be from 800 baht to 2000 baht. The maximum fine is 5000 baht. It is thesame no matter how long you are late.

Edited by CANSIAM

6 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Ubonjoe - I will be leaving Thailand in March, presently on an OA extension and will not return to my registered address.  I will probably return with a 90 day Non 0 visa. How do you close out my current TM30 or will that be necessary ? Also on arrival I may be in hotels for a week or two at first, so what do I do about TM30 then ?

The hotels should do TM30 reports for they could be fined.

No need for you do a report until you establish a residence where you will be staying long term. The owner then should be the one to do report. If do the rental agreement for one you should get the owner to complete one that you could take to immigration.

• Thanks 1

Online TM30 problems: my baby son entered Thailand for the first time with a 90 day non-O in October (he was born here and got a visa in the UK). I've just realised he needs a TM30 for the extension but the website is not accepting his entry, it keeps saying (in Thai) there is an error when I press save, but I can't figure out what. Any tips to get it to work? We are going to CW in 10 days for the annual extension of stay for which he will be my dependent.

As my husband and I arrived with re-entry permits on our existing extensions of stay I think it doesn't matter if we can't do a new online TM30, correct?

37 minutes ago, sussex said:

Online TM30 problems: my baby son entered Thailand for the first time with a 90 day non-O in October (he was born here and got a visa in the UK). I've just realised he needs a TM30 for the extension but the website is not accepting his entry, it keeps saying (in Thai) there is an error when I press save, but I can't figure out what. Any tips to get it to work? We are going to CW in 10 days for the annual extension of stay for which he will be my dependent.

As my husband and I arrived with re-entry permits on our existing extensions of stay I think it doesn't matter if we can't do a new online TM30, correct?

There have been reports of the online reporting site has problems with saving the the report.

It seems the app for doing them is working. You might want to try and installing it using your current login to use it.

Link for android app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38&hl=en

Apple here: https://apps.apple.com/th/app/section38/id1451853492

You and your husband do not need to do a TM30 report since you entered with a re-entry permit.

7 minutes ago, sussex said:

Thanks Ubon Joe, unfortunately I've never been able to get this app to work, it says it's not available in my country. Even though my Google account is now registered to Thailand. Frustrating!!

If you are using a VPN it will not work. You need to be using a Thai IP address.