Registered Trademarksregistered Trademarks Not Sure Where They Apply Too

I am considering using a name in a product which is already registered in the USA under a registered trademark. It is a common name, but not a big brand, I feel Asians will like it, however, in the USA it has the little R in a circle after the name. What I would like to know, is how to find the right legal advice as to whether this registered trademark covers the existing owner in Thailand and other Asean countries, and/or what risks are involved in the longterm. I would be interest to hear if it is possible to register such names in Thailand, Singapore and Hong Kong etc to allow me secure the name locally. Any advice is appreciated, I am willing to use professional services if ones can be recommended without breaking forum rules. :o

Good Luck

I hope you have a good legal department. Use of registered trademarks usually creates a flurry of letters from expensive lawyers, even if it is not registered in the same market. Many from the US assume that registration in their domain is the same a a world registration.

Take care.

Good Luck

I hope you have a good legal department. Use of registered trademarks usually creates a flurry of letters from expensive lawyers, even if it is not registered in the same market. Many from the US assume that registration in their domain is the same a a world registration.

Take care.

Charg_parp, Thx for reply. Looks like there are few with any idea on this subject. I know it is also a touchy subject with Yanks, however, I would like to use this common word. I do not see how they can be the owners of everything in the universe, so I guess I would like to know in advance how to search this properly with a legal firm, no recommendations comming forward so far, so, still no direction.