Renewing NetMarathon SIM without changing phone number

BudRight

On December 26th of last year I bought an AIS SIM with 100GB per month at 10MB for 1790 baht for a year's service. It's been great and I want to renew it.

I spoke to AIS however and they say that while they do now offer a six month version of that package (that would be okay for me), I would have to purchase a new SIM and change my phone number.  I would like to keep my existing phone number. Any ideas for a workaround for this? Maybe another carrier offers a similar package and I can change to that carrier with a package for a "new" SIM, while keeping my existing number? Then change back to AIS after six months or a year? I want to keep my phone number and package somehow as it has been really good.

Thanks in advance for helpful replies. 

Edited by BudRight

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Usually if you call AIS they will offer you 150 baht a month unlimited data 10mbps, say you're thinking of switching to another company, sometimes it helps, sometimes not necessary.

In the unlikely event of that failing, ask AIS for the code so you can port your number to another company, that usually triggers a call offering you a deal

Is there a special number to call or just the general  1175 Call Center number?

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Usually if you call AIS they will offer you 150 baht a month unlimited data 10mbps, say you're thinking of switching to another company, sometimes it helps, sometimes not necessary.

In the unlikely event of that failing, ask AIS for the code so you can port your number to another company, that usually triggers a call offering you a deal

Whom do you know who was offered such a deal? If such a deal exists, then why did you not apply? 25 baht per month more for Unlimited data not attractive to you?

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's a deal i already have, I've mentioned it a few times

Aaahhh...didn't notice. Especially when you wrote that you bought another Marathon SIM. 

Surprised that they offered 10 Mbps for 150 baht; when the offer for new customers is 200 baht. 4 Mbps is 150 baht. Do you have a confirmation SMS?

12 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Aaahhh...didn't notice. Especially when you wrote that you bought another Marathon SIM. 

Surprised that they offered 10 Mbps for 150 baht; when the offer for new customers is 200 baht. 4 Mbps is 150 baht. Do you have a confirmation SMS?

Maybe I'm special

Screenshot_2021-12-01-16-44-45-425_com.google.android.apps.messaging~2.jpg

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

Nice deal !!!  Is this only for postpaid(contract) customers?  Or is this deal offered on prepaid sims as well?

The sim was previously prepaid for 1 year then just had a balance for a few months then switched to the prepay monthly deal

2 hours ago, touch said:

@Bruno123how does one get the SIM with 20 Mbps and unlimited free any network calls please?

Details are posted on a recent thread. Only available in 15 provinces. 300 baht per month. 59 baht per month extra if you want unlimited any network calls.

10 Mbps 200 baht with anytime calls is no longer available. It 200 baht for data and another 59 baht for the calls.

Too busy to find a link to the thread. But it's recent enough, so you should find it.

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

10 Mbps 200 baht with anytime calls is no longer available. It 200 baht for data and another 59 baht for the calls.

I paid 1,500bht on Lazada for AIS 1 year 10Mbps (100Gb) + free AIS calls + 60 minutes other network calls/month.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-ais-marathon-100gb-10mbps-3g-4g-1-muntookdee-i401936079-s780662582.html

Edited by BritManToo

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I paid 1,500bht on Lazada for AIS 1 year 10Mbps (100Gb) + free AIS calls + 60 minutes other network calls/month.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-ais-marathon-100gb-10mbps-3g-4g-1-muntookdee-i401936079-s780662582.html

Not quite the same as unlimited 10 Mbps and unlimited any network calls; though it's like adequate for light users.

A single Full HD movie per day can use up the whole allowance; 100GB really only for relatively light users these days.

• Like 1