Thailand backs WHO initiative for international instrument on pandemic response

webfact

Anutin-chan.jpg

(File) Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul

Thai Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has expressed full support for the development of a legally binding international instrument, which is a combination of a treaty and other international texts serving as legal sources on pandemic preparedness and response, because it will strengthen the capabilities of the global community and individual countries to respond to a pandemic.

He said that the COVID-19 pandemic demonstrates the need for a complete change in our thinking to survive and a WHO convention, agreement or international instrument on pandemic preparedness and response will help with that.

Anutin is in Geneva, Switzerland, attending a special session of World Health Assembly (WHA), scheduled from Monday through Wednesday, to consider the benefits of developing of a convention, agreement or international instrument.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-backs-who-initiative-for-international-instrument-on-pandemic-response/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, webfact said:

He said that the COVID-19 pandemic demonstrates the need for a complete change in our thinking to survive and a WHO convention, agreement or international instrument on pandemic preparedness and response will help with that.

....agreement or international MONETARY instrument.....

Their, I fixed what he meant to say.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fangless said:

It does not seem to matter what the vacination rates or hospital admission rates etc are, the Governments still find excuses to impose their nonsensical (read draconian) rules and regs!

Conspiracy theory.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fangless said:

And let Governments hide behind it with even more dracanionian measures!

Which will let some Governments hide behind while they impose blanket draconian restrictions whether applicable to their situation or not!

28 minutes ago, fangless said:

It does not seem to matter what the vacination rates or hospital admission rates etc are, the Governments still find excuses to impose their nonsensical (read draconian) rules and regs!

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

For which the model will be China.

29 minutes ago, fangless said:

These are clearly very sensible comments. Which is why when the covid threat eases, governments don't ease the rules and regulations governing social measures to contain the pandemic...oh wait a minute...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

As cases rise, restrictions are imposed. As cases ease, restrictions are relaxed

Not in all of Thailand-just the "selected" areas!!

Edited by fangless
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Then why do we have another topic in the Thailand News forum with a headline about Pfizer starting work on an Omicron vaccine. That would certainly imply that their existing vaccine isn't up to snuff.

We just don't know yet. Good on them for being proactive. Just like they did for Delta, and itwasn't needed.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sungod said:

But weren't you the one complaining about open air bars not being allowed to open whilst there were many on the beach in Pattaya for the fireworks?

You seemed to be implying that was nonsensical.

Fair point. So you think you can do a better job?  I'd not want to try. Very difficult times. Once in a lifetime pandemic. Hopefully!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Why must these threads always start with a photograph of a VIP karaoke performance?

Because they have to be seen and heard singing their own praises!!

(because no one else will)

• Haha 1

Politicians junket..! what a waste of Thai money, Anutin isn't a very smart person as he has shown in the past and shouldn't be in any position of power.What he went to was just a huge public money Rip Off that will do nothing to help any situation,trust me those politician's know how to make the most of a situation,in this case a big,fat holiday at the publics expense.   

12 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It is a Pandemic, (world wide) and it requires a coordinated  world wide reaction. otherwise we will be playing whack-a-mole with it for a long while. 

Kinda like in the US where each state has different requirements. Ridiculous.

16 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

So far, the current vaccines are effective against all variants. I've not seen anyone recommending jabs every 3 months.

Well yes, but the UK has brought the time interval between 2nd and booster down to 3 months, but presumably to get the numbers up faster. 

Source.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Absolute nonsense. Nation states should decide how they wish to respond, not the "global community" led by corrupt organizations like the WHO and their clueless leaders.

I saw the unelected leader of the EU, Von Der Leyen is now calling for medical fascism in the form of mandatory vaccination for EU citizens. Another bullet dodged. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Absolute nonsense. Nation states should decide how they wish to respond, not the "global community" led by corrupt organizations like the WHO and their clueless leaders.

I saw the unelected leader of the EU, Von Der Leyen is now calling for medical fascism in the form of mandatory vaccination for EU citizens. Another bullet dodged. 

Mandatory vaccinations are desperately needed.  Sadly, many aren't smart enough to make informed decisions.  Relying on social media and fake news for their "research".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Mandatory vaccinations are desperately needed.  Sadly, many aren't smart enough to make informed decisions.  Relying on social media and fake news for their "research".

100% disagree. Anyone with a shred of respect for bodily autonomy would respect the individuals choice about which chemicals go into their body. As Franklin said, those that give up liberty for safety deserve neither. Medical fascism is absolutely NOT the way to go, it's an extremely slippery path.

I'm double vaxxed by the way so you can forget about labeling me an anti vaxxer or Covid denier. But it was my choice. If someone else chooses not to have it that's their choice. Not mine, not yours and certainly not the unelected leader of a corrupt organization like the EU. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Nations do decide how they wish to respond. The UN has an expert advisory body which makes recommendations based on data and advice collected from around the world. It would be irresponsible and illogical for them not to do so. A global problem requires a global response and that global response requires global cooperation, hence the existence of the WHO.

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

100% disagree. Anyone with a shred of respect for bodily autonomy would respect the individuals choice about which chemicals go into their body. As Franklin said, those that give up liberty for safety deserve neither. Medical fascism is absolutely NOT the way to go, it's an extremely slippery path.

I'm double vaxxed by the way so you can forget about labeling me an anti vaxxer or Covid denier. But it was my choice. If someone else chooses not to have it that's their choice. Not mine, not yours and certainly not the unelected leader of a corrupt organization like the EU. 

100% disagree.  I want this pandemic over.  Sadly, the unvaccinated are allowing it to continue, and mutate.  Possibly into something even more deadly.

I've got rights also.  The right to live my life and not be infected by others who refuse the vaccine for ridiculous reasons.  And the right to try and get life back to normal.

This isn't medical fascism.  Far from it.  And definitely not a slippery path. 

Congrats for being vaxxed!

• Thanks 1