Omicron may become dominant variant with its high transmissibility – Dr. Yong Poovorawan

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, karl said:

Misleading article. Based on very limited information. And as we know, hospitalisations and deaths lag initial infection by a few weeks.

Misinformation at it's worst.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Fortunately, vaccines offer great protection against infection, at least, up to now. 

Your right, if Omicron only gives a mild symptom only with no death  and gets rid of Delta what need would we have for vaccines? Just live with it!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Despite what this Mr Yong Poovypoo and all the other glory seekers say, this pandemic is making all the rich doctors, pharmacists, insurance companies etc, etc, etc, even more rich?

All the lockdowns, border closures, loss of livelihoods etc, will not affect them and all their money.

Politicians all over the world will be enjoying their powertrips.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

the story i read on yahoo. didnt mention vacced or not vacced it just said over sixty

Well getting ones news from Yahoo is likely to be fraught with inaccuracies - like The Daily Mail...well, maybe not quite that bad but you know what i mean!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VenturaAce said:

Actually, locking down international borders immediately, is the smart thing to do. Its exactly what should have happened at the beginning after the discovery in Wuhan. Better to wait a couple of weeks to do the tests and find out how dangerous it is before letting your population be exposed to it. Hopefully Omicron is mild and not dangerous then we can continue with opening up properly. No need to wait for people to start dying before we then try to stop it, which was the first and unsuccessful method. 

That is also true. The pendulum of reaction seems to swing wildly between extremes. Perhaps one day a happy medium will be found.

44 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Your right, if Omicron only gives a mild symptom only with no death  and gets rid of Delta what need would we have for vaccines? Just live with it!

I'm guessing you've forgotten what the vaccines actually do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Some news reports state that Omicron cases in South Africa are mild.

Some news reports state that hospitals in South Africa are filling up with Omicron patients.

so, what’s the real story?

I suggest "Consider the source". Ignore MSM and search for the real scientific sources - takes more effort than just clicking on a news headline but worthwhile, IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Also be careful if you just happened to have maintained sufficient good health to have attained the age of 60 as the human immune system naturally declines significantly after this age. Anyone over the age of 60, regardless of their health status is vulnerable to severe illness or death from covid-19.

Well Life is a fatal disease! Live long and prosper. ????

6 minutes ago, VBF said:

I suggest "Consider the source". Ignore MSM and search for the real scientific sources - takes more effort than just clicking on a news headline but worthwhile, IMO. 

Many credible MSM articles have links to these scientific sources. They're just reporting on them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Many credible MSM articles have links to these scientific sources. They're just reporting on them.

Yes, i get that, but equally many articles on MSM are simply quotes or MIS-quotes. More to the point, i was suggesting that people actually follow these links (and do some searching) rather than accepting MSM articles at face value. That's what i meant by "......takes more effort than just clicking on a news headline..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, VBF said:

Yes, i get that, but equally many articles on MSM are simply quotes or MIS-quotes. More to the point, i was suggesting that people actually follow these links (and do some searching) rather than accepting MSM articles at face value. That's what i meant by "......takes more effort than just clicking on a news headline..."

Understand! A lot here post links based on the headline only. Never reading the entire article, which sometimes contradicts the headline!  LOL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Do you think €20 a shot expensive for a potentially life saving vaccination  that also enables economies to start opening is expensive? The speed of development and production of the vaccine was also astounding and AZ supplied at cost. Pharma spends billions in research often with no return so recuperation of costs on successful ones is the justified business model . When here we were struggling to get vaccinated I would gladly have forked out £500 if offered.

Covid is now a multi-trillion dollar business. You think mega-corps like Pfizer are in this because they are such charitable benefactors, and are prepared to lose money?

I have a nice bridge available for that £500, if you're interested?

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed

6 hours ago, laislica said:

What's new?

It's said to have mild symptoms.

Therefore, why not let it spread. Then we will have natural immunity at low risk?

That would increase chances for new variants, fill up hospitals. Natural immunity is not as strong as mRNA vaccine-acquired immunity, does not last as long, either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Despite what this Mr Yong Poovypoo and all the other glory seekers say, this pandemic is making all the rich doctors, pharmacists, insurance companies etc, etc, etc, even more rich?

All the lockdowns, border closures, loss of livelihoods etc, will not affect them and all their money.

Politicians all over the world will be enjoying their powertrips.

its becoming clear that someone is making money on this pandemic.  the stock market is involved in this .  who pays?  the little guy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Sanookmike said:

But do we lockdown and impose restrictions yearly for the flu? 

Covid death rates are already at the same levels as flu thanks to vaccines, shouldnt we be living with it like flu now?

Statistically your at more risk jumping on a motorbike taxi ???? 

How long are we going to keep going in circles... Just like flu this will never disappear its here forever. 

Wrong. The flu didn't kill a million people. We keep going in circles because it's a pandemic. The flu is not a pandemic. 

11 hours ago, phukettrader said:

Good. So far this Omicron variant has been shown to be very mild with little or no symptoms and nobody is getting seriously ill or dying. Now please let us get back to normal and leave us alone.

Jeesh. How mild this is has yet to be established. If it spreads easily more people will be hospitalized. Get vaccinated and we'll leave you alone. 

11 hours ago, laislica said:

What's new?

It's said to have mild symptoms.

Therefore, why not let it spread. Then we will have natural immunity at low risk?

Thank you Dr. for that valuable input. 

10 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

So it spreads fast but is weaker. I see that as a win.

More like a fortunate trade-off than a win. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The far right conspiracy sites get ecstatic because they make hay. Boring times kill extremist sites, their business model is anything which the MSM reject.

do you know of any websites or you tube vlogs that speak about whos making money on corona this is starting to get ridiculous.  i got triggered when a new variant popped up and the stock market dropped 1000 points in minutes. that tells you money is tobe made

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What would you expect? If we have a pandemic the medical stocks will obviously rise. Is there a conspiracy here somewhere to pump their stock price?

at least thailand isnt haveing a knee jerk reaction which is good.  i think all variants should have a chinese name to them..........calling one delta didnt help delta airlines stock price one bit

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, VBF said:

That's the trouble with Yahoo and its ilk...they "publish and be dammed" first and research later......maybe!

Always better to seek out the source rather than believe what is regurgitated for the masses.

On this occasion it was WHO themselves who have changed their own statement and lead to the confusion.

This was the original on the 30th Nov at 19.17

image.png.94077ee2da8c18ab83724f57e87a1566.png

https://web.archive.org/web/20211130191746/https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/who-advice-for-international-traffic-in-relation-to-the-sars-cov-2-omicron-variant

This is the updated with the edit notification at the bottom.

image.png.62ae9760d5550dc083549253b6216c67.png

https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/who-advice-for-international-traffic-in-relation-to-the-sars-cov-2-omicron-variant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes and there are new flu vaccines yearly too.

This year for the first time I got a flu shot as I was boosting my rabies shot.

Hardly ever had flu, never took the shot cos it didn't seem worthwhile. But this year they're expecting something a bit worse with flu, because the strain's developed but there's less resistance around because the mask wearing and distancing and lockdowns mean practically no-one has had the flu for 2 years. At my age I thought OK, I'm here anyway, so I took one left and one right.

I've got an appointment for a Covid booster in mid December five months after my second jab. And if I have to get another in a few months to tackle Omicron, then so be it. So what?

• Like 2