Omicron may become dominant variant with its high transmissibility – Dr. Yong Poovorawan

snoop1130

43 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

time to jump on board the corona train.  im buying moderna stock,,,,,,,more corona .  more money in my pocket. this is a money maker

Sorry but you sound like someone that missed the train the first place, and now complains about other people making money.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

If this becomes dominant and is just like a cold or a bad cold is there a need for new vaccines and boosters or is this just a money making exercise? 

If the new virus doesn’t cause symptoms in the unvaccinated, sure. But that is not likely.

41 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Basically your on to it, the double  vaccinated can spread it, to the double vaccinated, the unvaccinated can do this also, but according to the Lancet double vaccinated spread it more, than unvaccinated, so what is happening? is the vaccine causing mutations? that is what we are waiting to here from this new report coming out  on Micro O little O soon from SA.

There has been some very legitimate and studious scientific research that has suggested that in some vaccinated instances, the protein spikes will begin to resist the newly introduce antibody properties and in some cases creating a lessened mutated form. These types of random scientific oddities are never made public in the broader sense, as it contradicts their ever-promoting proposals to "conquer" Covid and related. 

What science does know, is that Covid and it's ever changing offspring is extremely clever regarding it's mechanisms for survival. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

A post with disallowed social media content for a news-health thread has been removed.

See the pertinent forum rule:

Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

4 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

do you know of any websites or you tube vlogs that speak about whos making money on corona this is starting to get ridiculous.  i got triggered when a new variant popped up and the stock market dropped 1000 points in minutes. that tells you money is tobe made

Same with plane crashes, assassination of world leaders, and other unexpected events. You think those are driven by conspiracies? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If the new virus doesn’t cause symptoms in the unvaccinated, sure. But that is not likely.

It causes symptoms in the vaccinated. Mild cold like symtoms + aches and tiredness from what I've seen so far. If this is the same for the unvaccinated then things are looking good if it can push out Delta and not mutate into something worse.

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

It causes symptoms in the vaccinated. Mild cold like symtoms + aches and tiredness from what I've seen so far. If this is the same for the unvaccinated then things are looking good if it can push out Delta and not mutate into something worse.

I am interested in reading this crucial data but so far have not seen anything definitive as yet. Do you have any links to share?

• Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

I am interested in reading this crucial data but so far have not seen anything definitive as yet. Do you have any links to share?

It's too early. There is nothing definitive but from what I have seen there has so far been no hospitalisations. This has to play out a bit more yet.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 4:22 AM, lavezzi said:

wait, normal flu has new variants every year.

We are getting vaccinated with 2 doses and boosters too.

New variants will pop every 6/12 months.

Covid already has high transmissibility and now the new varaint has high transmissibility? 

What's new?

While we should warn and keep pressure on unvaccinated to get it we also should stop terrorizing the world.

I feel that simple concise posts like this get lost in the chatter.

A personal opinion - I feel that you are right.  This could be the biggest nothing burger in history and am hopeful that this is the end of the pandemic.  I am no doctor, only barfing out an opinion that could very well be wrong. 

To be honest, I have absolutely zero sympathy to someone who can get a vaccine and choose not to get it.  I don't wish death upon them, but let me be clear, bad choice means bad outcome sometimes.  

I've had three covid shots and my genitals have not fallen off yet.  ????  Not that it would really matter at this point to anyone if they did.  ;(  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

It's too early. There is nothing definitive but from what I have seen there has so far been no hospitalisations. This has to play out a bit more yet.

WE will know very very shortly.  ????  IF people were falling over like flies you would know about it immediately.  From my limited knowledge of pandemics they usually become less virulent as time goes on.  Again, just to be clear, I am not a doctor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blumpie said:

WE will know very very shortly.  ????  IF people were falling over like flies you would know about it immediately.  From my limited knowledge of pandemics they usually become less virulent as time goes on.  Again, just to be clear, I am not a doctor.

You don’t need to be a doctor, but you have spoken more sense in the past 2 posts than most of the hysterical nonsense read on this forum so far. 

2 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

I feel that simple concise posts like this get lost in the chatter.

A personal opinion - I feel that you are right.  This could be the biggest nothing burger in history and am hopeful that this is the end of the pandemic.  I am no doctor, only barfing out an opinion that could very well be wrong. 

To be honest, I have absolutely zero sympathy to someone who can get a vaccine and choose not to get it.  I don't wish death upon them, but let me be clear, bad choice means bad outcome sometimes.  

I've had three covid shots and my genitals have not fallen off yet.  ????  Not that it would really matter at this point to anyone if they did.  ;(  

The point is that the researchers do have a clue from the structure of the virus about what it might do on paper. They obviously need to see what it does in the real world but so far the real world rates of infection have supported what they think is likely to be the case. If the research led you to believe that it was going to be way more contagious isn't the really, really responsible thing to do is to say so?

On your last point I feel the same way.

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Seems like it causes more reinfections.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-who-deploying-surge-team-to-south-africa-as-reinfections-rise-amid-omicron-outbreak-12484423 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Somebody is filling up hospitals in South Africa, and I am sure it's not with mild cold like symptoms. 

Maybe Delta still doing this? If you have a link that shows Omicron is the cause please share it with us. Omicron is now dominant in SA but let's hope it's not the cause of hospitalisations.

Edited by dinsdale

India reported its first two cases of the Omicron coronavirus variant on Thursday but the government said it had no immediate plan to authorise booster vaccine shots despite demands from lawmakers in parliament.

The health ministry said two male patients with the new COVID-19 variant, aged 66 and 46 years, were showing mild symptoms

https://www.reuters.com/world/india/india-says-it-detects-two-cases-omicron-variant-2021-12-02/

23 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The knee jerking and hysterics are unreal considering there is yet no data to support the effectiveness or otherwise of the current vaccines. 

The UK are not helping. One minute they are panicking, bringing back compulsory mask wearing and PCR testing for arrivals saying they are not sure the current vaccines are good enough, then the next announcing everyone has to get the same booster and rolling it out to all adults by end Jan.  

The UK has brought back mask wearing in shops and public transport, in what world can that be called panicking? Sensible approach as is the reintroduction of PCR test on arrival. Funny how you are  fine with it for Thailand but for the UK it’s called panicking. 

• Like 1