PM confirms no Thailand’s border closure yet, dashes hope for early revival of nightlife

snoop1130

11 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Yes.Their daughters are out selling themselves on the streets in huge numbers just so their families can survive. Im sure that justifies any delay in getting back to normal....for some!!!!!

Guess I need to get out at night more! 

Been going on forever...and not only Thailand. ????

No Thailand’s border closure yet

The borders may be slightly more open, but hardly easy and certainly not at all welcoming, with nothing to offer, once jumping thru flaming hoops getting here. This Covidiocy is neverending. This place will ???? ???? and overreact AGAIN, close the borders AGAIN and unnecessarily keep it closed/lock it down internally AGAIN. ????

• Haha 1

Ok I am confused

Hotels and restaurants/look like bars can stay open and serve booze until 11.

On NYE they will stop serving booze at 11 does that mean they have to close at 11 also

What abouot all these hotels that have big galas

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha today (Thursday) made clear that his government has no plan to close Thailand’s borders again,

Only to certain African countries... but not for the chosen European ones.

13 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Yes.Their daughters are out selling themselves on the streets in huge numbers just so their families can survive. Im sure that justifies any delay in getting back to normal....for some!!!!!

That's geography... it's moved from the bars, to the streets or online.

The girls will survive, but some business owners will struggle, they have to re-model or go bankrupt.

• Like 2

He is afraid toursts will delete their holidays in thailand.THats why he said his not afraid the new omicronvirus that really spreding around the world.Im not usrprised at they say its no omicron there and tell people thailand is safe.Its to late i guess.What will they do when they detect the first case(not say it)because tourism is important.Who can trust their story...well not me or my gf in korat.

15 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well, apart from the livelihoods of a rather large number of people.

"Large" is subjective and exaggerated by the bar flies on this forum, after all it is all they can see.

The bigger picture is out of sight.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, JackGats said:

Which is better, Pattaya 80% dead like it is right now, or Pattaya 200% full like pre-covid in high season? I remember in high season going down for lunch at Central food court at half past eleven in order to be able to get a seat. I nearly had a fight with Indian guys once as they were blocking the last available seats for one of theirs. As for dinner, it was difficult to be welcome in popular eateries later than 5pm. Also, remember the nighttime noise until the small hours + the air pollution.

I recall getting turned down 3 times in a row at Patpong's King Castle (1 and 2) by girls who didn't want my money. It was Christmas time and they probably had even bigger (Asian) payers lined-up.

All was not well pre-covid either.

Regarding your quite accurate Central Festival pre-covid comments, tell them to poster Leaver, who recently scoffed at a comment I made on a different thread that Festival was busy pre-covid. Replying, he made the ridiculous statement that, and I quote, '...there was very little pedestrian traffic in Central, pre-covid'.   According to him, you should have easily gotten a table at any time of the day because he remembers people only at the 'banks', 'telcoms', and using the mall as a 'shortcut to Beach Road'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Pattaya is paying for its past sins

I think the days of the  old farangs coming on holiday chasing the young Thai girls especially in  the bar  scene is on its way out 

Pattaya now  trying to change its image  to attract family's ⛱ 

Beaches  Temples restaurants

Thailand  especially Pattaya has a lot more to offer than bars 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Beautiful girls aren't cheap.

Even the fat ones.

No, they have figures to watch!

Somebody has to keep Mcdonalds going.

Edited by Scouse123

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Nobody, it seems to me, and I am around the villages daily, is suffering from malnutrition! This isn't poverty like can be seen in the Philippines, Cambodia, or Africa, in MANY cases, it's mismanagement of funds.

And maybe an ignorance of contraception.....

• Thanks 1