PM confirms no Thailand’s border closure yet, dashes hope for early revival of nightlife

snoop1130

On 12/2/2021 at 6:27 PM, overherebc said:

So you don't/didn't come to Thailand for the beaches, scenery, food and Bhuddist culture.

Filthy water .... dirty beaches .....bring your children to the new Pattaya ....but don't let them swim in the sea ... oh sorry ... not dirty water anymore cos no one is actually going there .... no <deleted>....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, overherebc said:

So you don't/didn't come to Thailand for the beaches, scenery, food and Bhuddist culture.

Try thinking that perhaps the idea of pattaya as a destination for sexpats is something that the majority of Thais don't like or want. Maybe you believe that pattaya needs/wants to be known as a big brothel. 

To be honest I don't know how it will all end ref' pattaya night life, my feeling is the idea that it will change.

If that happens what will be your destination of choice? It will, I think be somewhere that you can find the hedonistic lifestyle you seem to want.

Ironic isn’t it that it’s the Thais that use these services and drinking establishments much more than mongers you see in ripoff joints.  Sins as you seem to imply are big business and support many as spending and buying increases for all.  Use Las Vegas as an example.  Has it all for entertainment and was the  fastest growing city in the USA.  Pattaya is now a waste land.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

As so often appears to be the case, this seems to have become an either or debate. I haven't been to Pattaya for decades but isn't there room for both kinds of tourist, those who come to experience Thailand's cultural differences from their homeland and those who will happily prop up the bar scene? Neither one needs to be exclusive. There are plenty of cities around the world that manage to accomodate both, Amsterdam, Hamburg for example.
 Furthermore we seem to be assuming that every visitor will fall into one camp or the other but I know from my own experiences many years ago that I thoroughly enjoyed both.

Well said!

I love "pay for play" and I also love travelling around on the Thai railway visiting out of the way places.

Why, i have even managed to combine the 2 taking a Pattaya lady to Loei and later to a beach trip in Phuket.

So, whichever camp some rather small-minded, self-centred "individuals" would wish to put me in.....no thanks...I'd never want to belong to any club that would have me - apologies to Groucho Marx. ????

6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

One of two things will happen, 

1/ Omicron will turn out to be a savior, that only causes headaches, and saw throat and tiredness for a few days and everyone will develop herd immunity as it looks likely to take over Delta and be more contagious , but makes you only a little sick. Then Prayut will be hailed a hero.

2/ It turns out to make people very sick and causes havoc.

The answers are not available at this time the medical Jury is working that out now and we wont know for about another 2 weeks.

I'm hoping for no 1. 

Yup...that's as close as we can get as of today, December 3rd.

It's not that different from UK re-introducing restrictions until we know how bad Omicron is.

If i was in charge, i have no idea whether I'd be cautious or not - it's a tough call.

World-wide, the powers that be are "dammed if they do and dammed if they don't."

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'd rather have it on my own ....... and not have to pay for her dinner and drinks.

Back to the OP, and my predictions .........

I see border closures and lockdowns in the near future.

when your dead lockdowns  are effective, if your vaccinated dead or maybe the opposite, but you can not die from covid 1/2 or omicron , little O until further  notice

4 hours ago, aussienam said:

The whole script regarding the poor village girl being forced to prostitute themselves so their families can survive is well and truly gullible tripe.  Absolute BS.

Many come as it is a lucrative, easy way to make a lot of money.  Millions of others don't prostitute themselves, they work in regular jobs and help families, along with their siblings.  It's  a choice.  

I have spoken to and observed plenty of the girls over the years. 

Cashed up foreigners pay way over what they're worth for a basic biological act.  Not complaining about that, but the fact is what is charged is ridiculous IMO - comparable to a week or two grocery shopping, month's electricity bill etc.  

The girls all want a few sponsors and gigs on the side for passive income from dumb gullible foreigners who they tell they love and get wired money each month (the stupidity is off the Richter scale for these guys). 

Or the girls want the 'big fish' - for a wealthy foreigner to marry them and support them for life. Less leg spreading and more lazy living. 

Plenty of prostitute women are extremely lazy, greedy and spend a lot of that money as well on themselves with luxury items.  They learn to lie and deceive.  I have seen and heard it all.

And the internet is awash with thousands and thousands of stories of these vixens fleecing money off foreign men.  

Yes, most have a baby by a previous Thai man who has separated with them (the women will always pull the victim card).   

But you can want to believe the BS pity stories from the girls of being forced to come to Pattaya etc to become a prostitute.  It may fit into many guys' 'white knight', 'woke', 'blue pilled', virtue signaling 'save the poor princess' fantasy mindset narrative.   

With you on most of that! 

There are actually some very nice ladies working "the scene" in various parts of Thailand but at the end of the day, they are working and use whatever natural charms at their disposal to get what they want / need.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussienam said:

The whole script regarding the poor village girl being forced to prostitute themselves so their families can survive is well and truly gullible tripe.  Absolute BS.

Many come as it is a lucrative, easy way to make a lot of money.  Millions of others don't prostitute themselves, they work in regular jobs and help families, along with their siblings.  It's  a choice.  

I have spoken to and observed plenty of the girls over the years. 

Cashed up foreigners pay way over what they're worth for a basic biological act.  Not complaining about that, but the fact is what is charged is ridiculous IMO - comparable to a week or two grocery shopping, month's electricity bill etc.  

The girls all want a few sponsors and gigs on the side for passive income from dumb gullible foreigners who they tell they love and get wired money each month (the stupidity is off the Richter scale for these guys). 

Or the girls want the 'big fish' - for a wealthy foreigner to marry them and support them for life. Less leg spreading and more lazy living. 

Plenty of prostitute women are extremely lazy, greedy and spend a lot of that money as well on themselves with luxury items.  They learn to lie and deceive.  I have seen and heard it all.

And the internet is awash with thousands and thousands of stories of these vixens fleecing money off foreign men.  

Yes, most have a baby by a previous Thai man who has separated with them (the women will always pull the victim card).   

But you can want to believe the BS pity stories from the girls of being forced to come to Pattaya etc to become a prostitute.  It may fit into many guys' 'white knight', 'woke', 'blue pilled', virtue signaling 'save the poor princess' fantasy mindset narrative. 

That tells how it is.

I would like to know how many of the guys who send money to a hooker in Thailand every month would do the same for a hooker in UK, USA or EU. If they wouldn't do it could they explain why.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

The Usual conservatives talking nonsense.

Pattaya is great city.

Not all of us enjoy going to temples and banging fat women.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:41 PM, Tarteso said:

Lady Bars? ????

Each to there own I don’t enjoy going to temples or banging fat women… we all need to stay safe and see what the Junta  is going to do mext

9 hours ago, david555 said:

"PM confirms no Thailand’s border closure yet, dashes hope for early revival of nightlife"

That word ....".YET"..... in the line say it all ..... means it is crossing  their minds.......????

(hurry up Will B catch a plane  or missing the U.K. Christmas pudding ???? )

I'm back!!!

Sat in sunny Londinium......????

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I'm back!!!

Sat in sunny Londinium......????

And did you bring some nice Christmas music for your opposite Thai music bar neighbor  in the boonies ????

I enjoyed my once in awhile foray to the big city, Pataya. Some good eateries, the blind masseurs were great, and people watching has been a hobby for many years over much of the globe. Don't get down there too often now, though. My wife keeps me on short rein since my stroke and  the advent of Cov Sars ll. ????

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

That tells how it is.

I would like to know how many of the guys who send money to a hooker in Thailand every month would do the same for a hooker in UK, USA or EU. If they wouldn't do it could they explain why.

Because she lub me number one and now only work cashier!

16 hours ago, VBF said:

With you on most of that! 

There are actually some very nice ladies working "the scene" in various parts of Thailand but at the end of the day, they are working and use whatever natural charms at their disposal to get what they want / need.

One I was involved with was sending money to pay for the building of daddys new house and pay for daddys new pickup, that was when I was naïve and I set her up in Bussiness with a massge parlor which turned into a brothel, and daddy was always demanding more money, I left that one fortunately, it was a lesson in life that I never repeated, but your right , I new a old American who ran a bar in Pattaya, he had 20 girls working for him and the best one he said gave him money to lock away, when she got enough she bought another house, he said she had 40 guys sending her money at one time.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 8:49 PM, overherebc said:

Well, to be honest I've never been turned down once never mind 3 times in the one bar in the one night.

Me neither, but I stopped approaching women shortly after I arrived in Thailand.

I found it better to let them approach me.

"Sorry, I don't take ladies home with me" seems to work very well as a pickup line.

Women are strange!

Edited by BritManToo

On 12/2/2021 at 5:32 AM, overherebc said:

So basically what you're saying is you can't get laid without being in pattaya and paying for it. Any concern for peoples jobs being lost hasn't really got anything to do with it.

Do not judge others lest they judge you. As long as every one involved is getting what they what........