I Tried Fresh Kratom Leaves

I've heard they make a tea out if and add soft drink to make it taste better. Some add cough syrup too as it's supposed to have some narcotic effect..

I've never fancied the stuff myself as it's supposed to have opiate effects at high doses which just isn't my thing.

Edited by Sanookmike
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Maybe I'll try an higher volume of Kratom and see if that works.. As for THC oil I obtained that from my local government hospital. How you can say it's illegal. I don't understand?

There are 2 main variants of cannabis - THC & CBD (In reality all cannabis plants contain both chemicals and around 64 others, but the THC strain is high in THC and low in CBD, and the CBD strain is high in CBD and low in THC).

The Thai medicinal programme is based on the CBD strain, not the THC strain which remains illegal here and there are no plans to legalise it.

I also have participated in the pre-retail hospital programme here in Thailand, and it's based exclusively on the CBD strain. The term "ganja" is applied equally to both in Thailand, which is perhaps where the confusion came from in the information you were given.

Here's the latest addition to the Pizza Company menu - the "ganja pizza". It won't get you high or provide the "crazy happy pizza" effect advertised.

ganja pizza.jpg

Edited by blackprince
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

is CBD oil proven to have health benefits? seems like a placebo to me, no fun without THC

There haven't been any clinical trials of CBD, but there's a huge amount of anecdotal evidence.

As always with anecdotal evidence some of it is plausible and some of it is suspect.

On the other hand, there is plenty of evidence that links THC to psychosis. But THC isn't the topic of the thread (and neither is CBD for that matter).

• Haha 1

Just now, blackprince said:

There haven't been any clinical trials of CBD, but there's a huge amount of anecdotal evidence.

As always with anecdotal evidence some of it is plausible and some of it is suspect.

On the other hand, there is plenty of evidence that links THC to psychosis. But THC isn't the topic of the thread (and neither is CBD for that matter).

yes that's true

5 hours ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

Chewed 2 leafs and it tasted like total ass.

Did have an energy spurt and also seemed to 

alleviate some back pain.

Maybe there is a reason it's been used for centuries. 

Quite. Chewing kratom leaves is not dissimilar to chewing coca leaves, according to the evidence.

High dosages of concentrated powdered kratom however are said to have more of an opiate effect, without the addiction.

2 hours ago, blackprince said:

You need a fairly high dose of Kratom if you're looking for a "high". A cup of tea of a few leaves produces a slightly higher alertness (not surprising I guess as it's in the caffeine family).

THC is illegal in Thailand and so is the THC variant of cannabis. THC will definitely give anyone a noticeable "high".

Maybe you tried the CBD variety of cannabis, which has been legalised in Thailand for medicinal purposes under strict licensing for production, but hasn't hit the retail shelves yet.

Several vids on You Tube showing cafes in Pattaya selling THC products, including oil, 5 grams for 1k baht. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Several vids on You Tube showing cafes in Pattaya selling THC products, including oil, 5 grams for 1k baht. 

I didn't say it wasn't sold, I said it wasn't legal.

I also said (twice) that all cannabis plants contain a mix of CBD and THC, and that the only legal variant in Thailand is the high CBD-low THC variant which will definitely not give a THC high.

Also I guess it's possible the Pattaya retailer may have been indulging in creative marketing, just as the Pizza Company are with their "ganja pizza" that I posted above.

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Maybe I'll try an higher volume of Kratom and see if that works.. As for THC oil I obtained that from my local government hospital. How you can say it's illegal. I don't understand?

You probably got CBD oil not THC oil I think. Which is legal.

And doesn't do anything for me or anyone I know, either. But some people swear by it.

56 minutes ago, blackprince said:

I didn't say it wasn't sold, I said it wasn't legal.

Well the government hospital that prescribed me is acting illegally then?

Monday 11th May 2019 marked the opening of Thailand’s first two full-time clinics dispensing cannabis oil for medical treatment. The step reflects the government’s intent to promote licensed use of marijuana products to relieve the symptoms of a range of ailments.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You probably got CBD oil not THC oil I think.

No I definitely got THC.

There are, however, several hospitals in Thailand that now prescribe medical cannabis as a treatment option. You can find a list of hospitals that prescribe medical cannabis by simply clicking HERE.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

They are selling CBD products and hemp leaves, nothing to do with THC marijuana that gets you high. A different species of cannabis plants.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to derail into THC from Kratom once more - here is what I found about GPO

I did read that GPO sells 1:1 THC CBD oil for terminal cancer patients through hospitals.

The photo above GPO THC 5 ml is just 0.5 mg/ml, so very very small amount THC

Yet THC:CBD(1:1) with THC @ 27 mg/ml is being made. https://cannabis.fda.moph.go.th/gpo/

Cannabis medicinal formula, Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), Pharmacopoeia : 

• Like 1