I Tried Fresh Kratom Leaves

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

No argument, you're simply wrong.

Am I?

Does Weed Not Affect Some People?

Every human being has cannabinoid receptors. For this reason, it is assumed that every person can experience at least some effect from cannabis.

If you’re not getting high, however, there may be a few operator- and physiological problems that prevent you from feeling the euphoric qualities of cannabis.

10 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Am I?

Yes, from an experienced stoner, as others have stated, there would be some effect.  If you've never known the effect, you would have no reference.  If crappy ganga, the effect would be minimal, and depending on one's expectations, may think 'what the hell was that, and where's the buzz'.  Thinking and expecting some mind blowing experience, and being extremely let down.  Only the very best, gives the hollywood version of being stoned portrayed in movies.  

But any scripted medicine would probably have the 'high inducing "THC" chemical' part of the ganga removed.  Not only for the sake of people not buying stronger legal drugs, but for the sake of a stoners operating a vehicle and suing the docs & pharma company if in an accident.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

If you've never known the effect, you would have no reference.

Have known the effects from eating 'space cake' in Amsterdam in years gone by. Hence why I wanted to repeat the experience again. Unfortunately this time around it didn't work. And just to repeat what I took, it was THC oil prescribed by my local government hospital doctor. So definitely no fakes there.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Have known the effects from eating 'space cake' in Amsterdam in years gone by. Hence why I wanted to repeat the experience again. Unfortunately this time around it didn't work. And just to repeat what I took, it was THC oil prescribed by my local government hospital doctor. So definitely no fakes there.  

If legal gov't provided, guessing the 'high' was removed or too low to matter, no matter what it is labelled as.

That you knew what to expect, and didn't get, sort of proves that.  Or expired as THC has a shelf life of 2 yrs, or so I read somewhere way back when.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Sorry to derail into THC from Kratom once more - here is what I found about GPO

I did read that GPO sells 1:1 THC CBD oil for terminal cancer patients through hospitals.

The photo above GPO THC 5 ml is just 0.5 mg/ml, so very very small amount THC

Yet THC:CBD(1:1) with THC @ 27 mg/ml is being made. https://cannabis.fda.moph.go.th/gpo/

Cannabis medicinal formula, Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), Pharmacopoeia : 

Since there are about 20 drops per ml the "GPO THC 5 ml (0.5 mg/drop" type would have 20×0.5=10 mg/ml or perhaps the same 13 mg/ml as the next one in this list.  So not just "0.5 mg/ml"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If legal gov't provided, guessing the 'high' was removed or too low to matter, no matter what it is labelled as.

If the 'high' part of the THC was removed then it surely can't be labeled as having THC in its content?   This thread is way off from the OP's original question so I'm outta  here. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I once bought kratom from a Dutch source when it was still legal in Europe. Black sticky paste. Gulped down the disgusting whole lot. Had to lie down all night. Surprisingly strong opiate trip, however marred by nausea. Opiates don't agree with me because of puking & constipation.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

You need to chew 15-20 to get the full effect

Also need a drink to wash down the chewed leaves, I quite like Oishi green tea. You do get used to the taste

if you are looking for the full drug effect it’s better to buy the ground down powder from shopee, very cheap, the one I get is 100g for 100 baht

1-2 spoons of that and you can feel why it was made illegal 

I'm willing to bite.  Gotta link.  Because I don't see how this could possibly have been made illegal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, blackprince said:

Ivor, I don't wish to start an argument, but there are 3 reasons why I'm certain you weren't given THC:

1. You would definitely have got "high".

2. It's not legal here.

3. Our farm was one of the first to be licensed to grow medicinal CBD - I know the medicinal cannabis industry here intimately

yes you seem to be a real expert !

but you clearly don't know that most legal THC here is too low, and yes, I said legal because written or not in the law it's available everywhere and can be bought without prescription. so if it's too low people don't get high.

And NO, CBD alone is almost never useful to treat most conditions, anybody who know intimately cannabis industry would know that.

7 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Its not THC oil (THC is illegal), its CBD oil from a hospital.

There is dope that gets you stoned (THC) and dope that has medicinal properties (CBD), they are two different things.

Nobody can be more than totally wrong as you.

26 minutes ago, thepdru said:

what a joke ! why do you even post anything !

Not the most coherent post so far.

I guess the fact that I live on an organic farm that happens to be one of the first to be licensed in Thailand to grow medicinal cannabis (the CBD variant)  might indicate that I'm somewhat more knowledgeable than the average poster here about the legal cannabis industry in Thailand.

As for "the worst of the worst sold in Thailand" (your post above to Ivor), I'm not a doper myself, but I seem to remember from my more youthful days that Thai stick had possibly the best reputation in the world.

Edited by blackprince
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, thepdru said:

yes you seem to be a real expert !

but you clearly don't know that most legal THC here is too low, and yes, I said legal because written or not in the law it's available everywhere and can be bought without prescription. so if it's too low people don't get high.

And NO, CBD alone is almost never useful to treat most conditions, anybody who know intimately cannabis industry would know that.

If you knew a little more about the cannabis industry here you'd know it's extremely rare to offer "CBD alone" as CBD and THC exist in different ratios in all relevant cannabis variants. And the process to extract oil or tincture which is the current process in the legal industry in Thailand does not separate specific chemicals out of the 60+ chemicals that constitute cannabis.

As for "pure" CBD, it has a high correlation with psychosis and is illegal in Thailand. If you truly believe you have anything remotely like THC, please take your stash to the police for analysis.

I bow to your knowledge of the illegal street trade though. It's never interested me personally.

Edited by blackprince

I tried chewing a few ( Up to 6 Leaves ) for a few days and tried the tea I made (Up to 8 Leaves per mug) for a few days

I must say both taste like Cr@p 

Tried with some sugar in the bad Tea  Both did do something I felt pretty good for some work for a couple Hrs Joint and Back pain was more tolerable. 

But not enough to keep using it Every day.   ????

9 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

You need to chew 15-20 to get the full effect

Also need a drink to wash down the chewed leaves, I quite like Oishi green tea. You do get used to the taste

if you are looking for the full drug effect it’s better to buy the ground down powder from shopee, very cheap, the one I get is 100g for 100 baht

1-2 spoons of that and you can feel why it was made illegal 

Historically, after the Thai government began to impose taxes on opium, people increasingly used kratom as a substitute for opium, resulting in income loss to the government

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955395921000955#:~:text=In 1943 Kratom was classified,of Kratom leaves were prohibited.

That was the reason why kratom was forbidden in Thailand, just simple ...money.

And again now lifting it, ... money.

Indonesia, a moslim country, they are growing and selling a lot. 

Edited by xtrnuno41
additional text

2 hours ago, blackprince said:

As for "the worst of the worst sold in Thailand" (your post above to Ivor), I'm not a doper myself, but I seem to remember from my more youthful days that Thai stick had possibly the best reputation in the world.

Thai stick appeared to contain small amounts of opium.

Even jungle brick is very strong (and really good) if you rub opium oil into the skin before you smoke it.

• Like 1

I used to get a 'tin' of Thai sticks sent to me back in the 70s.  Vaccum sealed, well, almost, and opened like a can of sardines, though much larger.  Some 'groovy' stuff man.

It wasn't the THC content that made the stix excellent.  That is and always will be mediocre, compared to Maui Waui, or new current bud harvests.

Edited by KhunLA

A few days ago I bought fresh leaves (with the red vines) on the market in Hua Hin. First chewed a few without any effects I think (alcohol was involved). Later I made some tea from approximately 30 crushed leaves in a pot and added sugar. I must say after the tea I felt a kind of rush you get from your first sigaret in the morning and also felt more alert (I won several times with a card game Skip Bo). But the effect did not take long (also alcohol involved). So my verdict: it is something to try but not get crazy about it. I prefer the tea not the raw leave chewing. 

• Like 2

To get back to OP and away from weed. : or will this be moved to farming and gardening? ; I have recently brought a grafted sapling from a garden centre (300b), as money can grow on trees, from all info i have gathered, 3-5 leaves to start, but preferably dried and make tea. area has been prepared with a bin full of fish heads covered in soil covered in grass cuttings, it will either keel over and die or shoot for the stars apparently they can grow up to 100 ft. the top two leaves and the new ones sprouting have been in 3 weeks.

IMG_20211204_081913.thumb.jpg.3267a801d41a643513a6d5004ab26050.jpg

• Like 1