Thai/German agreement as Thailand aims to become hub of railways in ASEAN

webfact

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Seems to me that China and Japan own the Thailand train concession. Don't see much room for the Germans.

Important connections with Germany have been established which could give them the edge....Wink wink nudge nudge say no more....????...555.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Both countries agreed to continue to work together to develop Thailand's rail system with Saksayam said this was important for the economy, society and the environment and in line with Thai government policy.

Xi's gonna be really pi##ed at this news.

Are the rail services even open in Thailand? The last reports I saw were that all interregional services were suspended. When I return I need to travel from Bangkok to Nong Khai, which used to be an overnight Pullman service. I have seen no reports whatsoever that these services have been reinstated. If there are no interregional serviced, how can there be international services and therefore why are they even considering a 'Hub'.

Germany will be the perfect partner for Thailand. I don't know if there's a country to find in Europe, where trains are generelly more out of schedule and the railway infrastructure is worse than Germany. The both countries will fit together well ????

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Has anybody kept count of the number of "hubs" this country wants to become? Has a single one become reality?

More to do with the dreamy ideals of a hubs, here and there. 

Theatre. 

Mai phen rai. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Has anybody kept count of the number of "hubs" this country wants to become? Has a single one become reality?

Its deeper rooted than just rethoric. They honestly believe they are the super race and so everything they do must be a hub . Better than anywhere else because they think thailand is better than anywhere else

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thailand's rail system with Saksayam said this was important for the economy, society and the environment and in line with Thai government policy.

if this is true why has the rail infrastructure and rolling stock been allowed to deteriorate into its  current shocking state

having said that starting from such a low benchmark improvement will not be difficult to achieve.

would be interesting to know if the rest of ASEAN is on board with the concept of thailand being the hub of the ASEAN railway infrastructure.

50 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Its deeper rooted than just rethoric. They honestly believe they are the super race and so everything they do must be a hub . Better than anywhere else because they think thailand is better than anywhere else

'Hubbiness, hubbiness, the greatest gift that I possess.'

Ken Dodd RIP.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, it is what it is said:

Thailand's rail system with Saksayam said this was important for the economy, society and the environment and in line with Thai government policy.

would be interesting to know if the rest of ASEAN is on board with the concept of thailand being the hub of the ASEAN railway infrastructure.

Laos has already left Thailand behind with a new Chinese railway. Seems likely that Laos cannot really afford it but China can.....

21 hours ago, John Drake said:

Seems to me that China and Japan own the Thailand train concession. Don't see much room for the Germans.

I'm confident their pipe dreams can become reality, and in a short time frame, too...

... if China completely takes over the country, and modernises it for its military ambitions.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1