Omicron Will Arrive, Vaccination Urged – Official

snoop1130

On 12/4/2021 at 11:52 AM, Jeffr2 said:

What?  Nonsense.  I've yet to see any credible scientist say nothing works against the variant.  Don't post misinformation.

Political experiments?  Seriously?  Talk about fake news.

You clearly watch too much fake news but like everybody today you are entitled to your opinion????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Uroller said:

You clearly watch too much fake news but like everybody today you are entitled to your opinion????

Show me one post I've made with an article that's fake.  I challenged another member to do this...haven't hear back in days....

It's not my opinion.  If you disagree, show a credible link...we'll wait.:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

You might want to find another campfire.  Nothing is confirmed at this point other than it's more transmissible.  Which in and of itself, is serious.

Oh I understand and I'm at the same campfire.  IT's unfortunate for people who are not vaccinated but in my country where the only people who are anti vaccination professors they will simply get their wish and get it the old fashioned way with long term health effects, cognitive disability, etc.  But I digress, cognition wasn't really there now, was it?  

Nothing has been proven but one thing is for sure - Omicron is omicron and it will do what it will do.  The sun will rise tomorrow, we will live on.  Or not.  

I may live on - I got a vaccine.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Show me one post I've made with an article that's fake.  I challenged another member to do this...haven't hear back in days....

It's not my opinion.  If you disagree, show a credible link...we'll wait.:coffee1:

One thing that I can accurately write is that you are really really really jumping to a lot of conclusions and progressing on tree trunks and you're now 100 feet off the ground ready to fall.  

Give it another week or two and let's see what happens.  I share no interest in conjecture.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2021 at 7:18 AM, Benmart said:

Those who manufacture alarm bells, are often the same ones who benefit from such an industry. Follow the money and the accompaning lust for power.  The public welfare has little to do with this mess.

IT really doesn't matter what it is - look at any news story.  News organizations now get readership from clicks, not from accuracy.  And they get money from clicks, less so from advertising.  Look at the sensationalistic reporting on even large news sources.  CNN, Fox News, and down the line to pseudoscience nonsense garbage troll trash on the internet.  

Read it with a critical eye and think about it.  ????  

I am not afraid of omicron.  IT is what it is.  I am what I am.  But really from actual medical people on the ground it sounds like it could in fact be nothing.  Please don't take off with this as a fact - we will know more in 1-2 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Blumpie said:

IT really doesn't matter what it is - look at any news story.  News organizations now get readership from clicks, not from accuracy.  And they get money from clicks, less so from advertising.  Look at the sensationalistic reporting on even large news sources.  CNN, Fox News, and down the line to pseudoscience nonsense garbage troll trash on the internet.  

Read it with a critical eye and think about it.  ????  

I am not afraid of omicron.  IT is what it is.  I am what I am.  But really from actual medical people on the ground it sounds like it could in fact be nothing.  Please don't take off with this as a fact - we will know more in 1-2 weeks. 

I've posted a lot from medical people on the ground in SA.  A lot.  Mostly from Twitter feeds by people like this, an employee with the FT.  Quite credible.  Spend some time reading his tweets.  It's not looking good.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

This is interesting information that is in its initial stages. I would also include HIV stats owing to the very high rate of people infected by this virus in SA, which does compromise the immune system, and could skew the actual Covid causation stats.

Personally, I would like to see the stats from Europe, which has low HIV rates for comparison purposes.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

This is interesting information that is in its initial stages. I would also include HIV stats owing to the very high rate of people infected by this virus in SA, which does compromise the immune system, and could skew the actual Covid causation stats.

Personally, I would like to see the stats from Europe, which has low HIV rates for comparison purposes.    

And an older population!  SA has a very young population.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Basically, if this mutation does cause hospitalisation for a  large number of people, we'd see a lot of fuss, especially if most patients are young and need observation, even if the symptoms are minor.

That's our modern society, nowadays.   

SA is reporting substantial increases in hospitalizations.  Your not aware of this?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

And an older population!  SA has a very young population.

Which does raise an interesting point in that young people have not yet developed a basic immunity for minor illnesses that Covid could take advantage of, but which presumably older people have an experienced defence.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

SA is reporting substantial increases in hospitalizations.  Your not aware of this?

Yes. I was answering a question. As yet, we don't know if SA stats will be replicated globally, and whether it is just Covid causing the hospitalisation, or in conjunction with HIV.  

• Like 2

Just now, Tonypandy said:

And there is no evidence that it doesn't break through the vaccine. None. The vaccine doesn't keep people out of hospital or from potentially dying, there is no proof it helps reduce the transmission. If there is then prove it. Your not already aware of this. 

Actually, there is.  They're still trying to decide the effectiveness, but so far, seems to be fairly good.  If not the same for Delta.  All execs from the major vaccine manufactures say the research so far indicates they are still good for this new variant.

There is proof it reduces transmission.  Don't post misinformation.  This is widely proven.  Do your own research.  Google is your friend.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Unfortunately they are dying of something

FFoTIKgWYAQprKz.png.94f07e71b0231fe7f1ed6cd695bc8bdf.png

https://twitter.com/sugan2503/status/1466507046564646921

The old Covid?

This is not similar to this chart, where cases are rising and deaths are falling -  which is good news

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+deaths+sa&rlz=1C1UEAD_enTH934TH934&oq=covid+deaths+sa&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i512l9.5989j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Neeranam
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The old Covid?

This is not similar to this chart, where cases are rising and deaths are falling -  which is good news

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+deaths+sa&rlz=1C1UEAD_enTH934TH934&oq=covid+deaths+sa&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i512l9.5989j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yes great news that deaths have receded from the delta wave as for those dying now and is it from Omicron

'

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The old Covid?

Data backed up by this latest study

Into the most recent data. 

Looks promising but still early days to jump to too many conclusions. 

https://www.samrc.ac.za/news/tshwane-district-omicron-variant-patient-profile-early-features

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Actually, there is.  They're still trying to decide the effectiveness, but so far, seems to be fairly good.  If not the same for Delta.  All execs from the major vaccine manufactures say the research so far indicates they are still good for this new variant.

There is proof it reduces transmission.  Don't post misinformation.  This is widely proven.  Do your own research.  Google is your friend.

If you mean some government scientist or doctor saying it reduces transmission, but plenty of non government scientists/doctors saying the opposite. I suppose we are only supposed to listen to the government paid ones, anything else is misinformation. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

If you mean some government scientist or doctor saying it reduces transmission, but plenty of non government scientists/doctors saying the opposite. I suppose we are only supposed to listen to the government paid ones, anything else is misinformation. 

What you say doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1