Omicron Will Arrive, Vaccination Urged – Official

snoop1130

8 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

didn't know this

I think he might be referring to the samples in October from Nigeria.

First articles mentioned it was omicron detected in October but later it was corrected to delta.

Omicron must already be in Thailand. How it behaves against a different vaccine/immunity profile here will be seen quite quickly. Europe too faces the same uncertainty. Reports that symptoms may be milder have yet to be confirmed. As ever, get the vax and the 'boost' asap . . .

"South Africa’s daily confirmed Covid-19 cases almost quadrupled from Tuesday as the omicron variant spreads across the country, showing how contagious the new strain may be.

The country recorded 16,055 infections in the last 24 hours and the positivity rate accelerated to 24.3% of tests from 16.5% on Tuesday, according to the National Institute for Communicable Diseases. "

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-03/south-africa-covid-19-daily-cases-almost-quadruple-in-four-days?srnd=premium-europe

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

A post with a screenshot of content copy and pasted from some site has been removed as there was not supporting link provided to the source of information.

A post with a video from an unapproved social media site has been removed.

A post attempting to link to an unapproved YouTube source has been removed. 

41 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Nor me - until I read yesterday that it was present in UK days before the it was announced by the S. African guy who identified it.

My source was MSN UK news.

No reason to doubt it.

Something has to exist before it can be identified.

The chances of the virus only being in one person at the time of identification are a bit like the lottery, virtually certain it traveled elsewhere before identification.

Governments have a responsibility to prevent further importation and try and contain what infection is present, but that requires public co-operation.

4 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

It is here already.

Of course is it.

It's just that Thailand doesn't have sufficiently robust, consistent, and sophisticated testing policy. 

Thailand has done more to test arrivals than most western countries, in the UK unless you came from a country already red you have been free to mix with the public immediately on arrival.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

No they don't and that's a stupid idea anyways. Maybe in March 2020 this made sense but in December 2021 it's totally retarded.

Sorry, I didn't get the memo that the pandemic had come to an end.

• Like 1