Miss Universe Thailand’s unorthodox but traditional costume

snoop1130

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Interesting opinion.  Is there some sort of requirement to pass comment on someone's appearance?  You feel you have to specifically be at their exact level or above to have an opinion?

Does that transfer to other areas of your life?  Do you only discuss cars that you can afford to buy?  Only discuss a work of art that you could paint yourself?  Only discuss sport if you can play at professional level?

Or perhaps you think it's inappropriate to discuss the appearance of contestants in a competition based primarily on their appearance?

Think the point richard-smith was making has been nicely summarised by you closing paragraph...... 

• Like 2

Amazing, isn’t it?

When it comes to soap operas and beauty pageants, Thais place luk khrueng on a pedestal. However, those Thai females who choose a farang as a partner or a spouse are almost invariably looked down upon.

#Land of Contradictions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

commenting on someones looks is somewhat different to commenting on a car or sport.

Totally disagree! its a free world, or at least used to be

Edited by poohy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Plus a photo of their beautiful and intelligent partner or current friend with benefits enabling others to comment in the same  vain as their childish comments. 

I'm betting mine looked better that yours when she moved in!

Sadly mine hasn't aged well.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

think a little harder......     commenting on someones looks is somewhat different to commenting on a car or sport. 

Not really.  "Nice car", "nice face", and so on.  

... perhaps guys should post a photo of themselves before suggesting another human looks hideous !!!...

Why?

.... the reality is those who make such comments rarely have sufficient ‘game’ to even get close to someone society considers ‘desirable’.... 

Who cares?  There are no prerequisites for making a comment about someone's appearance.  Outside of your head, of course.

Comments made by such posters are just bitter.

The comments against the people critiquing the woman's appearance sound a lot more bitter, to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I'd suggest that he just thinks, quite rightly, that it's particularly daft to say that the girl in the photo is "absolutely hideous, when, objectively, she isn't!

Appearance is really subjective.  You can't say someone is objectively not hideous, that's not how objective judgements work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which part of her do you find "absolutely hideous"?

Don't like long lanky white ish women also her thighs  are not rounded and shapely Enough for me

Can you really not say shes hideous now?

i suppose  the fine descriptive Dudley phrase a face like a bag of spanners would be well banned then

Ye gods ! What is the world coming to

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, appearance is objective, opinion about someone's appearance is subjective.

You could say that the fact that someone has two eyes, or that their hair is brown is objective, sure.

That woman is an attractive woman, objectively

No, your subjective opinion is that she is attractive.

I think she is unattractive, you think she is attractive, another user thinks she is hideous.  These are all subjective opinions.

1based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

she is not factually "absolutely hideous" as one poster said.

Sure, that's not factual, it's a a subjective opinion, like yours and mine.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Appearance is really subjective.  You can't say someone is objectively not hideous, that's not how objective judgements work.

quick search for definition of hideous = "ugly or disgusting to look at."

Even taking into account some latitude for personal tastes or preferences, I think it is clear that the woman is not hideous.

Even considering subjective differences in the judgement of beauty it is possible to state categorically that the women in question is not hideous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

Even taking into account some latitude for personal tastes or preferences, I think it is clear that the woman is not hideous.

Even considering subjective differences in the judgement of beauty it is possible to state categorically that the women in question is not hideous.

I am pleased i have caused so much chaos using the adjective hideous

Heres a bit of education  for you as i appreciate you are not all lucky enough to have been born in the black country(you may wish to google it its a geograghical not racist term)

Now where i grew up its quite normal  to  describe an unpleasant

person not necessarily In looks maybe personally temperament etc as hideous

I.E god shes/he a hideoys women man etc

Likewise  Saying a girl woman who I dont particularly find attractive is hideous would also be acceptable  just.......  A bit of poetic licence

I do Hope the above information alleviates the presure from. Any twisted knickers both male and or female

• Like 1

Hmmm... those sound like subjective opinions.

That's one subjective opinion that appears to be being put forward.

Not really, that's your subjective opinion.  Opinions on appearance are generally subjective.  What one person finds hideous, another might find attractive, because they are subjective judgments.

29 minutes ago, Maha Sarakham said:

Miss Laos looks better than Miss Thailand this year.  Bad year for Thailand.

She's possibly slightly more attractive than miss Thailand, but I thought that one of the Thai runner ups was better looking than both of them.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 2