Restos in Pattaya can again serve alcohol

Phoenix Rising

On 12/4/2021 at 2:00 PM, sungod said:

Or you could just drive an hour and a half down from Bangkok for the weekend and enjoy a few glasses of your favorite tipple with a meal.

You seem to be annoyed all your favorite sex joints are closed, and you have to wait your turn.

That's a long way to go for a meal. No restaurants in Bkk then?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given omicron one would have to be fairly barking IMO, to travel anywhere at the moment. I have no doubt some will, only later to be telling their sad story about how they got trapped overseas because of a lockdown and asking for "financial assistance".

I don't think anyone one will get trapped overseas do you honestly think so? 

1 hour ago, Irate priest said:

I don't think anyone one will get trapped overseas do you honestly think so? 

Doesn't take much... last time it was simply a protest that had them crying at the airport they had spent all their money. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and I've been pointing out that there isn't much to go to Pattaya for in the first place.

Been lately?

Jammed at weekends. Plenty of people seem to think otherwise....

Edited by sungod
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2021 at 4:28 AM, Cherrytreeview said:

You would have to be a complete sad desperado to jump through endless hoops to travel 6000 miles to order a cheese and ham toastie so you can qualify for a bottle of Chang.

Meanwhile, all the bars, gogos and nightclubs remain closed further notice.

Then having had your cheese and ham toastie, you can join the sausage fest on Soi Bukahow and be the sixth customer of the day.

These people must have no social lives at home.

Throw in the hoops to return to your own country and the real possibility of global lockdowns.

What a relaxing and care free holiday.

Get a life.

Wow! U seem a bit butt hurt mate!

58 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

This forum isn't about locals.

I did not know they were excluded except by language.

Their input on some of the topics would be much appreciated, although they may suffer a lot of flak and unrelated derision. 

• Confused 1

On 12/8/2021 at 6:14 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course. Plenty got trapped in NZ and Oz last time they had a sudden flight closure.

I was in Siem Reap when the first border closure was announced.

Got an email from AirAsia at 5pm, sorry your return flight next week is cancelled, Thai border closes at mid-night tonight.

What a poop show that was, managed to talk myself onto the last flight, landed at BKK with 25 minutes to spare.

• Like 1

You would have to be a complete sad desperado to jump through endless hoops to travel 6000 miles to order a cheese and ham toastie so you can qualify for a bottle of Chang.

Then having had your cheese and ham toastie, you can join the sausage fest on Soi Bukahow and be the sixth customer of the day.

Throw in the hoops to return to your own country and the real possibility of global lockdowns.

Get a life.

Yes, , they sure do need to get a life , they should ditch the cheese sandwich and get the 99 Baht full English breakfast ,( available until closing time )

Get a life.

Truly

Thailand has some great nature spots. Grab a few bottles of booze and a tent and head out - weather couldn't be better and as a bonus you can meet women that are not prostitutes and enjoy camping because it doesn't remind them of their upcountry home.

7 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

What kind of inane statement is that!? The Thailand part of this forum isn't about Thais??

I think he's got a point. While I'm sure that there are a few locals that follow the subform by and large the people that post here I'm guessing are tourists by the general banter.

12 hours ago, TheScience said:

Truly

Thailand has some great nature spots. Grab a few bottles of booze and a tent and head out - weather couldn't be better and as a bonus you can meet women that are not prostitutes and enjoy camping because it doesn't remind them of their upcountry home.

I get bitten to hell if I take a bottle out onto my terrace and sit there in the evenings.... dread to think what a restless night under canvas would do to me. 

12 hours ago, TheScience said:

I think he's got a point. While I'm sure that there are a few locals that follow the subform by and large the people that post here I'm guessing are tourists by the general banter.

It's pretty obvious what I meant by it, but you may have noticed that certain posters are wont to attack other posters in pointless rants. Perhaps they are bored.

I noticed he didn't get a single like for his post, so I reckon most got the point.

40 minutes ago, SteveWilts said:

I just arrived in Pattaya yesterday and it's a lot busier than I'd thought

Well it is a National Holiday today, and also we have the last events of the Music Festival, so perhaps reason to be busy.

• Like 1