'Do your own research / I do my own research' has become code for conspiracy theory followers

Jingthing

6 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Have you any evidence beside "gut instinct" that a course of vaccine including a booster gives less protection against Omicron than natural immunity

Yes, I had covid and now, I fear not, anywhere I go. Haven't had even a minor cold since then (which is unheard of in my history for this amount of time) - so it feels like a beautiful protection to me.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Maybe not a gut problem as you are showing symptoms of dyscalculia.

Thanks, I'll do my own research on what dyscalculia means. Thanks for giving me something to do - will report back, when I understand it.

And now to remind myself of her brilliance she did 7,686,369,774,870 × 2,465,099,745,779, in her head. So that must also make you a bit enfeebled in your own mind. Just to add, in 28 seconds. The answer being 18,947,668,177,995,426,462,773,730. So perhaps now, you can feel a bit dyscalculia too.

Edited by Khabib

5 minutes ago, Khabib said:

And now to remind myself of her brilliance she did 7,686,369,774,870 × 2,465,099,745,779, in her head. So that must also make you a bit enfeebled in your own mind. Just to add, in 28 seconds. The answer being 18,947,668,177,995,426,462,773,730. So perhaps now, you can feel a bit dyscalculia too.

That still leaves the antisocial behavior manifested by your flaming. Do you have a quick solution for that?

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2021 at 4:40 PM, ozimoron said:

A conspiracy and a conspiracy theory are not the same thing.

Between them is just a time. Sometime a long time, sometime not so long. And mostly they are about starting something very essential for the leading powers. 

When the conspiracy theory starts it's strongly denied and the theorists are ridiculed, sometimes even persecuted. When the conspiracy has served its purpose (cui bono) it's all forgotten, deafening silence, it cannot be reversed. Think on many wars in history centuries ago and in not so remote history. 

1 minute ago, Saanim said:

Between them is just a time. Sometime a long time, sometime not so long. And mostly they are about starting something very essential for the leading powers. 

When the conspiracy theory starts it's strongly denied and the theorists are ridiculed, sometimes even persecuted. When the conspiracy has served its purpose (cui bono) it's all forgotten, deafening silence, it cannot be reversed. Think on many wars in history centuries ago and in not so remote history. 

Like 5g you mean.

1 minute ago, Saanim said:

Conspiracy theories are never secret, actual conspiracies always are. Example, the shooting of JFK, the big lie, etc. Tell me a conspiracy theory that turned out to be true.

• Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Conspiracy theories are never secret, actual conspiracies always are. Example, the shooting of JFK, the big lie, etc. Tell me a conspiracy theory that turned out to be true.

My answer to that is virtually none. It seems to me some people lead embittered lives (not you) and are seeking something to blame for their misfortune.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khabib said:

My answer to that is virtually none. It seems to me some people lead embittered lives (not you) and are seeking something to blame for their misfortune.

I wish I really knew the answer to that. The thing about conspiracy theories is that they are so wacky they can't be disproved. As to whether people actually believe them or just pretend that they do is a mystery to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I wish I really knew the answer to that. The thing about conspiracy theories is that they are so wacky they can't be disproved. As to whether people actually believe them or just pretend that they do is a mystery to me.

My sense of it, it's an attempt to appear clever, when they know it can't be disproven. I keep well away from that, or soon I'll start believing the moon is made of cheese 55

• Haha 1

speaking of research-

months ago there was a blurb about a farang in Nong Khai who delivered western food. Also held a Sunday get together at his place. Well I am ready to order, but cannot find the prior info. to locate him. please help.

• Sad 1

On 12/5/2021 at 11:39 AM, TropicalGuy said:

Listening to fools is tiring & annoying not interesting.

Unfortunately, this is not true for fools belonging to the same cult as the fool who is talking. Some excellent examples of that in recent US history.... ????

My all time favourite conspiracy theory was when the Malaysian Airlines flight disappeared over the Indian Ocean, never to be seen again. Fox news had a retired US general who claimed it landed in Pakistan and was going to be used in an radical Islamist terrorist action in the future. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk975w70C1U

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Khabib said:

My sense of it, it's an attempt to appear clever, when they know it can't be disproven. I keep well away from that, or soon I'll start believing the moon is made of cheese 55

Misconception that nonsense can’t be disproved. Of course it can and often is. Flat Earth, God Existence, No Moon Landings, all spectacularly and easily debunked. Check out Wikipedia and You Tube for this. 
 Or forgetting the complete lack of proper evidence and not needing to disprove. Asserter must Prove with Evidence. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

Unfortunately, this is not true for fools belonging to the same cult as the fool who is talking. Some excellent examples of that in recent US history.... ????

Quite but who cares about ignorant fools ? I’m talking about rational logical folk listening to idiots. Answer is don’t ! Never engage. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I've taken part in at least two of the popular conspiracies you claim don't exist.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How would you prove there was a moon landing?

The only telescope that could see the landing site would be Hubble, and due to a 'technical error' it can't focus as close as the moon.

Investigate that yourself….numerous proofs. Not here to persuade anybody. 

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The only telescope that could see the landing site would be Hubble, and due to a 'technical error' it can't focus as close as the moon.

Hubble didn't exist at the time of the moon landings, but I get your point.

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How many people worked on the moon landing project and had intimate knowledge of it? How many people would have to have remained silent since 1967? Even people in Australia who received the images which could not have come from any Earth bound source?

Edited by ozimoron

19 minutes ago, Khabib said:

I would love to know, by what manner did you take part. Your posts are generally excellent by the way.

I worked in MSM for many years, we just didn't broadcast stuff you weren't supposed to know.

Everyone says, "How could you keep that secret", it's actually very easy, MSM just filters everything, then it's all down to rumours and crackpots.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I worked in MSM for many years, we just didn't broadcast stuff you weren't supposed to know.

Everyone says, "How could you keep that secret", it's actually very easy, MSM just filters everything, then it's all down to rumours and crackpots.

How many people worked for MSM outlets which kept this stuff secret and never said anything? Why didn't any of the non-MSM publications publish any of the contradictory evidence? Where is your evidence that the moon landing didn't occur beyond just insisting that thousands of people knew but kept silent?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That sounds very much like "I'm in the know, it's an exclusive club". Did you sign the official secrets act, in your occupation.