'Do your own research / I do my own research' has become code for conspiracy theory followers

Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Khabib said:

I've just looked up egregious. I must be the big bad wolf 555

And your explanation for your claim thjat mRNA vaccines can destroy the immune system is where? If you don't know, do you agree that posting the suggestion is irresponsible in the extreme?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Khabib said:

I really wish there wasn't so much vitriol on the forum. In the end, we are all entitled to our own opinion. For better or for worse.

When people post conspiracy garbage that goes against all the science and, more importantly, live and act according to the nonsense they believe and by doing so directly affect my life and just about everyone else on the planet I tend to become a bit vitriolic......., and I think that's OK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

You're right and it's the most dangerous trend in modern history. When relatively well educated people turn away from facts, reason and science the outcome will be a disaster for democracy.

It happens everywhere but is most prevalent and visible in the US.

Will America’s disregard for science be the end of its reign?

America is not a democracy and never was. It is a republic. 

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

And your explanation for your claim thjat mRNA vaccines can destroy the immune system is where? And your justification that Pfizer welcomes this is where?

I simply don't know the answer to that, and happy to admit it. Nevertheless, foreign bodies put into my body is not a choice I wish to make. That's since I have the antibodies from a previous infection, which the science suggests is a better protection than continual 3 month jabs (or so it seems). 

22 minutes ago, Khabib said:

I really wish there wasn't so much vitriol on the forum. In the end, we are all entitled to our own opinion. For better or for worse.

Some on here don't like others opinions or just not understand, I think there wanabe teachers. ????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Khabib said:

I wonder if you've considered the "conspiracy?" that the vaccines, particularly mrna, might be destroying people immune systems and then create dependency. After all, pharmaceutical companies would love it. I'm not saying I agree or not, I don't know.

Any link to credible sources that at least make it even remotely possible to consider such an astounding plot? If not then the answer is clearly no.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

When people post conspiracy garbage that goes against all the science and, more importantly, live and act according to the nonsense they believe and by doing so directly affect my life and just about everyone else on the planet I tend to become a bit vitriolic......., and I think that's OK.

There's absolutely no chance, anything I do will directly effect your life, unless you believe in chaos theory and butterflies and all that. Clearly I've got your back up a bit. Not at all my intention.

• Thanks 1

Misinformation / conspiracy content is supported by some governments / politicians in efforts to destabilise opposition / democratic institutions which is ongoing. e.g. there are massively funded misinformation ongoing efforts in the US. Why do millions subscribe to the lies, is it because of their religious beliefs?  No idea if any of the content posted on this forum came from political entities.. However, some of the content generated when political discussions were permitted, was nearly instantaneous and professional in appearance, which, IMO, generated suspicion of individuals authenticity. A high level overview of some info in the public domain...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_farm

2 minutes ago, Khabib said:

There's absolutely no chance, anything I do will directly effect your life, unless you believe in chaos theory and butterflies and all that. Clearly I've got your back up a bit. Not at all my intention.

Sorry Mr Phoenix, that wasn't intended at you.

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Any link to credible sources that at least make it even remotely possible to consider such an astounding plot? If not then the answer is clearly no.

This one is for you though. I wish you great health in the future.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Everyone is but when the opinion is unsubstantiated, highly contested and demonstrably likely to cause death then it should be removed. Not accusing you but speaking generally to disprove your contention that all speech should be free and unbridled.

Yeah but I might decide I don't like freaking free speech. ????

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've been living in a fantasy dream world since I arrived in Thailand circa 2009.

Most of my pals back home refused to believe the stuff I told them went on over here.

I'm not entirely sure I believe it either.

Long may it continue for us all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

There are, and I sincerely hope the tribe that at least tries to base it's opinions on logic, facts, science and reason outnumber the others or we're all royally you-know-what.

We'll likely all be perfectly fine, whichever way our views are. Sorry for anyone who lost relatives to cancer, heart problems and the rest that couldn't get treated for perhaps more onerous conditions.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Khabib said:

I simply don't know the answer to that, and happy to admit it. Nevertheless, foreign bodies put into my body is not a choice I wish to make. That's since I have the antibodies from a previous infection, which the science suggests is a better protection than continual 3 month jabs (or so it seems). 

Science is suggesting this new variant evades natural immunity.

31 minutes ago, Khabib said:

If you don't vaccinate, that has a direct impact on my life.  It extends the pandemic and puts others at risk.

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Science is suggesting this new variant evades natural immunity.

Be that as it may, the science also suggests that the symptoms are much milder, at least so far. My fingers and even my toes remain crossed. I want normal life as we know it back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

If you don't vaccinate, that has a direct impact on my life.  It extends the pandemic and puts others at risk.

What, if I happily stay at home. If I was concerned I'd put my family at risk, then sure. If there is a risk, it's all on my head. Mind you, should something untoward happen to me, they will surely hurt. So my priorities are at home. Essentially, I'm self isolating out of choice. Not out of fear or responsibility to others, just my life is perfectly good this way. Nothing much is open where I live worth going out for. Think I'll just drink myself to death. Much easier solution to this current <deleted> world we're living in.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:
1 hour ago, Saanim said:

Just to look few years back on some important events (often leading to a war) when an opinion different to the official one was labelled as a "conspiracy theory", sometimes immediately censored.

What's the truth after years?

Huh??

Huh? Wasn't it mentioned here before?  For instance the "truth" about the Anthrax, about the WMD, to name just few...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

And I suppose, if I fart in your general direction, it will stink. My father is a hamster and my mother smelled of elderberries 55

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Khabib said:

What, if I happily stay at home. If I was concerned I'd put my family at risk, then sure. If there is a risk, it's all on my head. Mind you, should something untoward happen to me, they will surely hurt. So my priorities are at home. Essentially, I'm self isolating out of choice. Not out of fear or responsibility to others, just my life is perfectly good this way. Nothing much is open where I live worth going out for. Think I'll just drink myself to death. Much easier solution to this current <deleted> world we're living in.

I totally agree, and have been doing the same myself.

If only I could order beer and spirits online, I'd never need to leave my home.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1