Effective December 6th, anyone flying to the US will need the PCR test or such completed just a mere 24 hours prior to flying, and not 72 hours as before.

ThailandRyan

58 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Antigen test could be done at Suvarnabhumi clinics. 
but contact them before your departure date. 

Thank you for the advice. Will be flying soon so trying to plan for everything ahead of time. Pending finality on this "1-day before" definition, I could potentially get it the day before, as my flight is late afternoon. I will also phone the airline to double-check, as it seems like it is the airline who is the 1st gatekeeper.

5 minutes ago, BKK4 said:

Thank you for the advice. Will be flying soon so trying to plan for everything ahead of time. Pending finality on this "1-day before" definition, I could potentially get it the day before, as my flight is late afternoon. I will also phone the airline to double-check, as it seems like it is the airline who is the 1st gatekeeper.

I just spoke to the airline's Bangkok office in Thai language, and they confirmed that the requirements are:

1. COVID test 1 calendar day before departure (i.e. Dec 10 any time for a flight any time on Dec 11).

2. COVID test can be anitgen, but if antigen, must be done at a hospital. I asked if a major government hospital in BKK was OK, and she confirmed it was.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, travelhuahin said:

That begs the question of such "What if your flight leaves at 1 am on the 10th, you test the 8th at 4pm, that's only 33 hours from departure, would that be acceptable because even though its less than 48 hours, it is actually more than 1 day prior.  Would they require the test to be done on the morning of the 9th which would be less than 24 hours from flight time.

The confusing issue for me would not be confusing if they did not say test 1 day prior to flying, or am I over thinking this?  Would testing on the 8th anytime less than 48 hours prior to flying be fine?

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

or am I over thinking this?

AS per the Euronews link above: Yes.

"But the wording is actually designed to help travellers and ease the burden of testing. The US order states that the pre-departure test must be done within one day before departure in order to give travellers more flexibility."

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2021 at 2:13 AM, nattaya09 said:

Looks like Biden's keepers, including Walensky, were in a hurry to make it look like they were doing something and didn't noodle it through 

The UK has just re-introduced PCR or RTK testing 48-hours before commencing travel TO the UK in addition to another test within 48-hours after touchdown IN the UK.

Now, what were you saying about "Biden's keepers"?

Get a grip.

• Thanks 1

I believe that OP is incorrect in the original statement: " i.e. Requires PCR test 24 hrs before flight."

After careful reading of the email posted here; it states tested within 24 hours... no mention of PCR test required. Huge difference!!

To date, US has required antigen or PCR within 3 days, now the time limit has changed to 24 hours, however PCR is not required on Dec 6. possibly other types of tests are also acceptable as well.

9 minutes ago, Trvlr55 said:

I believe that OP is incorrect in the original statement: " i.e. Requires PCR test 24 hrs before flight."

After careful reading of the email posted here; it states tested within 24 hours... no mention of PCR test required. Huge difference!!

To date, US has required antigen or PCR within 3 days, now the time limit has changed to 24 hours, however PCR is not required on Dec 6. possibly other types of tests are also acceptable as well.

The title says PCR or Such

ThailandRyan changed the title to Effective December 6th, anyone flying to the US will need the PCR test or such completed just a mere 24 hours prior to flying, and not 72 hours as before.

Did not know we could change, or such, the titles of posts.

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

ThailandRyan changed the title to Effective December 6th, anyone flying to the US will need the PCR test or such completed just a mere 24 hours prior to flying, and not 72 hours as before.

Did not know we could change, or such, the titles of posts.

I changed it shortly after posting it and before anyone responded, I believe that was how I could change it as I was the OP.  If after it has a few posts the Mods must change the OP title if they are notified by the OP poster.