Pet parenting on the rise

webfact

23 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

I did not reliase dogs were responsible for the millions dying of malnutrition. I think you will find that its other humans.  So on your thinking we should wipe out the entire animal kingdom or are you just dog hater.

The thread is about pin-brained dog owners spending lavish amounts on annoying and dangerous critters.  My comment is about such people spending vast sums on such animals whilst all about is human suffering.  I am a dog-hater with a wealth of stories to explain my hatred.  In my opinion, only working dogs would escape the cull - a blessed mercy for 80+% of Thailand's dogs.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

The thread is about pin-brained dog owners spending lavish amounts on annoying and dangerous critters.  My comment is about such people spending vast sums on such animals whilst all about is human suffering.  I am a dog-hater with a wealth of stories to explain my hatred.  In my opinion, only working dogs would escape the cull - a blessed mercy for 80+% of Thailand's dogs.

Ok your arguement is people should not spend their money on the dogs only draw back i see is..

Just because people dont or wouldnt  have dogs does not Mean they will spend their money on helping other humans

If I am honest I know i wouldnt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

People spend vast amounts of money on many things that I would regard as trivial not just dogs so your argument is illogical. I have had dogs all my life including  8 years here without a problem.. I can just imagine why you have problems with dogs they pick up on signals that people do not see.

7 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

People spend vast amounts of money on many things that I would regard as trivial not just dogs so your argument is illogical. I have had dogs all my life including  8 years here without a problem.. I can just imagine why you have problems with dogs they pick up on signals that people do not see.

You are invited to take an evening walk in my neighbourhood. It's close to a beautiful jogging track which we cannot use after dark. People go around with sticks. Surely all dogs will bow to you and let you and your children walk by without problems because you emit such good signals.

I on the contrary must be a bad emitter, because I have already been attacked twice while cycling close to a temple, home of the finest Thai dogs.

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

You are invited to take an evening walk in my neighbourhood. It's close to a beautiful jogging track which we cannot use after dark. People go around with sticks. Surely all dogs will bow to you and let you and your children walk by without problems because you emit such good signals.

I on the contrary must be a bad emitter, because I have already been attacked twice while cycling close to a temple, home of the finest Thai dogs.

I walk 4 dogs every morning while soi dogs roam freely around Except for a little growling between them I have never had any  problems. As you say you obviously show some sort of aggression or fear that they pick up on. 

Edited by Asquith Production
spelling

I walk soi dogs! 

Well that's not entirely true but on my morning jogs I have several gangs of dogs that I know and stop to stroke. A few of them jog with me to the next place... a couple I take to 7Eleven wher they scrounge for chicken from vendors outside.

A dog (like most mammal pets) should be part of the family. Not 'owned' and never caged.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

I can just imagine why you have problems with dogs they pick up on signals that people do not see.

Yes, like a another dog wandering 50m down the street and proceed to bark their heads off! 

21 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Agreed - expenditure on trivial things BUT the thread is about pampered pets. 

Two of my stepdaughters in separate incidents were sent crashing to the ground by dogs roaming free.  What signals were they sending out? 

My live experience with dogs in Thailand is limited as I travel by car tho' on two occasions I have stopped to assist a (homeless) man being savaged by four dogs; I also stopped to drive off a dog terrorising a woman on her motorbike.  This colours my view. 

I see dog excrement strewn liberally about the sois near me where children play; my sleep is regularly disturbed by packs of howling dogs.  I pick up on these signals without a dog scenting my fear/hatred so you must have a rose-coloured imagination about my problems.