Why We Long-time Farang Will Never Leave Thailand.....

GammaGlobulin

17 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Funny enough Kunming is the one city in China that I want to go to, due to no smog, nice climate etc, and this new line runs from Kunming-Vientiane. So if the world ever opens again properly I will look into this. 

Is Kunming in China?

If so, then why would you wish to go there?

Yes, you can use the T-Word to describe China....  https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/10/china-xi-jinping-totalitarian-authoritarian-debate/

Please wait until Xi retires before venturing into China.

Just my humble suggestion.

Funny enough, you might not know what it is like to live in a totalitarian state, other than the off chance you have read Orwell, which is not the same thing as Being There.

Or, maybe you love Xi, just as Edgar Snow loved, SO MUCH, Mao.

In case you are a commie, have your read the books of Edgar Snow?

I have.

The-youthful-Mao-Zedong-and-American-journalist-Edgar-Snow.png.78f5b7a48e1c75f85a68b75d8d3fcaa9.png

Here is Edgar and Mao...

Please enjoy.

They made a great couple.

4 minutes ago, RmcaIssan said:

Built a great bungalow house in the countryside , keen gardener, great views, great wife who works very hard and 3 dogs  .. and sunshine for probably 300+ days of the year ... Couldn't be better !!

This is the way life should be, ideally.

This is the life that most can only dream about.

One can only question if all three dogs are the same breed, or not.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sex in the morning is my favorite with my girlfriend. ????

I only corrected the OP who somehow pretends he represents the farangs who are here for many years. He doesn't! 

The only people he represents are his imaginary friends.

PS. Agree with 'sex in the morning'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

Many will leave, and soon. No Thai ID, no PR, Hope they have a plan B.

Why?

The jabs will be mandatory except for legit medical reasons in my opinion. Will they take it?

Mandatory insurance is coming, for all foreigners, mark my words

There between those able to purchase and those able to qualify due to age or pre-existing condition

Surely the Thai authorities  will establish a way for those of means to be self-insured, for example 3 million baht held on bond, or not?  They've never shot themselves in the foot before right? ????

How else will the goalposts move from 2022 on? This is the Asian century.

What's in YOUR bug out bag?

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

I'll concede you something, a few minutes ago a vender delivered my wife a couple of bamboo tubes with some sort of sticky rice concoction inside. 

Cow Lamb .......... sticky rice and coconut milk (and black beans) served in a bamboo tube.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Many will leave, and soon. No Thai ID, no PR, Hope they have a plan B.

Why?

The jabs will be mandatory except for legit medical reasons in my opinion. Will they take it?

Mandatory insurance is coming, for all foreigners, mark my words

There between those able to purchase and those able to qualify due to age or pre-existing condition

Surely the Thai authorities  will establish a way for those of means to be self-insured, for example 3 million baht held on bond, or not?  They've never shot themselves in the foot before right? ????

How else will the goalposts move from 2022 on? This is the Asian century.

What's in YOUR bug out bag?

Thailand makes sure they have the kind of (long term and short term) foreigners which they want. That is exactly what many other countries also do. Obviously some people will be disappointed that they can't live in Thailand (anymore). That is exactly the same for many foreigners in our so called home countries.

It this hard? Sure, sometimes it is. Is it understandable that Thailand makes rules who they want and who they don't want in their country? I think it is.

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It was 12c this morning in Chiang Mai .............. brrrrrrrr

Moved up here from Nonthaburi 12 days ago and it's been getting cooler every day since I arrived. Sat in my hotel room watching the planes take off from the airport which is not in any way warm work. On the verge of shivering and the minute I see any white stuff on the mountains I may well be heading south again.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

As for old men talking to each other about sex...makes my skin crawl.

Well, we all know that ageism is the the last socially acceptable "ism" that's left for younger losers..

As for me I hope I can keep pumping another 3 years so that, at 72, I can claim I've had sex with a lady of the quarter of my age.

Good luck to you.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thailand makes sure they have the kind of (long term and short term) foreigners which they want. That is exactly what many other countries also do. Obviously some people will be disappointed that they can't live in Thailand (anymore). That is exactly the same for many foreigners in our so called home countries.

It this hard? Sure, sometimes it is. Is it understandable that Thailand makes rules who they want and who they don't want in their country? I think it is.

Exactly and correct. Thailand cannot be all things for all people. I hope criminal background checks are implemented. About 30 percent of my fellow Americans are undesirables with arrest records.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Well, we all know that ageism is the the last socially acceptable "ism" that's left for younger losers..

As for me I hope I can keep pumping another 3 years so that, at 72, I can claim I've had sex with a lady of the quarter of my age.

Good luck to you.

Well, what a guy! Good luck, indeed.

14 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Good luck to you.

72 x .25 (18 years of age) I don't think that is legal in Thailand!

So this French colleague is talking about going out after a dinner. (His wife is his same age over 60.

He says to me he says

" Have you ever had sex with a  60 year old woman"?

" No" 

"Me neither, I take you Karaoke now"

All the Best !

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Well, if I do not yet represent the farangs who have been here for many years, and this is debatable, then, surely, someday I might.

By the way, how long does it require, since one first set foot here, for one to be considered long time?

Is 50+ years enough?

20 posts a year?

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would have said membership for more than 6 months, with at least a few sensible posts in topics other than ones own. As far as I can ascertain the OP only posts in nonsense threads of his own creation. 

Yep.

13 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Well, if I do not yet represent the farangs who have been here for many years, and this is debatable, then, surely, someday I might.

By the way, how long does it require, since one first set foot here, for one to be considered long time?

Is 50+ years enough?

Bleh, puke, if you're a sad old khunt on a withering pension and save a couple of thousand a month for some skank then you probably represent a portion of the expat population, a portion that's rapidly diminishing. Personally I had more snatch in my days before Thailand. About your question, if you really lived here 50 years, why do you read like a dreamy noob? Go write out your next pointless topic. . .

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Good Morning to you, also.

a.  You are correct.  This is a wonderful land.

b.  I can imagine just how thankful you must feel to be back.

c.  Some guys, who live here, for ages and ages, somehow forget how lucky they are.

d. At the moment, the weather is about 14 degrees C, in the early morning.  Not especially cold, but just a bit too crisp for some.

Again, Good Morning to you.

You are lucky to have returned.

I been to 43 countries in my former work.U say thailand is the best country in the world.Then i can tell u thats alot of other countries thats much better.But if thailand is the only country u been in then i understand u.Maybe u been some visaruns to laos for few hours.

What has ll this stupid discussions about seks and all this replies to see with you question of this topic?

Don't forget the majority of LONG STAY farangs  in Thailand are not young men. Most are above 65 or more. 

I live for 20 years in Thailand, not in the middle of a rice field, not in the middle of a touristic place but in a small city countryside in the middle South.

Thailand became my HOME, I speek the language, have very good contacts and understandings with the locals, so I don't want to leave at all.

This guys, only can talk about seks... yes they like to talk about something what is only memories...

they still have seks 3 times a day:

one time talking about it

one time to try it

one time to come to the conclusion it doesn't work anymore

The one time it works: with the help of enough BLUE PILLS.

From reading a good number of posts in  a good number of different forums.  It seems many foreigners come to live in Thailand not because it’s a beautiful country.  But because they dislike their own country,  and could not afford to live there.  Also having no or barebones health insurance, with minimal income.  

4 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

From reading a good number of posts in  a good number of different forums.  It seems many foreigners come to live in Thailand not because it’s a beautiful country.  But because they dislike their own country,  and could not afford to live there.  Also having no or barebones health insurance, with minimal income.  

How is Thailand beautiful? Apart from a few areas it resembles a huge building site, with stray dogs roaming everywhere. How beautiful.

11 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Personally I had more snatch in my days before Thailand.

Lucky you,

I got almost nothing in the UK for the first 50 years of my life, and I was married for 30 of those years.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, stigar said:

I been to 43 countries in my former work.U say thailand is the best country in the world.Then i can tell u thats alot of other countries thats much better.But if thailand is the only country u been in then i understand u.Maybe u been some visaruns to laos for few hours.

Thailand is not the best country in the world, but is the most suitable (ticks the most boxes) for very many retirees.

• Like 1