blacklisted for 12 months while on elite visa.

3 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

why do people bother staying in Thailand with all the immigration non-sense, this country has no future, it doesn't change or improve, it's only great for coming 3 to 4 months a year

I bother because I love the freedom Thailand provides me with, immigration is a walk in the park, the cheap cost of living compared to back in my home country, building a big comfortable house for 1/10th the price compared to back in the old country, regardless if it's the wife's, not having to pay taxes from my investments, staying at 5 star hotels for half the price when I choose too, or even 3 stars, it's easy to get around, I could go on, but I know you missed what most of us already know that's why you probably don't live here ?

3 to 4 months is for those who can't afford to live here and have to work to come back again and again and again IMO, why bother, because of the need too ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Don't you just loath it when you have those who wallowing in the misery of others? so the man did a mistake, is this a good reason to mock him?...

People are jealous that other people can afford elite visa.

Not sure why they mention 'hiso', that's something completely different.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't understand why some farangs pay so much money for an elite visa 555. They could find a good thai lady and marry! It is only 1900 bath a year. Anyway immigration has the power in their hands. I live in Thailand since long time and honestly am very happy and everything is all good but for me there's no future for some farangs here

• Like 2

Immigration does so little to attract and keep wealthy customers here. Yes customers, who spend a lot of money here.

I have a Master Card Credit card. Recently, I get an e-mail, telling me that I have to pay $4.59, billed to my card this month, and that this amount should be paid at the latest on such a date, so I do not get a mark on my credit.

Mastercard will do that for such a minimal amount, but the CLERKS, yes CLERKS at immigration are incapable to enact a process that will keep a large amount of money in the country.

Are they doing that on purpose, or they are incapable of thinking of ways to earn money?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you will find that he did not need to exit Thailand, however if staying more than one year he needs to attend immigration.

It's unfortunate he was not aware of that.

Exactly. If he is so clueless to not know the requirements, or can't remember them, then hire an agent for his EV and they will remind him

That is why you hire professionals - so you do not have to do it yourself

Simple, Really

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Dont think that there's anything that they could have done to assist him 

Except maybe to explain the SMALL print many times to him since the .Elite(ists) never think as they assume that someone else while solve their problems for them!

It does not take a rocket scientist to understand the word(s) annual/renewal/update etc!

I have no sympathy for his case what so ever,

Yes been thinking of returning there myself no endless corruption, a bit cooler but Algarve Alentejo hardly need air con or heating. Vehicles cheaper, food similar quality and at home if you include a bottle of wine often cheaper than here. Some services free for EU citizens like health and of course in 12 years there I never ever visited or submitted a single document to Immigration , don't  know how the photocopy industry survives?

Unlike LOS. It has been known to have a cold shower which Brits Irish Canadians and Bostonians would regard as a mild shower often refreshing.

Another added benefit my wife already drives on the other side of teh road so no retraning needed

The OP should understand, there is no need to leave the country after 12 months on an Elite card, just needs an in-country extension, it no longer is an elite issue, but someone forgetting their extension date expiry to renew,

now it's a thai immigration issue with the overstayer, nothing about what visa he holds, if thai immigration stop him for 12 months, what else can he do, elite are not immigration, nothing they can do about thai immigration overstay laws

all these kind of threads do are to confuse people, into thinking elite has a magic wand over thai immigration laws, it doesn't, we all accept that, when we use the service, if anything happens on missing expiry dates for extensions, that's on us, no one else, same for any other type of visa/extension people hold

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

Mastercard will do that for such a minimal amount, but the CLERKS, yes CLERKS at immigration are incapable to enact a process that will keep a large amount of money in the country.

Are they doing that on purpose, or they are incapable of thinking of ways to earn money?

Yes.

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Isn't the maximum overstay fine 20 000 Baht ?

Yes, the thread smells of a fake story, the weekly bash elite card thread, if it's true then it's about missing expiry dates in passports, nothing more, I mean why charge 25k when its 20k, why claim that am overstay on elite is different to an overstay on another type of visa/extension, paying for an elite card doesn't mean you pay to control immigration laws, that's just being foolish or fake

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never read of anybody being successful when filing a appeal for it.

If he had not paid the fine and was taken to the detention center (IDC) he might of been able to get something done.

From my friends experience 2018

No need to appeal it costs 10k payable at idc

Then no blacklist he (was deported )

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, humbug said:

now it's a thai immigration issue with the overstayer, nothing about what visa he holds, if thai immigration stop him for 12 months, what else can he do, elite are not immigration, nothing they can do about thai immigration overstay laws

all these kind of threads do are to confuse people, into thinking elite has a magic wand over thai immigration laws, it doesn't, we all accept that, when we use the service, if anything happens on missing expiry dates for extensions, that's on us, no one else, same for any other type of visa/extension people hold

seriously i have  lived here  20 odd years obviously never having anything to do with such stuff  i thought elite visa was a government immigration department 

sounds like its just a private company

Thats scary!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

hey duly fined him for never reporting.

And so he paid how much  of a fine for missing all those reports?

The answer is peanuts!

(if I remember correctly it is about 1500 Baht no matter how many reports you miss) and no record on your passport!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fangless said:

And so he paid how much  of a fine for missing all those reports?

The answer is peanuts!

(if I remember correctly it is about 1500 Baht no matter how many reports you miss) and no record on your passport!

2,000 Baht.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

Immigration officials at a sufficiently high level have the power to waive the blacklisting. I really do think that this is a case where imposing the fine and waiving the blacklisting would have been appropriate. Too late now.

What's the difference between his overstay and anyone else's overstay of the same length, why should he be shown special lenience? 

3 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

Immigration does so little to attract and keep wealthy customers here. Yes customers, who spend a lot of money here.

I have a Master Card Credit card. Recently, I get an e-mail, telling me that I have to pay $4.59, billed to my card this month, and that this amount should be paid at the latest on such a date, so I do not get a mark on my credit.

Immigration Bureau has nothing to do with, nor any responsibility for, keeping the wealthy here!