Jump to content

Golf carts, buggies to get taxed


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Why?

 

The powers that be, are obsessed with getting rid of things that run on gas, and  forcing people into electric car ( Eventually)...

 

So why the heck would you tax electric vehicles?

 

It makes no sense......

Still have to pay for roads I expect.......

What surprises me is I don't see all these golf carts, ATVs and buggies on the roads!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Why?

 

The powers that be, are obsessed with getting rid of things that run on gas, and  forcing people into electric cars ( Eventually)...

 

So why the heck would you tax electric vehicles?

 

It makes no sense......

 

It will happen everywhere that roads are maintained by fuel taxes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

 

It will happen everywhere that roads are maintained by fuel taxes.

The way gov'ts (all) waste your tax dollars, they need new ways to collect more.  I'm waiting for the 'air' tax, based on your weight and how much you breathe yearly.

 

They've taxed everything else, and usually multiple times.  Income, water, petrol, utilities, food, dry goods, land, house, personal property, even carbon tax 🤣.  If not directly, then manufacturers & businesses and it trickles down to the price tag and you're the one paying in the end.

 

No kiss, no KY

 

Even tax your estate when you die ... <deleted>  

Taxed after death, on something you already got taxed to death on while acquiring.

 

Saddest part is ... they still can't balance a budget 😳

 

 

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Maybe it's those golfers riding around the golf course tax free, maybe it's time to make those freeloaders pay their fair share....

Yep they sure need the roads through the course from 1 hole to the next repaved using the funds...lol.  Wonder if there will be a divot tax next to help re-sod the fairways and greens.....

Edited by ThailandRyan
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nojohndoe said:

If they can justify taxing golf buggies then how about  the many thousands of the rural converted vehicles running on single cylinder diesel engines ?

you don't mean what I call an Udon Taxi now do you.

ISAN area > Everyday life

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Why?

 

The powers that be, are obsessed with getting rid of things that run on gas, and  forcing people into electric cars ( Eventually)...

 

So why the heck would you tax electric vehicles?

 

It makes no sense......

Probably because tax is lost on non electric vehicle sales when people are electrified...:whistling:

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Why?

 

The powers that be, are obsessed with getting rid of things that run on gas, and  forcing people into electric cars ( Eventually)...

 

So why the heck would you tax electric vehicles?

 

It makes no sense......

All other EVs are taxed so why should these EVs escape the same tax?

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

All other EVs are taxed so why should these EVs escape the same tax?

Are they taxes simply because they have electric motors ?  I await my excise tax on my toothbrush, blenders and the rest of my motorized appliances.  Most already getting import & VAT applied to them.

 

How about my RC toys ?  

17.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:
56 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

All other EVs are taxed so why should these EVs escape the same tax?

Are they taxes simply because they have electric motors ?

More likely simply because they're vehicles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Are they taxes simply because they have electric motors ?  I await my excise tax on my toothbrush, blenders and the rest of my motorized appliances.  Most already getting import & VAT applied to them.

 

How about my RC toys ?  

17.jpg

Electric tax 10% and enjoyment tax 25%.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

The way gov'ts (all) waste your tax dollars, they need new ways to collect more.  I'm waiting for the 'air' tax, based on your weight and how much you breathe yearly.

 

They've taxed everything else, and usually multiple times.  Income, water, petrol, utilities, food, dry goods, land, house, personal property, even carbon tax 🤣.  If not directly, then manufacturers & businesses and it trickles down to the price tag and you're the one paying in the end.

 

No kiss, no KY

 

Even tax your estate when you die ... <deleted>  

Taxed after death, on something you already got taxed to death on while acquiring.

 

Saddest part is ... they still can't balance a budget 😳

 

 

Don't worry, balancing a budget is not a part of socialist doctrine.  They just keep taxing and spending until they run out of other people's money.

 

Only when everybody has an equitable sized hovel to live in and are all starving equally will the socialist utopia be achieved. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

yeah lets make it more expensive... 

Falls inline with all the other initiatives, or lack of, to promote alternative energy transportation.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing Thailand, this will give the Government 400million a year, lm sure that will be spent wisely which when  translated means (divided up in order of rank) Grandmaster Prayut and his bagmen just cant help themselves coming up with new and inventive ways to scam and screw people over for lining there own deep corrupt pockets

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Are they taxes simply because they have electric motors ?  I await my excise tax on my toothbrush, blenders and the rest of my motorized appliances.  Most already getting import & VAT applied to them.

 

How about my RC toys ?  

17.jpg

or my Drone

Thai Startup Fling To Offer Southeast Asia's First Drone Delivery Service In Bangkok - The Peak ...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...