Golf carts, buggies to get taxed

webfact

Golf carts drive on private property and not on public roads. It's none of the government's business what I drive on my private property. Such a tax would be illegal in other countries.

There will soon be a lawn mower tax.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

The Prayut government is desperate for every single Baht of additional tax revenue. No wonder with this mismanagement and the highest national debt ever measured in Thailand. The little people are now allowed to pay the bill for the incapacity.

Edited by tomacht8

14 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

And the question is, which country can in fact balance its budget.  Certainly not the USA.  

Thought the topic was Thai taxation, but yea, not many countries seem to be able to balance their budget.  Top reason I left the homeland, taxes too high, and sadly wasted.  Wouldn't bother me as much if most used for the benefit of the citizens, but not the case.

At least here, barring some silliness, they seem to have a fair tax code, across the board.  Basically VAT, and taxes on toys for those that can afford the extra, toys & taxes.

Homeland hit me more than a few times, with 40%, just on income tax, when bottom half of population pay hardly any.  Not exactly fair ... then taxed again on toys.  Something wrong with that picture.

Then will buggies allowed on the roads?

The wife just got one yesterday. Made to order. 180k baht. The wife doesn't intend to drive it on roads and highways just to the local 7/11 and for having fun driving the small and rough roads around our village. But to get access to the countryside she has to go by the village and a blacktop road here and there. When she ordered it I asked about registration. No problem she said. Just avoid the Police! OK but I feel uneasy about it. Not that there are many cops in our quiet Issan village. ????

Buggy rear.jpg

Buggy.jpg

15 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

The wife just got one yesterday. Made to order. 180k baht. The wife doesn't intend to drive it on roads and highways just to the local 7/11 and for having fun driving the small and rough roads around our village. But to get access to the countryside she has to go by the village and a blacktop road here and there. When she ordered it I asked about registration. No problem she said. Just avoid the Police! OK but I feel uneasy about it. Not that there are many cops in our quiet Issan village. ????

Buggy rear.jpg

Buggy.jpg

Never a problem until there is.

No Insurance, could get very expensive for you.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

The Prayut government is desperate for every single Baht of additional tax revenue. No wonder with this mismanagement and the highest national debt ever measured in Thailand. The little people are now allowed to pay the bill for the incapacity.

Paying armies of bureaucrats to do nothing is expensive.

Guess you know how they're voting as well ????

43 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

Yes ... at least give us something for the tax.  Thought about many toys, but lack of being able to register killed the idea.  If Thai, maybe, but a farang .... no thanks.