Hunt on for man who attacked Swedish tourist in Bangkok

webfact

This guy seems not to have deserved a bash. It was in open air & likely not crowded.

That said, I walked from Villa to Terminal 21 a few days ago. A tall, 40s foreigner looking smug with no mask at all even carrying one. And a few who were wearing them on the chin.

It's a bit uncomfortable but it's really not a big deal to keep everyone, and oneself, safer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sambum said:

Never heard of the word "mansearch" but "manhunt" has been used for many years. Another case of P,C. madness - like schoolteachers don't write on a "blackboard" any more - it's a "chalkboard"! 

Maybe ! ? Went  to "whiteboard" but now ? Just "Google it " ! lol

3 hours ago, happydreamer said:

Are you American by any chance ????

I'm curious why you'd wonder if he was American....  I think pretty much anyone would be able to express humor in the way he was. At least, I don't think sarcasm is exclusive to Americans....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

This guy seems not to have deserved a bash. It was in open air & likely not crowded.

That said, I walked from Villa to Terminal 21 a few days ago. A tall, 40s foreigner looking smug with no mask at all even carrying one. And a few who were wearing them on the chin.

It's a bit uncomfortable but it's really not a big deal to keep everyone, and oneself, safer.

Hopefully a policeman will see him and fine as it should be.  I'll bet he'll wear one if they threaten to lock him out of Thailand for disregarding CCSA safety requirements.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its disgraceful that the word "hunt" was used in the thread title . 

I find it really upsetting and I am close to being offended by it 

Me too. The Swede was mugged. It's very upsetting for me emotionally to read that the gentleman who allegedly mugged him is being hunted. Surely a posting in the national press asking for him, at his convenience, to report to his local police station would suffice? This has put me right off my mug of tea. Sorry. Cup of tea.

• Like 1

People are offended by the use of the word hunt? That's all you got out of the story? It doesn't upset you that someone got attacked?  You've got to be kidding me. Get a life. Sticks and stones my break my bones but words will never hurt me. Get over it. 

18 hours ago, stigar said:

I remember some years ago i went into the shop in Prasat(surin)because my pc had problems.The lady in the shop asked me to come back in the afternoon.(after closing time)I went back about 7 pm.We sat down and talked about my pc problem.Then she gave me a beer and start checking my pc.Well 1 beer went to 3-4 beers.I speak thai and things start to looking exciting.She wanted me to sit and talk with her about many things.I asked where her bf/husband was and she said shes single.Actually her son confirmed that.After she get drunk and asked me to go upstair with her.I didnt go because i felt something is not rigth.About midnigth the backdoor in her shop was open with a loud smell.A big thaiguy came inside the shop and he was really upset.He was wery drunk.He asked what the f..is going on.She get really scared and tried to explain to him that i was a customer about fixing my pc.It didnt help at all...he attaced me and smacked me down.After that he hit her in her face.I told him to calm down but it didnt help at all.He went crazy and i just left as fast as i could.Yes..her thai husband went back earlier then she expected.I didnt press any charges.Better forget it.

You do seem to mix in quality circles......

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DjSilver said:

I heard that the Swedish guy wrestled down the Thai guy and held him until security came. But Safari World security just let the Thai guy go so they are just as responsible as an accomplice.

take care of your own...normal here

On 12/9/2021 at 1:15 PM, unblocktheplanet said:

Does it though? Agree indoors but outside it is going too far and just making everyone het up and miserable. I mean if you’re that worried just stay indoors for the rest of your life.

As to the attack, I guess some brainwashed (by thick politicians, xenophobia in general) Thais blame farang for bringing it in and see red. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sig said:

I'm curious why you'd wonder if he was American....  I think pretty much anyone would be able to express humor in the way he was. At least, I don't think sarcasm is exclusive to Americans....

Sarcasm isn't.  Being offended by everything is. ????

Edited by happydreamer
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Does it though? Agree indoors but outside it is going too far and just making everyone het up and miserable. I mean if you’re that worried just stay indoors for the rest of your life.

As to the attack, I guess some brainwashed (by thick politicians, xenophobia in general) Thais blame farang for bringing it in and see red. 

Just farang or do they blame Asians, or Arabs, or Africans?

On 12/10/2021 at 6:28 AM, happydreamer said:

Sarcasm isn't.  Being offended by everything is. ????

You appear to have completely missed the clearly sarcastic comment he was making. You seem to be among those who pigeon-hole millions of people due to nationality and on top of that can't grasp sarcasm. Or maybe you just enjoy being toxic, which seems to be so common online and sadly common in this forum too.

19 hours ago, Sig said:

You appear to have completely missed the clearly sarcastic comment he was making. You seem to be among those who pigeon-hole millions of people due to nationality and on top of that can't grasp sarcasm. Or maybe you just enjoy being toxic, which seems to be so common online and sadly common in this forum too.

You got all that from one comment huh?  They should call you Frued...Sig.  There's some sarcasm for ya to grasp