Hunt on for man who attacked Swedish tourist in Bangkok

webfact

1 hour ago, stigar said:

A friend of me get stabbed by a guy from UK in surin some years ago.The UK guy was hired by a guy from australia because my friend use to f.... his thai wife.Actually my friend and this lady was stabbed.They almost died both of them.Well..the police find the stabber and after paid 1 million bath to the victims case was closed.

That's the Thai way and many might say is the most practical way of dealing with such things. The victims are at least compensated, whereas in our world the perpetrators would simply be jailed, which benefits no-one.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Conquerbrqvilok said:

This is a normal fact in Thailand since they teach their kids foreigners are thief foreigners are dirty are liars are are are......anything happened foreigners , when countries from the 3rd world like Morocco, Turkey and Bangladesh vaccinated thai people by 80% Thailand were 0 vaccinated and they still say foreigners bringing covid 

Nah...not true.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Almer said:

I understood you Hunt for something but you Search for someone.

Never heard of the word "mansearch" but "manhunt" has been used for many years. Another case of P,C. madness - like schoolteachers don't write on a "blackboard" any more - it's a "chalkboard"! 

1 hour ago, DjSilver said:

I heard that the Swedish guy wrestled down the Thai guy and held him until security came. But Safari World security just let the Thai guy go so they are just as responsible as an accomplice.

so it was a case of catch and release, rather than a hunt...

21 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That's the Thai way and many might say is the most practical way of dealing with such things. The victims are at least compensated, whereas in our world the perpetrators would simply be jailed, which benefits no-one.

Yeah..i guy in my former village was killed by a another thai guy.He shot him in the head in the middle of the day.In front of the parents.The parnets didnt press any charges because the son was wery bad against them.Actually they feel relased.In my world that is crazy.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

When and if they catch him, he will get taken to Court and .......................and .........................and get fined 500 Baht and a Wai ????

Are you suggesting Thai courts are unduly lenient? 

My wife's youngest brother got 3 months in Chon Buri nick for failing a urine test.......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

Are you suggesting Thai courts are unduly lenient? 

My wife's youngest brother got 3 months in Chon Buri nick for failing a urine test.......

The issue is not eneough gets to court, it’s sorted before hand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stigar said:

A friend of me get stabbed by a guy from UK in surin some years ago.The UK guy was hired by a guy from australia because my friend use to f.... his thai wife.Actually my friend and this lady was stabbed.They almost died both of them.Well..the police find the stabber and after paid 1 million bath to the victims case was closed.

Good job all round then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conquerbrqvilok said:

This is a normal fact in Thailand since they teach their kids foreigners are thief foreigners are dirty are liars are are are......anything happened foreigners , when countries from the 3rd world like Morocco, Turkey and Bangladesh vaccinated thai people by 80% Thailand were 0 vaccinated and they still say foreigners bringing covid 

I don't think that you are 100% correct in your post.

That must be a bit tricky for my son and my neighbours daughter as both fathers are farang. It doesn't seem to bother their mates either, or the traders in the village who have noticed that I am a farang. My son has my English family surname.

It doesn't seem to matter to my friends children in Bangkok either. The wife is Thai and the husband is from Israel and the 2 children have their fathers surname.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

May I ask what is the porpoise of your post?

I suppose you think you are being finny.   But on a serious side, I'm sorry the foreigner had this happen, nobody wants to live life wondering when the next time is that someone is going to attack you.

Edited by Lee4Life

4 hours ago, DjSilver said:

I heard that the Swedish guy wrestled down the Thai guy and held him until security came. But Safari World security just let the Thai guy go so they are just as responsible as an accomplice.

He should have called the cops, handing this guy over, rather than trusting the company's security.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

He should have called the cops, handing this guy over, rather than trusting the company's security.

I would imagine security would get him to let the guy go eventually, or another Thai.  Can you really imagine a foreigner sitting on a Thai and other Thais not coming to his aid?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Conquerbrqvilok said:

Once they smash your face then remember me just wait your turn never late greeting from a knight

a knight ????

Never knew knight was an other word for (better not type what im thinking would not want to have a ban)

If Thais are so bad why they hell are you here.

3 hours ago, sambum said:

Never heard of the word "mansearch" but "manhunt" has been used for many years. Another case of P,C. madness - like schoolteachers don't write on a "blackboard" any more - it's a "chalkboard"! 

I think you'll find most teachers use a whiteboard.