Any Long-Stayer Ever Been Refused a Visa?

Has anyone here on an extended yearly visa ever been refused another one? 

I know many expats who get really worried when their visa ext. time gets close, yet they have  virtually 0 chance, in my opinion, of not getting their extra year. Many have property and kids here but somehow think they will be thrown out the country. 

I've never known anyone to be refused, have you?

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Before COVID my problem was always the queues at immigration.

I used to fly to Saigon to avoid them.

Now it's easy, just walk in anytime and be seen immediately.

Out of interest.....what visa were you obtaining in Saigon.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The concern is that maybe immigration will suddenly ask for new documents that they may not be able to provide 

My point is that they never ask for anything that they can't provide ot pay something under the table to get. 

• Confused 5

35 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are you talking about the people who meet all the requirements ?

People who don't meet the requirements will not be given another visa .

Yes, those who have the 400/800k in the bank, or have a job. Theya re never refused. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, greeneking said:

Always a worry. 400,000 in the bank for 90 days, though this year they said only need 60 days.

And then they wanted a further form about my monthly income too anyway.

If I applied a month before that is more time with no access to the money, and then there is one month extension under consideration too.

Visit after a few days by Immigration to the house was not after a phone call, but by surprise. Change in policy. Some applicants are not honest apparently so they come not knowing if I am in or not, whether my wife is at work or not, and then we have to find a witness at the last moment who can drop everything and come to the house.

If I really was mafia I would find a way to avoid these problems, I'm sure. Nearly 20 year's now telling them the same things every year.

So you got the visa. 

They go to the house I think to see how much money you have and if it is worth trying to get it off you. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Not insurmountable changes but they are changing and am anticipating in future there will be some increased financial deposit in the bank and compulsory health insurance for all.

To be fair, there hasn't been an increase in the visa cost since Taksin increased it from 500 baht to 1900 baht nearly 20 years ago. 

AS Thailand becomes developed, they should have similar requirements to developed countries, for example, the USA ask for 16 million baht to be invested by those wanting to retire there long time.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

My point is that they never ask for anything that they can't provide ot pay something under the table to get. 

Some immigration offices turn a blind eye to the requirements if you go through an agent , only a few I.O will do that . 

At those I.O's , there have been some changes recently with certain staff being moved to inactive posts and it remains to be seen whether the new staff will be compliant in their leniency in the requirements............................if you see what I mean  . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

I knew someone who rather foolishly withdrew some money from his bank account during his under consideration period and was called in early by immigration and told that his marrage extension had been refused because his account balance had dropped below 400k.

I bet he wasn't kicked out the country?

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Many have been refused....if they fail to meet the requirments. you cannot just show up without all required and expect an extension.

Do you know any who have lived here for years to be thrown out the country?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not literally thrown out the Country , but they leave of their own free will when they realise they cannot get further extensions 

How long had they lived here? Did they have any family/property?