Stolen

KhaoYai

On 12/10/2021 at 2:37 PM, KhaoYai said:

they also stole my security camera and don't seem to realise that its sending me their photos and videos.

How should that work? 

The WiFi parameter are different for sure. 

And when they changed to use the camera, they cleared any upload function too. 

Sounds fishy, your story. 

• Confused 1

On 12/12/2021 at 11:10 AM, richard_smith237 said:

A number of years ago I enquired about ‘contents’ insurance.... 

The insurance didn’t cover things such as Wife’s Diamond Rings, Valuable watches etc unless I took out additional cover which was quoted at a significant premium - then the items were only covered IF stollen from a safe (fair enough), but then not covered if Condo security or a maid were involved etc. 

Watches not covered if mugged (i.e. while wearing them outside).

The insurance did cover all items ‘under a certain amount’ which means I had to list all expensive items such as Laptop, iPads etc and each time I made a new purchase of something over 10,000 baht I had to add it to the list.

Insurance was also invalidated by an ‘inside job’ (i.e. maid, neighbours made etc or condo security).

Ultimately nearly all the scenarios I imagined (and asked about) were not covered and then the additional premium for the valuable items made the cover not only nearly useless, but just too expensive to worth bothering with. 

We are still uninsured. 

I’m quite sure my 25,000 baht Motorcycle helmet would not be included in cover unless I listed it specifically along with about 50 other ’small value’ items.

I've also never bothered to be insured at any of the places i've stayed throughout thailand.

7 hours ago, CH1961 said:

How should that work? 

The WiFi parameter are different for sure. 

And when they changed to use the camera, they cleared any upload function too. 

Sounds fishy, your story. 

Oh dear, yet another calling me a liar.

Nothing had been changed on the camera settings. It sends messages to my phone no matter where its located if its connected to the router.  If I brought it to your house, it would still send images to me in the UK.  It is password protected so the e-mail and password are needed to make changes but not to the wifi connection. As far as I know (and I'm no expert) all that needs to be done is to pair it with the router by pressing the wps button or connect it via a LAN cable.

The person who has it now would have to format the memory card and press the reset button on the camera (or have the password) to make changes to the e-mail address it sends images to.  I know that for a fact as I have the exact same model in the UK and I've just reset it to see how its done.

I'm pretty sure they have done that now as I haven't had any alerts and have not been able to access the memory card since 8 December.  I presume they've either realised they've been rumbled or found a the set-up instructions online.

Before you suggest that someone may be lying, you might want to consider they may have evidence. What possible benefit is there to me is there by falsely claiming I'm receiving images from my camera? How does that help with the search for my helmet? Do one buddy! Tired of stupid remarks - if you've nothing to contribute, stay out!

Screenshot_20211214-121008_Gmail.jpg

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 6:22 AM, CH1961 said:

What distinguishes your rare helmet from all those offered on lazada? 

Do you really think the price tag from UK  is still on? 

Probably not a lot without a closer look. I didn 't say there is. I said I wouldn't wear one and anyone willing to do so - well, that's their choice. Don't be stupid, of course there's no price tag on it - what difference does that make? I very much doubt the theives knew its value but just picking it up tells you there's a lot more to it than the cheaper brands common in Thailand. For your information they also took a 10 year old rice cooker - these guys certainly weren't just out for the big bucks items.

In any case, I stand by my statements, I've never seen another in Thailand and consider it rare. I would ask anyone who's offered one secondhand to let me know. I will then pass the information on to the police who will decide what to do with it. That was the intention with my original post but I should have known it would get hijacked by idiots who's only quest in life is to attempt to ridicule and criticise. What such people don't realise is that in the eyes of balanced individuals - its them that appear ridiculous.

Can we stick to the point now? If anyone's offered the helmet, I'd appreciate the info. Conversely, if you have info and want to keep it to yourself, that's your prerogative.

Edited by KhaoYai

17 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I would ask anyone who's offered one secondhand to let me know. I will then pass the information on to the police who will decide what to do with it.

Where are you and how to contact you to collect the reward? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 7:43 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Would he be able to prove that the person holding the helmet was the thief or that the helmet he was holding was the OP's considering that those helmets are widely available here and probably don't have VINs or registration numbers?  

Holding the helmet might show his face.  Then if you are rich enough or have the proper connections, you could contact the police.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:
On 12/12/2021 at 1:43 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Would he be able to prove that the person holding the helmet was the thief or that the helmet he was holding was the OP's considering that those helmets are widely available here and probably don't have VINs or registration numbers?  

Holding the helmet might show his face.  Then if you are rich enough or have the proper connections, you could contact the police.

Why?   Why would the police be interested in a photo of nothing more than a man holding a helmet that is widely available here in Thailand?   How could a photo such as that show that he was a thief or that what he was holding was stolen property?   What about all the others who have the same helmet, should they be accused of thieving or possessing stolen property also?

47 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:
On 12/29/2021 at 2:37 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

What about all the others who have the same helmet, should they be accused of thieving or possessing stolen property also?

Clearly they would only be suspects. 

Clearly, that's garbage.   Owning the same type of helmet as you had does not make the owner a suspect in the theft of yours!   

On 1/1/2022 at 4:11 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Clearly, that's garbage.   Owning the same type of helmet as you had does not make the owner a suspect in the theft of yours!   

You can lead a horse to water.  Most people seem to 'get it' - for some reason you don't. Up to you bud.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

You can lead a horse to water.  Most people seem to 'get it' - for some reason you don't. Up to you bud.

Eh i agree in this case with liverpool lou, if just owning the same helmet is making someone a suspect its thin. In my country the police would certainly not go that far. Maybe in murder cases and stuff like have you seen this helmet was worn by killer not many of it. Sure... but to bother normal people based on nothing more then having the same helmet in case of a theft would certainly not be done.

Now if he lived near to you had the same features as the guy on the vid, sure. But just the helmet no way.

Edited by robblok

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Eh i agree in this case with liverpool lou, if just owning the same helmet is making someone a suspect its thin. In my country the police would certainly not go that far. Maybe in murder cases and stuff like have you seen this helmet was worn by killer not many of it. Sure... but to bother normal people based on nothing more then having the same helmet in case of a theft would certainly not be done.

Now if he lived near to you had the same features as the guy on the vid, sure. But just the helmet no way.

Unbelievable! Let's get this straight, I had a helmet stolen. In my opinion its rare in terms of design - despite being available on Lazada - which are probably fakes. I've been biking in Thailand for many years and I've never seen another one.

I simply asked that if someone is offered one of these helmets that they contact me and I'll let the police take it from there.  For one thing, bikers don't often sell their helmets and as I say, the design, although not unique, is rare. On that basis, the police would be entitled to enquire how someone came across such a helmet and it does have a unique identifying mark, known only to myself and the police.  Providing the helmet has not been repainted, I would know it right away.

I am fully aware that the police will not be actively looking for my helmet, that's why I am and I'm pretty sure that if they were given information that such a helmet had changed hands recently, they would follow it up. There was far more than a helmet stolen but almost all of the other items are common place.  There's a chance, just a chance, that this helmet might lead to an arrest.

Don't make such a simple request into a campaign to be right.

On 12/11/2021 at 4:27 PM, KhaoYai said:

The .reward is for information that leads to an arrest, note ARREST! I have not suggested that anyone do any 'detaining'!

Jeez, I make a simple post in an effort to catch the people who broke into my house and people turn it into a major controversy

You are correct.

Seems to be the normal process on this forum.

Maybe par for the course on internet forums, but I suspect this forum "raises it to a whole nother level".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 8:37 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?   Why would the police be interested in a photo of nothing more than a man holding a helmet that is widely available here in Thailand?   How could a photo such as that show that he was a thief or that what he was holding was stolen property?   What about all the others who have the same helmet, should they be accused of thieving or possessing stolen property also?

On that basis, the police would be entitled to enquire how someone came across such a helmet and it does have a unique identifying mark, known only to myself and the police.  Providing the helmet has not been repainted, I would know it right away.   QED?