Stolen

KhaoYai

On 12/10/2021 at 9:42 AM, jackdd said:

It's an HJC RPHA11 helmet, they come in various designs, and there are probably many of those helmets sold in Thailand, all have the same vents.

But the one from OP comes in a special color version, which is the distinguishable feature.

Plenty of the Punishers available in Thailand, Lazada's got them for one example.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 12/10/2021 at 2:37 PM, KhaoYai said:

I don't think they are that bright - they also stole my security camera and don't seem to realise that its sending me their photos and videos.

Than it shouldn't be a problem to find /get the cops to get them.

Spotting the helmet and actually detaining the thief are worlds apart. Thieves can be quite aggressive and antagonistic when confronted or cornered and, especially when high on meth, will not hesitate to round up the rest of the gang (10 vs you as per tradition here) to make you instantly regret playing the hero role for that reward.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Before signing a contract you have to read all, in particular what is excluded.

Just to make it absolutely clear, there is nothing in my policy, either the English language version or the Thai one, that excludes crash helmets or anything vaguely similar.  There is a list of what is included which ends in 'and other personal effects normally kept with the house' and a list of what's excluded - no helmets there.  In my opinion my helmet is covered in those 'personal effects'. No amount of reading of the policy would have alerted me to the fact that the helmet would not be insured and I am confident that the insurers will have to back down on this.

Their stance at the moment is that the helmet is not in what they call 'the definitive list' of things that are covered.  Well, given that said list only includes around 10 items, a hell of a lot of other things would also not be covered - hence, I'd guess, the author's INCLUSION of the phrase 'and other personal effects normally kept with the house', otherwise the 'definitive list' would have to run to several pages.

Edited by KhaoYai