Restaurant in South Pattaya raided last night for reportedly operating after hours, violating Chonburi Communicable Disease orders

webfact

S__16982032-768x576.jpg

By Nop Meechukhun

Pattaya – A “restaurant” on South Pattaya road was raided last night around midnight, December 12th, after reportedly operating over legal hours and providing bar-like services, violating the Chonburi Communicable Disease Control order.

Pattaya City police arrived at the venue at around 12:20 AM. following what they claimed were public complaints to the police hotline from people concerned about the potential spread of Covid-19, stating that the restaurant named ‘Dripoly’ was operating after hours and was essentially a bar or nightclub atmosphere.

Bars, pubs, entertainment venues, and nightclubs (basically the entire nighttime economy) are currently legally banned from opening due to Covid-19 measures, and only fully certified SHA+ (Safety and Health Administration, which requires extensive certifications and measures to get, some difficult for small venues) restaurants are legally able to sell alcoholic beverages until 11:00 P.M. The restaurant must also be a “restaurant environment” according to police, focusing on food, a Covid-free environment (more certification), social distancing, being well-lit, and other Covid-19 measures.

Upon arrival, a group of customers was found dancing along with loud music and drinking alcohol. Some of them were reportedly not wearing a mask. The officials then ordered to stop the music and turn on the lights, which were low and a “nightclub” environment style.

There were mixed reports on if customers were detained or fined, notes TPN media. The owner, whose name was not given, was reportedly taken to the police station at Soi 9 for processing and discussion.

TPN media notes that police from various jurisdictions have been raiding and visiting “restaurants” around the city this weekend, such as in the Jomtien Complex and Soi Lengkee area, warning them about the current rules, closing venues, and asking them to adhere to the rules. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/12/restaurant-in-south-pattaya-raided-last-night-for-reportedly-operating-after-hours-violating-chonburi-communicable-disease-orders/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, ezzra said:

So if you open beyond the allowed opening hours you're spreading diseases, in what universities in Thailand they teach this kind of logic i wonder?... either that or someone forgot to pay someone...

No, you are breaking the regulations. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

So if you open beyond the allowed opening hours you're spreading diseases, in what universities in Thailand they teach this kind of logic i wonder?... either that or someone forgot to pay someone...

I think the latter, hence the discussion down at the nik.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yours is not to reason why.

Yours is just to do or pay.

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Rules and regulation imposed on any society should be based on fairness and commonsense , not on absurdity and ridiculousness...

They can be imposed by duly elected government... and common sense does not always come with them. 

These establishments have permitted hours of operation..... that does not seem to be too onerous. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Processing and discussion ?

I think that will be negotiations ($$$) !

TIT.... This is Thailand.... Many years ago, supposedly RUSSIA gave communism the boot. If you are in Thailand and you have a look around.... You can see where that communism went.... (Thailand's best bed-partner, CHINA included)......

This Alcohol thing and business not allowed to do business as usual is nothing but a money grabber for the authorities and has the 'authorities pockets' bulging......

I have almost 45 years past with Thailand, I am married to the most wonderful Thai wife 25 years, and I LOVE Thai 'common People', but I hate those who control them (Authorities) and steal them blind and keep them poor.... THIS RESTRUANT RAID has no concern for 'Thai's', ONLY money for the authorities....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fulhamster said:

You really think the current government ministers were duly elected ??

No, it was a more general statement relating to Rules and regulation imposed on any society .

Nevertheless similar rules and regulations have been implemented in countries that have elected governments.

• Like 2