Indian actress Vanitha Vijayakumar denied entry in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Hardly international. She is apparently a star in India so no surprise that the account she posted on social media made it into an Indian news article. The story involves a person with some fame and Thailand so no surprise it has been reported here.

"International" means : Something occurring  between two or more nations 

14 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Whatever the finer details are, that is NOT the kind of story Thailand needs right now.

How about training airport officials to be a bit more, shall we say, welcoming?

She had only good to say about airport officials - the problem was the foreign airline staff.

I thank the immigration police and airport passenger service for their support and humanity.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I get confused by stories like these . 

It says that she wasn't allowed into Thailand and it also says that she was allowed into Thailand .

What was it ?

Was she allowed into Thailand or not ? 

Thailand....'HUB' of confusion !

1 hour ago, alanrchase said:

I agree. I was just pointing out that the story exists because she took to social media and not because any journalist may have an agenda.

I see your point...  I don’t think there is any ‘political’ or ‘race’ agenda in the article or headline. 

However, I do agree with the posters who pointed out that the headline is deliberately attention grabbing and also inaccurate to draw in readers before they find out that the lady was in fact permitted entry after all !!... 

It's a somewhat ‘dumb’ story, but one I can understand when dealing with the obfuscated processes and bloodyminded facetiousness of someone in an official position having a bad day and just being down right difficult with someone they think they can get away with being difficult with. 

5 minutes ago, digger70 said:

She Was allowed to enter the country,She was only held up for a little while .

Get the story right.

She was held up for the same amount of time as it actually took to fly here. 

She has every right to be annoyed at such treatment, the reasons for the delay were utterly pathetic and somewhat manufactured - all the staff needed to do was to scan the QR code off the Indian Lady's phone.

I challenge anyone not to get annoyed at a 4 hour delay, especially for such a ridiculous reason. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

She has every right to be annoyed at such treatment, the reasons for the delay were utterly pathetic and somewhat manufactured - all the staff needed to do was to scan the QR code off the Indian Lady's phone.

I challenge anyone not to get annoyed at a 4 hour delay, especially for such a ridiculous reason. 

True - but it was her own fault - there is no way I'd fly to a foreign country and not print off a Covid doc that is REQUIRED by the place I was to visit.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I challenge any of us not to get upset in the same situation.

I recently got held up at internal immigration for the best part of two days , after getting refused an extension because I didn't have a TM30 card and I was looking at flights out of Thailand by the following day because my extension was refused .

Did I get a ASEANOW thread about my predicament ?

No I didnt 

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I challenge any of us not to get upset in the same situation.

I recently got held up at internal immigration for the best part of two days , after getting refused an extension because I didn't have a TM30 card and I was looking at flights out of Thailand by the following day because my extension was refused .

No I didnt 

I'm sure you are legend in your own lunchtime... however...   this lady is a somebody, at least in social media and news circles in India. 

But... I’m not quite sure of the point you are making, is it that you are a nobody, or is it that you didn’t get annoyed with the bureaucratic hassle so this lady shouldn’t have ???

35 minutes ago, BobBKK said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

True - but it was her own fault - there is no way I'd fly to a foreign country and not print off a Covid doc that is REQUIRED by the place I was to visit.

While being able to present the Thailand Pass QR code is a requirement. A print out of the Thailand Pass is not a requirement. 

Of course, its common sense when travelling internationally to take a copy of everything. Since the onset of Covid-19 I have carried two copies of everything.

In early Nov when I passed through the Thailand Pass Check-Points at Suvarnabumi, at the first ‘check point counter' where they check for the Thailand Pass some people were having their phones scanned (I went old school with printouts), just incase my phone lost data or battery etc.

It is not stated anywhere that the Thailand Pass needs to be printed out - Its a QR code designed to be displayed on the phone.

The only requirement for anything printed is the pre flight PCR Test certificate itself. 

The MFA webpage goes as far as dealing with the following question ‘What if I do not have a mobile phone, how can I present my QR Code?  !!!!! 

At the beginning of Nov they were accepting the QR code on a smart phone.

So.. has this changed and has it become a regulation now to have a print out (I don’t think it has).

OR was someone at the Airport just being very very difficult because they could be and perhaps even a little racist towards an Indian, someone they thought they could get away with being a bit difficult with ??? (I suspect the latter but of course don’t know).

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 14.18.21.png

Edited by richard_smith237

30 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm sure you are legend in your own lunchtime... however...   this lady is a somebody, at least in social media and news circles in India. 

But... I’m not quite sure of the point you are making, is it that you are a nobody, or is it that you didn’t get annoyed with the bureaucratic hassle so this lady shouldn’t have ???

She may be a "somebody" to you and you may view her as of being a higher being than yourself , you may hold her in higher esteem and be in awe of her because she makes movies , ....................to me, shes just another person whom I had no idea she existed until I read this story , shes just another person, rather than being a "somebody" 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

She may be a "somebody" to you and you may view her as of being a higher being than yourself , you may hold her in higher esteem and be in awe of her because she makes movies , ....................to me, shes just another person whom I had no idea she existed until I read this story , shes just another person, rather than being a "somebody" 

You seem so butt hurt that she has got more attention that you. 

I have / had no idea of who she is, but, the media is aware of who she is.... You on the other hand.....

Thats why the media have covered a story about her and not one about you........ 

Just to answer the question you asked below !!!!...

56 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No I didnt 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You seem so butt hurt that she has got more attention that you. 

I have / had no idea of who she is, but, the media is aware of who she is.... You on the other hand.....

Thats why the media have covered a story about her and not one about you........ 

Just to answer the question you asked below !!!!...

Did you miss my point ?

Did my point go over your head ?

My point was that delays at immigration  are a regular occurrence , happens to many people everyday in numerous Countries and many even get refused entry and sent back home  .

Is a person having to print off a document at immigration  really a news story ?, was what I was trying to say 

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Did you miss my point ?

Did my point go over your head ?

My point was that delays at immigration  are a regular occurrence , happens to many people everyday in numerous Countries and many even get refused entry and sent back home  .

Is a person having to print off a document at immigration  really a news story ?, was what I was trying to say 

Wrong....  Firstly this wasn’t an immigration delay. It was a initial rejected entry threatened by the MoPH staff who check the Thailand Pass documentation followed by a lie that a print out is required, followed by a further lie that the Airport has no printers, followed by a 4 hour delay when they eventually accepted the QR code on the ladies Phone. 

A delay such as this is not a regular occurrence, the reasons made up were spurious - this lady was treated very poorly, the media and aseannow certainly think it worthy of note. You obviously don’t but that doesn’t matter now does it. 

Is it a news story ???... are any of the news articles news stories ????? really, big picture news stories ?

The potential refusal of entry into Thailand due to not having the Thailand Pass printed out is perhaps more pertinent to many of us than the vast majority of news stories Webfact presents on this forum. 

It may not be of relevance or interest to you, but it of relevance and interest to those potentially travelling to Thailand or who have recently gone through the same process. 

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It still didn't change the fact that she Was allowed in the country . 

And yes I would be pi$$ed of as well.