COVID extension, timeframe application

OP, if this is your first covid extension, immigration will make you take the standard 30 day extension.

How did you enter Thailand.

In general a week or two prior to expiry of current permission of stay is good time to apply for any new extension.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Minimum 30 days from when your current permission to stay date expires. I've been denied a couple of times when it was even a few more days than that.

That is correct for a long stay extension. For 30 day and 60 day extensions it about 2 weeks at most offices.l

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, if this is your first covid extension, immigration will make you take the standard 30 day extension.

How did you enter Thailand.

In general a week or two prior to expiry of current permission of stay is good time to apply for any new extension.

for my covid ext  in CM  i had to wait till the last day on my visa

every time 

excluding holidays 

and then i got a underconsideration  stamp and i came back in 2 3 weeks to finish

Edited by ifmu
not enough info

9 minutes ago, ifmu said:

for my covid ext  in CM  i had to wait till the last day on my visa

every time 

excluding holidays 

and then i got a underconsideration  stamp and i came back in 2 3 weeks to finish

That just means CM are another stupid immigration office. All I can think of was that office had a policy of dating extension to start from date of application and were advising you to come last day to maximize your extension days. The extension should date from expiry of current permission of stay and not day you apply.

BTW you mean last day of permit stamp. Never heard of office being that ridiculous. 

The under consideration stamp is common (sadly)

Edited by DrJack54