Koh Chang: Huge tailbacks as 20,000 people go home after long weekend

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

Manager reported from the holiday island of Koh Chang in Trat in the east of Thailand.

The destination proved popular with weekenders who went there for the three day holiday after Constitution Day Friday.

9pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager

Some 20,000 people left the island through the day yesterday on seven ferries from the two ports on the island. 

They managed to clear 300-400 cars an hour. 

Despite this there were tailbacks of 1.5 kilometers as people drove home. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-12-13

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, thenewgoo said:

I love Koh Chang but I must admit I have not been caught up in ferry queues once. Thinking of going there soon. Anybody know what covid paperwork is required - I have one unvaccinated person in my party. Were there any checks?

Yes, they checked my vaccination certificate before I boarded the ferry.  I went last month and had a great time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thenewgoo said:

I love Koh Chang but I must admit I have not been caught up in ferry queues once. Thinking of going there soon. Anybody know what covid paperwork is required - I have one unvaccinated person in my party. Were there any checks?

They checked for vaccination records before boarding ferry so the unvacinated one might be barred from boarding even in private vehicles. 

• Haha 1

The smart people take a few extra days off. They travel on the roads before the masses do and

do not find themselves in the big road blocking messes. I guess most working people cannot do this

so it is indeed great to be retired. Been to Koh Chang a couple of times and enjoyed the visits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

The smart people take a few extra days off. They travel on the roads before the masses do and

do not find themselves in the big road blocking messes. I guess most working people cannot do this

so it is indeed great to be retired. Been to Koh Chang a couple of times and enjoyed the visits.

so they should stay home or buy a real life where you are not an idiot slave of your job.

• 3 weeks later...