16 January re-opening, what bars will be open

aussiexpat

My friend works at Beer Hub, so I see that'll be open

Did the Hopf, or Hopbrauhouse on soi 13 and beach road survive? Did Hooters?

Edit: I was coming 22 Dec but just cancelled due nothing open, I'm trying to get myself excited that 16 Jan will be better lol

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Mentors65 said:

I predict right after Songkran, on time for the 1st Anniversary shut down Jubilee

????????

probably after Songkran 2023 , as you forgot the year to name in the prediction i guess ????

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

None...absolutely no chance. Omicrom has ended all hope for the forseeable

Out of control completely in the UK

Extremely transmissable

I don't want to go off topic but the fear in your post made me quote something.

"Has anyone died of Omicron variant?

No, as it currently stands no-one has died as a result of the Omicron variant."

So not a single person in the entire World has died of, or even with the Omicron varient....why so scared?

https://www.goodto.com/wellbeing/health/symptoms-omicron-variant-anyone-died-639120

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, bbko said:

For me when I was a holiday farang here I didn't like to plan out my day like some kind of schedule, I liked just walking around and seeing what was open and if it looked inviting, I'd visit. 

I normally do the same, but it's been 26 months away lol

Plus I don't want to go somewhere only to find it closed...so planning a schedule first day, at least I know what survived

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Did Hooters?

Not seen myself (was in Pattaya last month) but from the news it reopened last Friday.

https://www.facebook.com/hootersasiaofficial/

And proof that Google is not omniscient.

("temporarily closed")

Haven't seen Hops Brewhouse open but also no sign on mothballing or tear down. Very unlikely that they will fail.

Trust Facebook? Says open:

https://www.facebook.com/HopsBrewhouse/

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

My friend works at Beer Hub, so I see that'll be open

Did the Hopf, or Hopbrauhouse on soi 13 and beach road survive? Did Hooters?

Edit: I was coming 22 Dec but just cancelled due nothing open, I'm trying to get myself excited that 16 Jan will be better lol

I read recently that Hooters has reopened,

• Like 2

I wouldn't put any money on the bars in Pattaya reopening next month, the Pattaya-hater in Government House will find some excuse to keep them shut. Further evidence of his intention to stuff the city is its absence from the list of approved New Year Countdown locations.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I wouldn't put any money on the bars in Pattaya reopening next month, the Pattaya-hater in Government House will find some excuse to keep them shut. Further evidence of his intention to stuff the city is its absence from the list of approved New Year Countdown locations.

I think that if this government has a view, it is to take this opportunity to once and for all,  'clean up' the down market parts/reputation of Pattaya , with the support of the Chon Buri Governor, and maybe even, less overtly,  the Pattaya Mayor  No bad thing in my view, but that will not be popular with some on here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If all these bars are open now I might as well come earlier after all. In fact if 5 star bar on the beach and Bodega bar are open on 2nd road that's not much different to my pre-covid routine ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

If all these bars are open now I might as well come earlier after all. In fact if 5 star bar on the beach and Bodega bar are open on 2nd road that's not much different to my pre-covid routine ????

They can't all be restaurants, expect a crackdown soon

23 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

My flight arrives on 15th, stay the night at airport hotel and then hit Pattaya on morning of 16th, the supposed re-opening day.

So far I know Irish Rovers is open for my usual breaky and a couple of beer starters. Where to head after that for my first day of Pattaya booze and fun for 26 months ????

Do you really plan a month or more ahead where you will drink and eat in Pattaya in your extended holiday?

Personally when I go out then it's something like: Let's go to Soi 6. And then: Lets have a look in here and maybe an hour later: Lets go out and visit another place.

Too much planning doesn't make it any better.

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you really plan a month or more ahead where you will drink and eat in Pattaya in your extended holiday?

Personally when I go out then it's something like: Let's go to Soi 6. And then: Lets have a look in here and maybe an hour later: Lets go out and visit another place.

Too much planning doesn't make it any better.

No, it's planning a month out is it worth jumping through all the hoops to come to Pattaya at all...of course I'll do whatever once I get there