BBC iPlayer - Download problem resolved.

Moonlover

20 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I can't even connect with BBC Iplayer with Nord VPN.

Every time I try and connect it just tells me I am not in the UK and cannot access it.

I've no problem connecting to the BBC iPlayer with NordVPN, it works fine. My issue recently is the download option with the iPlayer App, that started giving an error this last week or so. I can still watch in the browser, just not download. Hopefully this new version fixes the issue.

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

I've no problem connecting to the BBC iPlayer with NordVPN, it works fine

I have just tried it after clearing my cache etc. and got the " BBC iPlaver onlv works in the UK. Sorrv. it's due to rights issues."

This is my Nord VPN setting.

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 14.57.10.png

Mine works, but the app still doesn't I get a DRM Licence error when trying to download. So the iPlayer app beats the VPN, whilst viewing in the browser succeeds. 

1588454999_2021-12-1316_41_19-.jpg.44fe2600ca74b62c2d7b92c1dbab9fe4.jpg

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I've tried that but the download still gives a error message and won't download. Though it's not really a problem as streaming works fine without buffering issues, the download option is useful if there are. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I've tried that but the download still gives a error message and won't download. Though it's not really a problem as streaming works fine without buffering issues, the download option is useful if there are. 

The reply was for NE1; not yourself. They have a different issue.

16 hours ago, NE1 said:

On a Mac.

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 17.00.49.png

Have you tried viscosity? Its an VPN client https://www.sparklabs.com/viscosity/ . Although I do use the VPN providers app on my firestick, It always seems sketchy yo me to use a VPN providers own app on your computer.

Whenever I need to use iplayer, I first need to close down all apps that will connect to iplayer ( Safari and Downie ), then restart the Mac, connect to the VPN with viscosity, then open up the apps. It usually works, if not I just restart again. Bit of a pain but it seems to constant.

I dont have a problem with My4 or ITV Hub, sometimes SbS, it seems that BBC has the technology.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I just click the button to turn VeePN on and BBC iplayer works right away.

It's a free addon for Chrome browser.

On a Mac? I dont know, I only have one use for iplayer on my computer, using Downie and restarting the Mac is the only way to get to use connect to iplayer. Everyones use case and methods may be different. 

VeePN is a free VPN extension?

7 minutes ago, recom273 said:

On a Mac? I dont know,

I saw this and added it as a Chrome Ext. on my Mac and I was able to connect and watch BBC Iplayer for the first time in ages.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I saw this and added it as a Chrome Ext. on my Mac and I was able to connect and watch BBC Iplayer for the first time in ages.

That’s great news - if you are comfortable using a free VPN then it kinda puts Nord to shame. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, recom273 said:

That’s great news - if you are comfortable using a free VPN then it kinda puts Nord to shame. 

Is there a downside to using a free VPN ? There is always the paid version if that has better security , or would a paid version just offer more features ?

36 minutes ago, Stocky said:

The BBC iPlayer works fine with NordVPN, the issue is with the iPlayer downloader which won't work. 

I think @NE1 has a different issue, which seems to be resolved - he is using a free VPN on chrome, which indicates he isn't using the downloader.

3 hours ago, NE1 said:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, recom273 said:

I think @NE1 has a different issue, which seems to be resolved - he is using a free VPN on chrome, which indicates he isn't using the downloader.

NE1's issue is not resolved. NordVPN works with iPlayer; he just doesn't know how to configure it properly.

Using a free VPN as a workaround doesn't resolve that issue.

48 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

NE1's issue is not resolved. NordVPN works with iPlayer; he just doesn't know how to configure it properly.

Well please tell me how to . I have tried using different servers etc. and it still will not work on BBC Iplayer.

57 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Well please tell me how to . I have tried using different servers etc. and it still will not work on BBC Iplayer.

You pay for NordVPN to support you in these matters. Get on to their Live Chat. You click on the little question mark in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and when the chat screen opens, ask for a live person.

https://support.nordvpn.com

• Like 1

NordVpn customer service is abysmal.

I had a problem before and nobody could fix it.

Everytime they made a suggestion , I would do what they told me to do and when it didn't work i contacted them again.

It got to a stage where I was on my EIGHTH customer service agent , each customer service agent could not follow the tracking of the " service number " because it changed everytime I contacted them.

In the end it wore me out , having to go through everything everytime a new customer service agent got involved.

I am pleased my term with them is coming to an end. They are not easy to deal with.

14 minutes ago, NE1 said:

NordVpn customer service is abysmal.

I had a problem before and nobody could fix it.

Everytime they made a suggestion , I would do what they told me to do and when it didn't work i contacted them again.

It got to a stage where I was on my EIGHTH customer service agent , each customer service agent could not follow the tracking of the " service number " because it changed everytime I contacted them.

In the end it wore me out , having to go through everything everytime a new customer service agent got involved.

I am pleased my term with them is coming to an end. They are not easy to deal with.

Whoops.... since I don't use a MAC; there is no chance of me attempting to replicate your problem in order to find the solution.

Though I don't understand why you cannot follow their suggestions via Live Chat and stay connected until the problem is solved.