Motorcycle gear to rent

MixPiano

Does anybody know a shop that rents out motorcycle protective gear? E.g. kevlar jeans, leather jackets, boots. 

(if you don't rent a bike there, just the gear) 

Edit: I mean in Bangkok

Edited by MixPiano
  • Haha 1

If I’m honest with myself I’ve been slack recently.

I used to go ATGATT whenever intending to ride on a major road (Petchaburi rd or Sukhumvit rd in Bangkok).... but its just too hot !!!....  So its been boots (the casual city style boots, gloves and full face helmet)... and sometimes just the riding pants or the jacket. 

Whenever going further, then its ATGATT....

Where to get kit ??.... I’ve no idea about renting and very much doubt there is a market for it.

I got all my Re'vit Air-wave jacket and pans in the UK, aslo a pair of Re’vit kevlar jeans.

Op may find something second hand on Facebook Market Place.

OR if it bites the bullet, then Panda Rider / Paddock are the places to in Bangkok. 

1 hour ago, MixPiano said:

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm in Bangkok (edited the post).

It's never too hot for protective gear. And I always start with the intention to ride carefully and slowly... until I actually ride. 

yeah you need to learn to control yourself that's the best protection. It will be so hot wearing all the armor that you are better off in a car

• Haha 1

Met a guy in Pattaya years ago - backwards baseball hat, wife beater, flip flops, cargo shorts.

Oh - and a pair of crutches.

Was riding his 'bike' down Sukhumvit in Pattaya, crashed for whatever reason, scrapped all the hide off the side of his foot, and his leg up to the knee.

This was over 2 years before I met him, still on the sticks.

But he was not too hot !!! 555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1