Pattaya Booster shots with a refere to Foreigners. how, where when?

The Hammer2021

Guest TerryS123

FYI- I got this reply from expatvac today:

No booster shots are administered through expatvac as the programme is for the 1st and 2nd shots only.

----------------------------------
Department of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The Kingdom of Thailand

6 minutes ago, TerryS123 said:

FYI- I got this reply from expatvac today:

No booster shots are administered through expatvac as the programme is for the 1st and 2nd shots only.

----------------------------------
Department of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The Kingdom of Thailand

Thank you. So it seems you are on the case already. We'll done!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

At what institution? BTW Have you read the other thread about on this forum about the goverment  bringing the booster program forward?

Prachuap general hospital;

From OP::::

I am starting this thread to enable forum users to gather information about getting third or booster shots. One of my Thai friends has her appointment for next month, three months after her second jab. So what type of vaccine is appropriate; how do we apply for it and where might be the the best place to get it here in Pattaya? This is not a thread to debate vacinne use, the existence of covid or an excuse for Thai bashing. Let's hope we can garner and assemble useful information.

Moderna (2nd batch--due Jan -Mar) can be registered for at BPH. There is a dedicated Moderna desk close to the Krungsri bank with very knowledgeable ladies. They will tell you how to register etc.

Cost is 1650 baht for a one dose booster.

My 2nd AZ was beginning  Sept and I will have my Moderna booster at BPH in 10 days time, as the recommended time period between 2nd shot and booster shot is now 3 mths (for everything other than Pfizer, which is still 6 mths).

And for your information the 3rd booster shot will be entered into the Government data base and therefore shown on your personal Mor Phrom app.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

I am starting this thread to enable forum users to gather information about getting third or booster shots. One of my Thai friends has her appointment for next month, three months after her second jab. So what type of vaccine is appropriate; how do we apply for it and where might be the the best place to get it here in Pattaya? This is not a thread to debate vacinne use, the existence of covid or an excuse for Thai bashing. Let's hope we can garner and assemble useful information.

Moderna (2nd batch--due Jan -Mar) can be registered for at BPH. There is a dedicated Moderna desk close to the Krungsri bank with very knowledgeable ladies. They will tell you how to register etc.

My 2nd AZ was beginning  Sept and I will have my Moderna booster at BPH in 10 days time, as the recommended time period between 2nd shot and booster shot is now 3 mths (for everything other than Pfizer, which is still 6 mths).

And for your information the 3rd booster shot will be entered into the Government data base and therefore shown on your personal Mor Phrom app.

Hope this helps.

Top information!! Im very grateful to you.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Hope this helps.

Is it necessary to visit to register and pay for that? If so, how can that be done. How do I contact the desk?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Is it necessary to visit to register and pay for that? If so, how can that be done. How do I contact the desk?

Actually not necessary as the registration is done using Line, and you pay online once registered. It is a fairly simple to register. 

Add their dedicated BPH Moderna Line   @088fncbm    and you can book directly. 

happy jabbing.

PS.. if you have questions then just call the hospital and talk with the operator or ask for the dedicated Moderna desk.

Edited by couchpotato
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Actually not necessary as the registration is done using Line, and you pay online once registered. It is a fairly simple to register. 

Add there dedicated BPH Moderna Line   @088fncbm    and you can book directly. 

happy jabbing.

PS.. if you have questions then just call the hospital and talk with the operator or ask for the dedicated Moderna desk.

Great!

Do you happen to know if they are giving the proper SMALLER dose of Moderna when used as a booster, or are they incorrectly giving the regular FULL dose?

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Great!

Do you happen to know if they are giving the proper SMALLER dose of Moderna when used as a booster, or are they incorrectly giving the regular FULL dose?

I asked and they said full dose, so that's fine with me. You would need to talk with them on those type of questions. Maybe they will halve it on the day if you ask.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

I asked and they said full dose, so that's fine with me. You would need to talk with them on those type of questions. Maybe they will halve it on the day if you ask.

I had absolutely no side effects from my 2 AZ shots, so with Omicron on the horizon and my travel plans for February, I am just going with the full dose booster.  Of course other peoples ideas may vary on the dose size, but they don't need to be discussed on this thread.

42 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

I had absolutely no side effects from my 2 AZ shots, so with Omicron on the horizon and my travel plans for February, I am just going with the full dose booster.  Of course other peoples ideas may vary on the dose size, but they don't need to be discussed on this thread.

My impression is that side effects from full dose Moderna are indeed an issue for many. I have a close relative that had severe long term effects from both doses. Yes anecdotal.

Pfizer at Memorial Hospital Sirindhorn Rayong:

https://thethaiger.com/news/eastern-thailand/pfizer-booster-shots-on-offer-in-rayong-1000-per-day-for-3-days

"3,000 Pfizer vaccines are set to be administered as booster shots in Rayong from Wednesday to Friday, 1,000 each day at Memorial Hospital Sirindhorn Rayong. The vaccines will be given for free for qualifying people who meet the criteria laid out by the hospitals.

The vaccines will be available for those who are already fully vaccinated with Sinovac, Sinopharm, Astrazeneca, or a combination of 2 of these 3 vaccine brands. Depending on which vaccines they’ve had already, the Pfizer booster shot is offered only after the proper amount of time that has elapsed since receiving your 2nd vaccine.

For those who received either 2 Sinovac vaccines or 2 Sinopharm vaccines, their last injection must have finished their initial vaccines at least 1 month ago, before mid-November.Those who have been inoculated with 2 doses of AstraZeneca would need to have finished their second dose by mid-September, at least 3 months space before the booster shot. "

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thailand J said:

Pfizer at Memorial Hospital Sirindhorn Rayong:

https://thethaiger.com/news/eastern-thailand/pfizer-booster-shots-on-offer-in-rayong-1000-per-day-for-3-days

"3,000 Pfizer vaccines are set to be administered as booster shots in Rayong from Wednesday to Friday, 1,000 each day at Memorial Hospital Sirindhorn Rayong. The vaccines will be given for free for qualifying people who meet the criteria laid out by the hospitals.

The vaccines will be available for those who are already fully vaccinated with Sinovac, Sinopharm, Astrazeneca, or a combination of 2 of these 3 vaccine brands. Depending on which vaccines they’ve had already, the Pfizer booster shot is offered only after the proper amount of time that has elapsed since receiving your 2nd vaccine.

For those who received either 2 Sinovac vaccines or 2 Sinopharm vaccines, their last injection must have finished their initial vaccines at least 1 month ago, before mid-November.Those who have been inoculated with 2 doses of AstraZeneca would need to have finished their second dose by mid-September, at least 3 months space before the booster shot. "

Thanks

On 12/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, couchpotato said:

It would be useful to have them discussed on this thread. I had never heard of the Moderna dose issue until now.

Moderna booster (after 2 x AZ/7th June 2021 and 30 August 2021) free; Sangkha Hospital, Surin. No paper record though. Told to come back on 23rd December for that. Interestingly this time I could feel a sting and it was deeper into the muscle. 

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It would be useful to have them discussed on this thread. I had never heard of the Moderna dose issue until now.

When you started the thread you asked for this type of issue, not to be discussed on this thread.

So you can't have it both ways...maybe start a new thread for dose discussions.

11 minutes ago, spetersen said:

Walk in covid-19 vaccinations available at Chaiyaphruek Pattaya Stadium. Today my wife and I went for our third shoot of covid vaccin this morning. We were there at 7.15 and there were 250 people ahead of us , finished at 9:30. Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccin was available. Requirement older than 18 and the previous shoot if any was received at least three months before . People received not only the third jab even the second and the first was administered. Everything was professional performed..

From another thread.

On 12/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, couchpotato said:

Moderna boosters' are 50 micrograms. A full moderna dose is 100 micrograms. Thailand (and the US) have authorised their boosters as this amount. A trial with results due next week is looking at the possibility of using a 100 micrograms booster to fight Omnicron. At present it is not authorised to give 100mgs boosters.

Below shows a 20 fold increase against Omicon but still only half as affective as after your 2nd dose.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/moderna-booster-shot-increases-omicron-fighting-antibodies-20-fold/ar-AARQHuH?li=BBoPWjQ#image=2

(