Pattaya Booster shots with a refere to Foreigners. how, where when?

The Hammer2021

18 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Good info but begs the question what is the best booster to have?

I don't think you get a choice.  There is a table on line (Thai News Reports Twitter feed) listing the 3rd dose type and timing dependant on what was given for the first two.

1 hour ago, treetops said:

I don't think you get a choice.  There is a table on line (Thai News Reports Twitter feed) listing the 3rd dose type and timing dependant on what was given for the first two.

OK. Yes. Dependant on first two shot. Mine were AZ from BPH. Free. Dunno what they'll offer for 3rd shot but they are selling Moderna there I believe according to a post on this thread.

When Pfizer first arrived it was a 'postcode lottery" as too whether your area or province was deemed worthy enough (Evidenced by Buriram getting Pfizer stock even though it was not a red area).
Moderna this time is freely available in at least 2 local hospitals in Surin I know of. I'm taking a wild guess that some different areas have struck lucky this time judging by the comments here about not having a choice and having to pay in some parts of Thailand. 

There were no chaotic scenes of people queueing for Moderna or Pfizer today. About 50 people I saw, most receiving Moderna boosters as their choice. I also know that at the start of the week they had an outreach program where they visited many small and remote villages. I know of someone who got there 1st full dose Moderna this way, with a certificate and a return date for the 2nd dose. All this service is free.

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2021 at 7:24 PM, rbkk said:

When Pfizer first arrived it was a 'postcode lottery" as too whether your area or province was deemed worthy enough (Evidenced by Buriram getting Pfizer stock even though it was not a red area).

not much lottery, as well planned operation.

buriram is a hotbed for bumjai thai party, and dr anutin is a leader of that party.

under cover of night his underlings from the ministry of health came to the warehouse and carried away some stock. They were the first in the country to get hold of vials. Some of them ended on the black market, as expected from a mafia ruled by the chidchob family 

12 hours ago, internationalism said:

buriram is a hotbed for bumjai thai party, and dr anutin is a leader of that party.

under cover of night his underlings from the ministry of health came to the warehouse and carried away some stock. They were the first in the country to get hold of vials. Some of them ended on the black market, as expected from a mafia ruled by the chidchob family 

Agreed. The inclusion of Surin and Sisaket this time to ready available vaccines and boosters of choice does seem well calculated to garner local support for an upcoming election. The Thai art of vote buying has moved up a gear.

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

Rice paddy gossip. But back to reality. It's seems the booster shot rollout is well organized and well planned in most places. It is to he hoped that as people 'get real' information we can find it here on TVF or rather AN as people also report back their experiences

On 12/18/2021 at 12:25 PM, Thailand J said:

Looks like Chaiyaphruek Stadium is not operating on the 21th and 22nd.

The operation is run by Banglamung Hospital. For latest

news follow โรงพยาบาลบางละมุง on Facebook.

A suggestion for anyone using this facility at the indoor stadium on Chaiyaphruek who has not got a Thai ID or vaccine ID number.

I was there last week to get a booster following two jabs in the UK earlier this year so had no record on the Thai vaccination system.  I asked at a couple of stages if I would get some kind of certificate for this booster and no-one seemed to know and referred me to Banglamung Hospital.

Part way through the registration process you are given a small printout with some details on it that you take to the next stage where it's taken from you.  Take a photo of that slip before you hand it in as your vaccine ID number is on it.  I used it to register on Mor Phrom and could see the details in my records before I left the stadium.

1409369752_stadium01.jpg.f71693fe1daae193f72f5db81da6946f.jpg

• Like 2

There are  mor promp techicians on site who can enter or update your record  in the system. Upon my request, they entered my passport number into the system in additional to my pink ID card number, the system was updated immediately.

These are the days the stadium is open for the next two weeks, from Banglamung Hostipal Facebook page:

Screenshot 2021-12-20 144750.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 2:59 PM, Thailand J said:

There are  mor promp techicians on site who can enter or update your record  in the system. Upon my request, they entered my passport number into the system in additional to my pink ID card number, the system was updated immediately.

These are the days the stadium is open for the next two weeks, from Banglamung Hostipal Facebook page:

Screenshot 2021-12-20 144750.jpg

I am here on a non-o (retirement visa) with no "pink I.D. card" etc. I am a UK citizen in possession of paper and Mor-Prom digital proof of Pfizer x 2 at Samitivej hospital, Sri racha.

Will they give me a booster jab if I just turn up at Chaiyaphruek Stadium?

18 minutes ago, davidhen said:

I am here on a non-o (retirement visa) with no "pink I.D. card" etc. I am a UK citizen in possession of paper and Mor-Prom digital proof of Pfizer x 2 at Samitivej hospital, Sri racha.

Will they give me a booster jab if I just turn up at Chaiyaphruek Stadium?

Yes. Based on what I read on Banglamung Hospital Facebook page and a post above, they don't care where did you get your first two jabs. If you decided to go please check with them and also confirm their schedule as they are not operating everyday.

Follow โรงพยาบาลบางละมุง on Facebook

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 4:04 PM, Jingthing said:

How is Chaiyaphruek Stadium as far as social.distancing, ventilation, etc.?

when you sit you are placed on chairs with one empty in between then you go down to get your jab and you must leave at least 6 inches between you and the next in line ????

• Sad 1

I went to Chaiyaphruek Stadium today. Got a pfiser booster shot after two AZ in Australia. Was fairly well organised and no issues with qualifying as a ferang. They even give you a consent form In English. The trick as previously advised is to take a picture of the little white slip they give you. They take it back. It includes your login id if you don't have a thai id to mor prom application. In addition you need to supply your address and thai phone number. They typed in my name and phone number incorrectly so had to get amended at the site. Desk near where you get the consent form. Without this you cannot login to mor prom. So I have access now. But the format is not great as I have only had 1 shot in Thailand. So only can access data in vaccination record but not certificate. Certificate format is superior. HOping this will suffice to get record added in Australia. Date is thai format. Overall very impressed. Efficient and free. 

Edited by Malcolm Aussie
  • Like 1

Just an update on documentation  I applied for the international vaccine certificate on mor prom. I chose the electronic free option. Well the vaccine certificate arrived in my email and is great. All in English with required data and date format. So I can send this document back to Australia to get my health record consolidated. I have no idea how you can get vaccinations from overseas added to mor prom if you wanted it consolidated also in the thai system. 

• Thanks 2

On 12/28/2021 at 2:06 AM, Malcolm Aussie said:

Just an update on documentation  I applied for the international vaccine certificate on mor prom. I chose the electronic free option. Well the vaccine certificate arrived in my email and is great. All in English with required data and date format. So I can send this document back to Australia to get my health record consolidated.

Can you explain step by step how you did that?  Like you, my previous jabs were not done in Thailand but my booster was.  There are instructions in another thread but I can't seem to use them as the app thinks I'm not fully vaccinated, so your knowledge may be invaluable to me.

Hi treetops. Yes the mor prom app only has the 1 booster jab for me. So if I click on certificate and then covid-19 vaccine certificate it says " you are not fully vaccinated". I can see my vaccination record for the booster in the covid-19 vaccination record. Problem is this opens a popup that does not have your personal  details , so could be anyone, and also date is Thai format. I wanted a better format to update my health record in Australia. So I tried the international cartificate option. I thought this would not work as I only has 1 vaccine in the system. But it did work. I selected request for a covid-19 vaccination certificate, updated my details , added my passport jpeg, and selected e-vaccine passport. Selected a booking date and time. No idea why you need this booking date and time. Selected free of charge and ticked confirm information and hit confirm. The next day I got an email with my booster shot detailed as a single line on the international vaccine format. Exactly what I needed to send home. It has the correct date format and batch number etc. Hope this helps. It was a stab in the dark for me but worked 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At the moment Boosters are available at the Royal Garden Plaza,  Pattaya.  I have just had mine. Very busy. Best to get there by 9am as it soon gets VERY crowded. A Dutch guy I talked to said  he had just come from the Stadium and the Plaza was better. Pfizer. I was told they were open on Thursday and Friday this week.

1 hour ago, pattaya1234was said:

At the moment Boosters are available at the Royal Garden Plaza,  Pattaya.  I have just had mine. Very busy. Best to get there by 9am as it soon gets VERY crowded. A Dutch guy I talked to said  he had just come from the Stadium and the Plaza was better. Pfizer. I was told they were open on Thursday and Friday this week.

What time did you arrive?

How long did you wait?

Were you at least registered upon arrival or did you need to wait for hours just for that?

Edited by Jingthing

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

What time did you arrive?

How long did you wait?

Were you at least registered upon arrival or did you need to wait for hours just for that?

I arrived at 9.30 am and queued in the street before getting into the Plaza. That probably took 20 minutes. Once up the escalator I had no idea what to do. I asked 3/4 guys from City Hall and none spoke Englsih, of course!. There were 3  empty shops which had been changed into waiting rooms so I took the plunge and offered my PP and Certificate to a guy on a computer near the entrance to the shop. He looked at both and mumbled a few words ,in Thai. I suspect he registered me and then I saw a # on a lectern. So I guessed I was in the right place. The shop had about 70 chairs and seats were taken   and I was told to join a queue snaking around the Plaza balcony. After a while, 1 hour, of standing and I am 82 years old I had had enough and asked if they could find me a chair-no reply. Then a lady kindly pointed out a vacancy on a settee and I gratefully accepted! Then a Lady started dishing out numbers and at 396 she ran out. On returning I was first in the queue to get a second batch number 418. So from that I implied that 417 people had entered before me. . They were emptying the shop by rows , 5 chairs per row and I eventually got a seat at the back. After endless rounds of Musical Chairs I was ushered over to the vaxing room . There BP and more paperwork and then the vaccine. There were all of 4 nurses doing the vaccinating. In in the end I walked to my car at 1pm. My previous jabs had been at the railway station and it was a breeze, suprtbly organised. Yesterday was a covid cluster in the making. Pfizer was the only option.  Ge there before 9am if you want to avoid all this hassle!!

• Thanks 2