Transgender person allegedly attacks their boyfriend with a knife in Jomtien

webfact

29 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Source?

Transgender people are over four times more likely than cisgender people to experience violent victimization, including rape, sexual assault, and aggravated or simple assault, according to a new study by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law. In addition, households with a transgender person had higher rates of property victimization than cisgender households.

Researchers analyzed pooled data from the 2017 and 2018 National Crime Victimization Survey, the first comprehensive and nationally representative criminal victimization data to include information on the gender identity and sex assigned at birth of respondents.

Results showed that both transgender women and men had higher rates of violent victimization than their cisgender counterparts, but there were no differences between transgender men and women.

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/press/ncvs-trans-press-release/

Similar stas across many countries, relativelyhigher increases when Latino or POC 

Edited by RJRS1301

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Read the article.

I did. The information may have come from any soiurce or the journo preferring to be cautious and not wanting to be accussed of misgendering.  I am aware of cisgender females using those pronouns 

• Like 1

No!

Some people refer to themselves as they/them. Personally that sounds more to me like a multiple personality issue but up to them.

But generally most transgender women identify as female and wish to be addressed that way.

The article says she is typical in that.

This news organ should have respected that or they could have been rude and referred to her as a Mister.

But they/theming her is most likely due to ignorance of what that is by the writer. 

Simply wrong.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Not my "claim" I merely shared one source of information and study. 

You implied that it was more likely that a trans person would be attacked than a trans person would attack someone.  I assume you have a source for that, otherwise you would not have said it.  Can you share the source please?

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

You implied that it was more likely that a trans person would be attacked than a trans person would attack someone.  I assume you have a source for that, otherwise you would not have said it.  Can you share the source please?

Read a British, European or American newspaper to reference what is common knowledge.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Maybe the journalist asked the person what their preferred person pronouns are.

The preferred person pronouns maybe "they/them/ their"
Better than referring to her in many ways used in the past. 

I get your point entirely and don't disagree with you. I can't help but think to myself this new evolution/revolution in claiming (a dissonant historically linguistically dissonant anyway) nomenclature is really neurotic gross overcompensation on the part of those who claim 'their' right to do so.