How early can you apply for covid extension?

19 minutes ago, ifmu said:

in chiang mai you go on the last day of your cv date   unless its a holiday or weekend 

Clearly you deal with CM so you must know.

However having to apply for covid extension on date of expiry is ridiculous. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I have friends done Covid extensions in CM. There is no need to go on the last day. I would be uncomfortable doing that for any extension.

The issue is that for your first Covid extension here you get 60 days from application date with subsequent extensions tagged on. You also need to do the 15 days under consideration unless you use an agent. My info is only up to date as of last week!

1 minute ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I have friends done Covid extensions in CM. There is no need to go on the last day. I would be uncomfortable doing that for any extension.

The issue is that for your first Covid extension here you get 60 days from application date with subsequent extensions tagged on. You also need to do the 15 days under consideration unless you use an agent. My info is only up to date as of last week!

That was also my understanding.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:34 PM, Greenwich Boy said:

Aaah didn’t realise it was different to Bangkok - there they add the 60 days on to when your current extension runs out and they don’t bother with to the 15 days - think I’ll head back to bangkok to do it. 

1 hour ago, Kevinphall said:

Aaah didn’t realise it was different to Bangkok - there they add the 60 days on to when your current extension runs out and they don’t bother with to the 15 days - think I’ll head back to bangkok to do it. 

Why not go to immigration in CM and ask.

The "must go on last day", I would disregard. 

Just ask them when they date your 60 days from. Should be from expiry of current extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 12/16/2021 at 2:16 PM, DrJack54 said:

No it’s not. You’ll get 57 days from re-apply date so going early just loses you Extn. Time. Of course you must have full confidence in both your situation and local Imm. If in Phuket  with Property , Yellow Book, Thai ID Card and/ or Thai Child, you would have that, for example, as you simply cannot be Denied……

Very Worse case is you somehow get Rejected so then just go to pre- selected Agent for Longstay Visa.If that is anyway realistic, reapply 3 days before CE expiry to avoid Overstay.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TropicalGuy said:

No it’s not. You’ll get 57 days from re-apply date so going early just loses you Extn. Time. Of course you must have full confidence in both your situation and local Imm. If in Phuket  with Property , Yellow Book, Thai ID Card and/ or Thai Child, you would have that, for example, as you simply cannot be Denied……

Very Worse case is you somehow get Rejected so then just go to pre- selected Agent for Longstay Visa.If that is anyway realistic, reapply 3 days before CE expiry to avoid Overstay.

Or follow long - winded groveling procedures from those Immy worshippers “ in the know” 

On 12/15/2021 at 7:00 AM, ubonjoe said:

Most offices will do the extension up to 2 weeks early.

when you apply early for a covid extension,should u always get the 60 days or is there a chance you could actually lose days by applying early?

10 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

when you apply early for a covid extension,should u always get the 60 days or is there a chance you could actually lose days by applying early?

It depends upon the office where you apply. Some offices start the covid 19 extension from the day you apply.

• Like 1

Just been to The Government Complex in Bangkok (Thung Song Hong) for a 30 day extension of a 60 day tourist visum (first time extension). I informed at the officer about the covid extension: she explained me they start the 60 days extension counting from the day you apply.
Can someone confirm in which cities they actually stamp for 60 days after current expiration date?

Edited by EdwinNL

15 hours ago, EdwinNL said:

Just been to The Government Complex in Bangkok (Thung Song Hong) for a 30 day extension of a 60 day tourist visum (first time extension). I informed at the officer about the covid extension: she explained me they start the 60 days extension counting from the day you apply.
Can someone confirm in which cities they actually stamp for 60 days after current expiration date?

I did my last covid extension there and they added 60 days from current expiration- so either the rules have changed or that was wrong info. 

2 hours ago, Kevinphall said:

I did my last covid extension there and they added 60 days from current expiration- so either the rules have changed or that was wrong info. 

Thanks for the info!  Good to know. When did you go there? Maybe these kind of details are open for interpretation by the officer on duty? Although they will make quite a bit of a difference... 

8 hours ago, baboon said:

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but would I qualify for any Covid extension? I entered on December 1st this year.

You can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension at immigration until January 25th.

• Like 1