Booster vaccine?

neilscolt

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I noticed this option "Registration" on the Mor Prom app - maybe it was there all along - and do note that it is "Out of service" currently, but maybe that button can be used in the future to book a booster? (But then maybe it refers to some other sort of 'registration'?)

That space on my Mor Phrom says "Vaccinated" with the same background image.  I've had one jab in Thailand (my 3rd).

15 hours ago, treetops said:

That space on my Mor Phrom says "Vaccinated" with the same background image.

Yes, today my Mor Prom app says the same thing, "Vaccinated", where previously it said "Registration, out of service".

Technically I do not yet qualify for a booster, but I am thinking maybe, possibly they'll use this app to allow us to register for a booster.

30 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

...but I am thinking maybe, possibly they'll use this app to allow us to register for a booster.

Anything is possible but don't hold your breath.  Initially the Mor Prom app was used as a "centralized" approach to schedule initial jabs, but then the govt stop using the Mor Prom app to scheduled appts since they were doing a terrible job at it (the bad app story again) and switched to a "decentralized" approach where individual hospitals/organizations did the scheduling using there own unique approaches....some use mobile apps...some use web pages...some use door-to-door visits, some use walk-ins, etc.   Expect it to continue that way with the Mor Phom app primarily  being used to crossfeed COVID info and record vaccination, but not to schedule jabs. 

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, today my Mor Prom app says the same thing, "Vaccinated", where previously it said "Registration, out of service".

App. was updated on December 23, 2021.

Suspect it can determine my ineligibility for a booster based on my vaccination history.

In the Play Store the description is:

The application is used for the whole county of the Kingdom of Thailand.

Users can Login to access it. Must have 13 digits of information and a phone number.
Listed in the database of the Ministry of Health Moph Immunization only,

an application for checking vaccine history and COVID-19 test results for use in Thailand. under the supervision of the Ministry of Health
Has the following functions:
- Show the latest COVID-19 test results
- Book a vaccine
- Make an appointment for vaccination

-Show vaccination history
-Show vaccination certificate

Mor Prom also on FB: https://www.facebook.com/Mohpromt/

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Has the following functions:
- Show the latest COVID-19 test results
- Book a vaccine
- Make an appointment for vaccination

-Show vaccination history
-Show vaccination certificate

Expect they need to update the description.  While the Mor Phom app initially supported the making of vaccine appt the govt suspended that capability in May 2021.

On 12/25/2021 at 3:31 PM, Dario said:

Update:

Yesterday I was informed by the nurse living in our village that my wife and I are scheduled for a Pfizer booster shot given on January 15 at our nearest provincial town, only 12 km away from our home. No need for me to travel a third time to Khon Kaen. G*R*E*A*T! For one time local Thai health management works. I send a big Thank You to the powers in charge.

It gets better and better: Tomorrow morning at 09:00 my wife and I (Swiss national) will get a free annual flu shot. I used to pay 800 Baht every year.

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2021 at 3:31 PM, Dario said:

Update:

Yesterday I was informed by the nurse living in our village that my wife and I are scheduled for a Pfizer booster shot given on January 15 at our nearest provincial town, only 12 km away from our home. No need for me to travel a third time to Khon Kaen. G*R*E*A*T! For one time local Thai health management works. I send a big Thank You to the powers in charge.

The booster did not materialize as planned. A day before our appointment, the village nurse called my wife and said Pfizer was "mot" and asked her if we wanted Astra Zeneca. My wife said said: No, we would like to have Pfizer jyst like we were promised. We're still waiting...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 11:43 PM, Dario said:

The booster did not materialize as planned. A day before our appointment, the village nurse called my wife and said Pfizer was "mot" and asked her if we wanted Astra Zeneca. My wife said said: No, we would like to have Pfizer jyst like we were promised. We're still waiting...

We got our Pfizer booster yesterday morning and today Sunday it shows already on the Thailand Digital Health Pass.

Kind of a tangent but somewhat related... is there any definition yet as to how old your most recent vaccination jab is to still be considered 'fully vaccinated' for entry to Thailand?  (the way some EU countries only consider 9 months since your most recent jab as fully vaccinated)