Switching to a newer 3BB internet package.

JeffersLos

We have a fiber optic 3BB package from around 3 years ago.

100mb down, with I think around 30mb up (speed test now shows around 100mb both up and down.)

699thb per month, around 730 with tax.

I now see they offer fiber optic 1Gb down 100 up for 590thb.

Is it simply a case of calling them or going to a 3bb kiosk and switching to the cheaper newer faster product? 

18 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

We have a fiber optic 3BB package from around 3 years ago.

100mb down, with I think around 30mb up (speed test now shows around 100mb both up and down.)

699thb per month, around 730 with tax.

I now see they offer fiber optic 1Gb down 100 up for 590thb.

Is it simply a case of calling them or going to a 3bb kiosk and switching to the cheaper newer faster product? 

Normally, you would be automatically upgraded to a newer package which corresponds to your monthly charge. The fact that this hasn't happened could mean that some kind of hardware upgrade is required in order to receive a better/cheaper package. Having said that, if you ring them or go to a kiosk, they should be able to sort you out and there shouldn't be any cost to you. I have been automatically upgraded a couple of times and now have the 1000/500 package for 749 baht per month. When I was upgraded to the 1000/500, I had to have the router replaced (free) as my current 3BB supplied router could only deliver 500Mbs download.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

Does your current modem/router support 5 GHz WiFi? If not, I'd try to wrangle a new one with the upgrade request.

Normally you have to request a change in package once you've satisfied your current contract.

So they can simply re-provision your service, and then change you monthly bill.

You should upgrade, in case that wasn't obvious.

No need to go to a shop, unless you want to get out and meet new people, they can remotely re-provision your service, or dispatch a tech to install the new modem.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I've got the 1gb down 500 mb up package, it's great value. 700 a month, with their gigatv as well. Better to go to a shop and the arrange the upgrade. You get a new wifi 6 router as well.

I have the same 1000/500 but pay Bht 856 with the Giga TV, which is not very good.