USB device not recognised.

up2you2

13 hours ago, up2you2 said:

Very good reason, this message is repeating itself all the time, plus the ding dong each time, driving me mad.

What message and the ding dong... is that the reconnecting or an usb device if so i get the problem. All i saw was a driver with unknown device. I did not see any of your other complaints. I might have misread it. 

So you get a sound all the time and a message comes up all the time... why no screen shot of that ?

45 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

don't think so, can claim all you want anonymously online. I suggest you get some IT experience first.

Yeah, I remember the first time I took notice of you. I was instrumental in you getting an involuntary TV vacation. It's a shame, you might actually learn something if your armchair hubris behavior didn't get in your way.

I've installed literally hundreds of Windows 7/10 operating systems on pc's and laptops. This device manager message appears after every initial installation. You need to go to the hardware's website (Dell, ASUS, etc.), find out what drivers they recommend and the order in which you need to install them. To date, this has fixed this "feature" on every machine I've built or rebuilt.

• Haha 1

Update on Page 2 replies.

First off the message states USB device not recognised.
At the same time the ding dong sound.
Tried to screen shot it, but failed, it goes so fast.

The USB device is unknown, that's the maddening part.

Yes Windows 7 32 bit could well be partially responsible.

Now for some good news, it started last evening - it stopped.
Could be for a multitude of reasons, but here's a few that might be worthy candidates:
The USB oblivion app
Disabling the USB Root Hub Properties Power Management boxes
Then I had the idea, of inserting a memory stick into the USB ports, one at a time, just to see if that stops this message coming
Since I tried the second, it has stopped, haven't taken it out to see if it will come back, loathed to, just relishing the peace and quiet.

Another separate problem that I was having previously, related or totally unrelated, was that my video card occasionally crashed, and then recovered.
To date this also might have been resolved.

And thank you to all of those that have tried to help me.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Yeah, I remember the first time I took notice of you. I was instrumental in you getting an involuntary TV vacation. It's a shame, you might actually learn something if your armchair hubris behavior didn't get in your way.

that's still doesn't take away the fact you are giving the wrong solution and making silly claims about being in IT for 20 years and yet can't recognize a busted USB device at first glance ????