Authorities Say Vaccinations and Testing Required for New Year Countdown

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, smedly said:

so this is a huge change in policy, it seems vaccination is no longer enough

who is making money from test kits ?

Just like who is making money from PCR testing, hotel and insurance costs etc, etc, etc?

This pandemic is sure doing well for certain bank accounts.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Nice picture, but, with the advance of modern surgical techniques it is getting more difficult each day to tell the difference....

Certainly not the case ten years ago. I had a friend who had the procedure done in Phuket.

Looks like the Incredible Hulk hit him/her with a a skip!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I can only see the following benefit..... if you suspect or are told you have been in contact with an infected person, get tested, to determine whether you should self isolate... hence limit the rate of spread.

(Although if omicron is mild as rumoured, it would be a better approach to just let it spread). 

Fair enough. 

The rate of spread and waves of surges [of the two-year Covid era] manifest from the obvious - the masses, as collectives, become laxed/indifferent to adhering to the practice of mitigation protocols and safety measures. The pathogen can only spread if it has somewhere to go/hosts to infect. 

9 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Governments around the world are not doing this, they are treating all variants the same. It looks like 2022 will be a stay at home year. I truly wish I am wrong.  

You are right. 2022 is a year with full disasters, and not only covid, but floods/tsunamis, and more.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's the problem with those idiots... 

Yes, it is. One idiot says something, including people from WHO.; others follows without thinking.. you are right, and even me i will never vaccinate too, and I will back to my home if these idiots cannot understand. Vaccination is not the only solution or medicine for COVID, but there are many more medicines, even traditional things...So, far  I am OK, and never get Covid or any.    Really the real idiots are the person who do not respect others rights...and if someone wants to get vaccine it is OK...

Anyhow, people will realize the heavy side impacts of this after 1-2 years ONLY....and then it will affect to economy. Other great news is, unvaccinated people will get high demand too.

Thailand will regret one day with these things when they realize , but may be too late... 

Covid, and there will be a series of virus for next 3 years, and we can see normal life in 2024/25 only. Thus, let it be,....and then people can minimize all impacts..but promoting only the vaccine is not a solution, but a solution for idiots.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

The whole covid campaign around the world has been about profit and population control since early 2020. Some have figured it out back then, some are now starting to catch up to it, some will stay delusional and naive.

sadly, you might actually be right. They lied to use about the vaccine, and now want to go back to the old system for lockdowns, no matter what. Madness.

• Like 1

For the posters who just will not vaccinate, please stay home if you get sick from COVID.

You will only be plugging up the hospital and preventing a patient from getting their

badly needed operation. Thanks in advance.  When you are sick from COVID, it will be too late to get the 

vaccination, that may have kept you from getting so sick. Something to think about.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Fair enough. 

The rate of spread and waves of surges [of the two-year Covid era] manifest from the obvious - the masses, as collectives, become laxed/indifferent to adhering to the practice of mitigation protocols and safety measures. The pathogen can only spread if it has somewhere to go/hosts to infect. 

I do not see it here in Thailand, but feedback I get from the UK is many people simply are not wearing masks. An example I heard only yesterday, being on a bus, an enclosed space where likely you are close to people, and in the UK winter, heated air is recirculated. There is a single driver supposed to police this, but I am sure he does not want the aggravation and arguments, 

8 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

For the posters who just will not vaccinate, please stay home if you get sick from COVID.

You will only be plugging up the hospital and preventing a patient from getting their

badly needed operation. Thanks in advance.  When you are sick from COVID, it will be too late to get the 

vaccination, that may have kept you from getting so sick. Something to think about.

So you're OK with vaccinated people who have COVID to wander around?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's the problem with those idiots... 

Idiots who understand the situation better than you ? Keep injecting, champion, because anybody with a brain would rather understand that in countries where 90% people have been injected, they can reach 100000 daily covid cases...

The cheaters are so lucky that so many idiots believe in what is told to them !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dpcjsr said:

So a vaccine that does NOT prevent covid and does NOT prevent the vaccinated from spreading covid is required. 

Brilliant. 

The hidden agenda could not be more clear. 

Well yes... but in the meantime we have to make do with vaccines that reduces spread, and have high efficacy in preventing serious infections

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, thierryviteau said:

Idiots who understand the situation better than you ?

No! Because by definition idiots are idiots.

But obviously it's difficult to explain that to idiots.

Luckily Darwin takes care of some of those idiots so all in all the situation is getting better over time.

I went to the Tawangdaeng Beer Garden last night, and proof of vaccination was required for entry. First time I have seen this in Thailand, but it didn't seem to put people off at all. The place was almost full by the time I left at 7:30pm, and this was on a Sunday evening.

On 12/19/2021 at 6:54 AM, smedly said:

so this is a huge change in policy, it seems vaccination is no longer enough

who is making money from test kits ?

It seems that Omicron is infecting double vaccinated at a high rate in the USA.

So vaccines are not going to stop Omicron, thats how it is panning out in the UK and has displaced Delta totally in SA.

This will probably happen around the world, the good news is it is not causing severe illness compared to delta, you can get the hospital rates online, Dr John Campbells latest video on U Tube has the latest data from the UK today.

So hopefully (hoping it is mild and does not crash hospitals) in a few more weeks delta may be displaced in the USA and Europe, SA, and most countries, Australia has it , NZ has 30+ in MIQ.

A news report on channel 9 Aust showed some young girls who had Omicron and they did not even know they had it , they were wanting to go out and party.

So far its hopeful, looking quite good, and if the data keeps going that way then great.

But I can not see these events in Thailand going through all of this carry on , I think thee Thais will jump the fence and it will be a shambles.

Either way if Little O is present it will spread quickly through the events, hopefully Omicron will be the end of this pandemic.

22 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

we will see.. some people never learn unless they are confronted with it... Everyone is free to do as he/she likes.. for me no problem, but you need to accept the consequences too and not complain

Oh hum...another NYE at Vid-Village, eating BBQ and sipping lite-lao cocktails.

As usual, I'm left alone looking up at the stars come mid-night, as everyone else has already drunk themselves down for the count around 10pm...... after 16yrs I don't recall ever making it to the 'count-down' with any of my Thai-relatives. ????????

2020: Year of the Virus , 2021: Year of the Vaccine......2022: Year of the ???