Has your favourite or well liked bar, restaurant or club reopened recently.

The Hammer2021

On 12/31/2021 at 4:46 AM, aussiexpat said:

My "all alone" bar crawl on arrival 15 Jan seems to be a go ????

Irish Rovers, Bodega Bar, Wonderful bar, Hooters, Hopf, Beer Hub, Tree Town...

Bodega open again.? 

Do you mean Wonderful 1 or 2 or both.? 

1 hour ago, rott said:

Bodega open again.? 

Do you mean Wonderful 1 or 2 or both.? 

Would like to know myself as this used to be my "neighborhood". Soi 13/1, Soi 13/2 used to be one of the "hotspots" of Pattaya. According to unreliable sources, this is no more the case. Can anyone give an update concerning this corner of Pattaya?

1 hour ago, swissie said:

Would like to know myself as this used to be my "neighborhood". Soi 13/1, Soi 13/2 used to be one of the "hotspots" of Pattaya. According to unreliable sources, this is no more the case. Can anyone give an update concerning this corner of Pattaya?

Same here, I've been out of town for 3 weeks so I don't know how things are at the minute. But the Bodega and Wonderful 1 were not open when I left. 

As to hotspots I think that is the past. Not "dead" but not exactly thriving, if you have friends who drink in Yamato and Post they will probably still be there. 

9 minutes ago, rott said:

Same here, I've been out of town for 3 weeks so I don't know how things are at the minute. But the Bodega and Wonderful 1 were not open when I left. 

As to hotspots I think that is the past. Not "dead" but not exactly thriving, if you have friends who drink in Yamato and Post they will probably still be there. 

Bodega is open as is one of the Wonderful bars. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, champers said:

Bodega is open as is one of the Wonderful bars. 

Good to hear the Bodega is open again. I would guess that it is Wonderful 2 that is open. 

I was told that Wonderful 1 was finished but that does not mean it is true. A new owner could appear anytime. 

4 hours ago, rott said:

Good to hear the Bodega is open again. I would guess that it is Wonderful 2 that is open. 

I was told that Wonderful 1 was finished but that does not mean it is true. A new owner could appear anytime. 

Wonderful on the corner of 13\1 is still closed with corrugated iron

They are all doomed now

They now require you to have a negative ATK result within 72 hours of sitting down for a meal or have a drink...

I lasted 2 years without a covid test, stuffed if I'm going to have one every 72 hours just to eat out..

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/02/chonburi-governor-releases-late-night-updated-orders-around-covid-19-and-food-and-beverage-establishments/

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

They are all doomed now

They now require you to have a negative ATK result within 72 hours of sitting down for a meal or have a drink...

I lasted 2 years without a covid test, stuffed if I'm going to have one every 72 hours just to eat out..

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/02/chonburi-governor-releases-late-night-updated-orders-around-covid-19-and-food-and-beverage-establishments/

A very sad day for businesses in Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/2/2022 at 1:52 PM, aussiexpat said:

They are all doomed now

They need to be seen to be doing something.  That doesn't mean something actually gets done.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

They need to be seen to be doing something.  That doesn't mean something actually gets done.  

A number of places along Soi Buakhow were visited Thursday I think and patrons checked and of course few if any could provide proof of an ATK test so the bar I am specifically aware of was given a warning...........

I noticed signs outside HH and Witherspoons specifically. When I asked Witherspoons clarified they could give ATK test for 75 baht but no entry without proof.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topt said:

A number of places along Soi Buakhow were visited Thursday I think and patrons checked and of course few if any could provide proof of an ATK test so the bar I am specifically aware of was given a warning...........

I noticed signs outside HH and Witherspoons specifically. When I asked Witherspoons clarified they could give ATK test for 75 baht but no entry without proof.

How long before test kits run out?  What then?

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 11:08 PM, swissie said:

It's v quiet